Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

victorkk

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks devilcup.

After comparing, i think i will get whichever is cheaper. MXY-4G28VA or MKS80QVMG.

Based on spec, only the 9000 BTU indoor unit got difference. MSXY-FJ10VE @16.9m3/min vs CTKS25QVM @10.8m3/min. The outdoor unit and 24000 BTU inddor unit very similar though.

U can also look at daikin smile series. 5 tick Aircon. Just launch. From spec, it seems abit more powerful.

jessie_w

Reaction score
Reliable and Trustworthy - Newway

Hi all,

any good and reliable air con installers to recommend?

My close to 5 years panasonic air con is finally reaching its end of endurance mainly due to bad installation, bad piping and bad cabling. the installation is so bad that the whole air con trunking start to sweat and condense after few months. eventually leaked into my walls and paint. now my rooms the walls look like ****.

I think due to the water and moisture it affected the cabling and now one of my FCU cannot turn on anymore. ask ppl to check and they say the whole set of aircon condition is very bad.

I think i will go for replacement of entire aircon, including all the piping and trunking. Any good place to recommend?

The installation workmanship, piping, cabling is utmost importance to me. I want to avoid all the installation headache and nightmare which i encountered. I am prepared to pay premium but the quality must be good

Thanks

Hello OrangePineapple!

I bought a new Mitsubishi System 3 from Newway about a year ago.

It was a SUPERB experience for me and everything has been working very well.

I found them from online research and also recommendations from other users in this forum.

If you are look for a reliable and trustworthy company, I think you should really check out their services.

I am certain Newway is a safe bet as even my husband (a very very picky man) was equally impressed with their services!

devilcup

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks devilcup.

After comparing, i think i will get whichever is cheaper. MXY-4G28VA or MKS80QVMG.

Based on spec, only the 9000 BTU indoor unit got difference. MSXY-FJ10VE @16.9m3/min vs CTKS25QVM @10.8m3/min. The outdoor unit and 24000 BTU inddor unit very similar though.

I guess you referring to the air flow. Found the airflow, ME one mention as high airflow while daikin did not mention... Maybe they all by default spec as high airflow. Anyway Correct me if i am wrong, i think the efficiency from the main Compressor is more important.

Last edited:

victorkk

Reaction score
You are right. i took the reading as max air flow.

How to calculate the efficiency of the main compressor? Is it output(KW) / input(KW)? Its very tiring to google from many websites to piece together all the information.

@galaxynote: is starmex 5 tick system very quiet? the compressor will be just outside my master bedroom, don't want a "generator" running. haha..

I guess you referring to the air flow. Found the airflow, ME one mention as high airflow while daikin did not mention... Maybe they all by default spec as high airflow. Anyway Correct me if i am wrong, i think the efficiency from the main Compressor is more important.

terumo

Reaction score
To victorkk,

1) Higher airflow, yes, will help to cool down the room faster but you need to note the BTU too which is more important.
2) The running current of the indoor unit doesn't matter much, its the outdoor unit that matters.
3) You can switch on all units, just that the total btu is limited by the compressor btu output.
4) This is a 5 ticks model, will save quite a fair bit of energy if your usage if high.

Last edited:

devilcup

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

How to calculate the efficiency of the main compressor? Is it output(KW) / input(KW)? Its very tiring to google from many websites to piece together all the information.

@galaxynote: is starmex 5 tick system very quiet? the compressor will be just outside my master bedroom, don't want a "generator" running. haha..
maybe this post in the blog will help you? (i guess this is Terumo blog?)

http://airconguru.blogspot.jp/2012/10/btu-calculation.html#links

From the post,9k BTU is suffice for All HDB Bedroom size and 18k BTU is suffice for most HDB Living room (even 5 room flat). But if you have a lot of parties in your living room, you might consider bigger BTU FCU.

galaxynote

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The compressor is quiet and amazingly small footprint. .only thing it is made in thailand...
Fj series is definitely one of the best!

gnixer

Master Member
Reaction score
LG A4UQ26GFA2 System 4

Installation Included
Free Dismantle & Disposal of Old Units
Warranty

5 years on compressor
5 years on other spare parts (promotion ends on 30 Sept 2016)
1 year on workmanship
12+9+9+9

S$3,773.75 (with $350 choice vouchers)

LG A4UQ26GFA0 System 4
S$3,614.90 (with $550 choice vouchers)
same as above

any reviews on this model?

GBC

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello OrangePineapple!

I bought a new Mitsubishi System 3 from Newway about a year ago.

It was a SUPERB experience for me and everything has been working very well.

I found them from online research and also recommendations from other users in this forum.

If you are look for a reliable and trustworthy company, I think you should really check out their services.

I am certain Newway is a safe bet as even my husband (a very very picky man) was equally impressed with their services!

I use Newway to replace my aircon system in Nov 2015. They took 1.25 days to change aircon, piping and trunkings. Up to now, no problems encountered. Highly recommended.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe

Reaction score
I am using mitsubishi starmex 5 ticks
System 4
9k x2
13kx1 mbr
24k living room

Cost 4.5k
GC
So far so good
Can i check with you which GC outlet did you get your aircon from?
I went to one outlet and was quoted 4.6k for starmex 5 tix with 3x9k & 1x18k bTU. Would appreciate if you can share your contact. Thanks!

hahnhahnhahn

Reaction score
Confused about what is the best piping .. is it those black styrofoam like better or those white ones with a plastic covering? Anybody kind to share which model is the best copper piping and insulator?

terumo

Reaction score
To hahnhahnhahn,

Armaflex is the most commonly used, should the the black rubber type.

Brogrammer

Reaction score
for aircon installation may i know roughly what's the cost for system 2 setup?

sorry noob here as first time getting the aircon.

Hottyhot

Reaction score
for aircon installation may i know roughly what's the cost for system 2 setup?

sorry noob here as first time getting the aircon.

Sys 2
1. Daikin $2180 - 3 ticks
2. Mitsub heavy industries $2070 - 4 tick
3. Mitsub starmex $2290 - 2 ticks
4. Pana $2290 - 3 ticks
5. Panasonic $1980 - 2 ticks

Materials they using 13mm drainage pipe, 3/8 insulation and 23swg copper pipe. All material are the most basic type.

Above I saw at audio house bendemeer 2 days ago. They give vouchers but can only can deduct $20 for $100 purchases of other selected products.

Hope it helps

petetherock

Reaction score
I installed a Panasonic Sys 2 for about $2300. It's the new model with 4 ticks.
One 9k and one 12k unit.
Look for Lerwick Services.

cheongking888

Reaction score
LG A4UQ26GFA2 System 4

Installation Included
Free Dismantle & Disposal of Old Units
Warranty

5 years on compressor
5 years on other spare parts (promotion ends on 30 Sept 2016)
1 year on workmanship
12+9+9+9

S$3,773.75 (with $350 choice vouchers)

LG A4UQ26GFA0 System 4
S$3,614.90 (with $550 choice vouchers)
same as above

any reviews on this model?

Your system 4 configurations are underpower.If 4 FCUs were to turn on together, the temperature is not cold. Around 23+-. You will see the underpower during hot day.

I just installed A4UQ30GFA0. It is a high capacity ACU. Just $200+. But you have to check the access route to see whether any obstruction or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.