Wireless IP Camera thread

Lao Uncle

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought DCS 5222LB and having trouble setting up?
Trying ipad app, computer, android but none can detect for remote viewing.
Local viewing is possible but need to connect to lan.

Or anyone has DLINK local support number? Try website but they don't have local number.

Lao Uncle

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks geckosg.

Update on the situation, I called up the helpdesk and did all the necessary steps, hard reset, check router etc etc. When my laptop is scanning for the camera, I did the same thing on my ipad as well. Luck has it, ipad managed to detect the camera while laptop can't detect anything.

Give up on laptop, setup remote camera via ipad and get it working on all my mobiles.
No issue with camera. Only disappointed that it can only detect wireless 2G otherwise a good enough product for me to use.

As for why I didn't get Sineoji, Tampines Challenger doesn't have stock so get the next ip camera suited for my usage.

Cheers.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
maybe u may want to manual login to your router and find the ip that connect to your camera...

if you set ur ip to some private (which my bro did), dont think can scan and check for camera ip connection which i use on another brand cam.

and also what type router u using.

bloodwater

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes viewing from my web browser in the office. Dean from sineoji came over and set it up from my home for mobile phones and laptop.

oo. okok. I will attempt to set it up for my relative this sat, hopefully if anything goes wrong, he can help me over the phone.

:o

Does he have a HWZ account and reply in this thread?

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought DCS 5222LB and having trouble setting up?
Trying ipad app, computer, android but none can detect for remote viewing.
Local viewing is possible but need to connect to lan.

Or anyone has DLINK local support number? Try website but they don't have local number.

Look at Post #9 of this thread, which shows how to set up Dynamic DNS for remote viewing using a free DDNS.

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
One of the things I realised with my wireless devices (and I have lots of them) is that you need to reset the wireless device once in a while. Don't ask me why. It is as if the wireless signals somehow fail to sync between the device and the wireless router. You can either reboot the wireless device or reboot the wireless router. For me, I sometimes do both.

P.S. This loss of signal happens to everyone of my wireless cameras, plus my wired Trendnet IP camera.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Agree with boss. Sometimes network devices need a reboot to work. But most of the time is the router. If need reboot too frequently, your router need to change

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Lao uncle, most camera only on 2.4ghz. 5ghz have but more costly. But you will need clear line of sight for smooth bandwidth at 40-80mhz band with no obstructions in between.

BeeFour6922

Reaction score
One of the things I realised with my wireless devices (and I have lots of them) is that you need to reset the wireless device once in a while. Don't ask me why. It is as if the wireless signals somehow fail to sync between the device and the wireless router. You can either reboot the wireless device or reboot the wireless router. For me, I sometimes do both.

P.S. This loss of signal happens to everyone of my wireless cameras, plus my wired Trendnet IP camera.

This is because you did not setup your wireless environment well.

For a wired camera to get disconnection, it can only be the camera's fault.

BeeFour6922

Reaction score
Agree with boss. Sometimes network devices need a reboot to work. But most of the time is the router. If need reboot too frequently, your router need to change

What you are saying is the residential/consumer grade router needs to be replaced by a commercial grade appliance.

BeeFour6922

Reaction score
Which of my statement relates to that? Lolz. Even commercial ones hangs too once a while.

Whatever I have quoted relates to it.

It is often the user hangs the appliance, be it consumer or commercial products.

I run Router OS and Moca network appliances at home, the only time it fails me is the PSU faulty. Other than that, I never need to touch it for years.

What makes the "off the shelves" IP cameras hang is because the user expected too much out of a "toy".

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Nvm, but it till best to restart once a while .

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Whatever I have quoted relates to it.

It is often the user hangs the appliance, be it consumer or commercial products.

I run Router OS and Moca network appliances at home, the only time it fails me is the PSU faulty. Other than that, I never need to touch it for years.

What makes the "off the shelves" IP cameras hang is because the user expected too much out of a "toy".

Urs is hardcore already. Most users can only handle simple power off/on buttons

josephlpw

Reaction score
Sineoji

Strongly recommend to get Sineoji IP Camera. I recently installed 1 camera at my living and later found that it is good. So I got another one for my another room.

What is good is that there is no lag and the image are stable. The app is also easy to use and it is not complicated.

However, what makes me want to drop a note here is not because of the superior camera, but the service standard that bring shame to many other service industry.

Dean, the person whom I deal with is patient and provided top notch sales and after sales service. He is avialable to assist and surely leave us impressed with his professionalism.

I think his boss has employed a gem and he is surely one great reason why I have recommended others to buy Sineoji cameras.

Eviltrap

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow Sineoji owners, do you have an issue where the camera will just go offline?

This occurred last Saturday when I was out. Realized 1 camera showed device offline, and the other was online.

Initially thought my helper plugged out the power, but then, I realized if she had done that, my other camera would be offline too as the offline camera was connected to my wifi extender.

It was only I reached home, then I could resolve it.

A short power off didn't help.

I pulled out the power supply, and let it stayed down for quite some time before plugging it back in.

Then the camera was detected and worked as expected.

Any idea what happened?

Do you have the extension cable that connects to your camera via the power adapter ? the connector could be loose in between. You may want to check that..

Issue solved.
Dean came over to replace the cable which he said was faulty. I think I was contacted by him in a short while after posting this. :s13:

Damn solid after-service!

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
maybe he is the boss???
who ask u to post here...?

Strongly recommend to get Sineoji IP Camera. I recently installed 1 camera at my living and later found that it is good. So I got another one for my another room.

What is good is that there is no lag and the image are stable. The app is also easy to use and it is not complicated.

However, what makes me want to drop a note here is not because of the superior camera, but the service standard that bring shame to many other service industry.

Dean, the person whom I deal with is patient and provided top notch sales and after sales service. He is avialable to assist and surely leave us impressed with his professionalism.

I think his boss has employed a gem and he is surely one great reason why I have recommended others to buy Sineoji cameras.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.