Wireless IP Camera thread

dr12396z

Reaction score
i bought 2 previous 603V from dean in march this year and just installed 1 x 713V ip camera yesterday.
free installation provided by sineoji and excellent service provided.
after fixing up the 713v i decided to change the camera location to another spot and dean obliged patiently. It is hard to find such personalised service nowadays! thumbs up.
the image is clear and wide angle and i would highly recommend the new sineoji camera to those who are keen to get 1.

greymsg69

Reaction score
geckosg, are there anymore reviews that you are doing? I didn't see the kodak pan/tilt camera review. And are you doing the DLINK? I am planning to get another 2 to 3 sets, Samsung's quality and feature are good, but I would like to see the other options first. Will you do review soon?

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
No time leh. Cameras sitting at my home. Haven't unboxed yet. So far I m impressed over Kodak's motion tracking feature (the way the camera tracks motion with boxes) on the fixed camera with subscription. That is really cool.

But honestly, samsung's pan tilt melt my heart with its intelligent tracking.

Yeohahbeng

Reaction score
searching for dean

hi Dean from sineoji, could you please leave your contact number in the private message?
I tried to reply you but cannot send through.

Or if anyone from the forum who has Dean contact number , could you please kindly leave a private message for me?

Thank you.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Can't you google? Call their office if you got their product?

hi Dean from sineoji, could you please leave your contact number in the private message?
I tried to reply you but cannot send through.

Or if anyone from the forum who has Dean contact number , could you please kindly leave a private message for me?

Thank you.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
With the introduction of singtel's home automation solution. Many would be tempted to get this for their home. Perhaps it is also good to explore this topic here as the solution provides IP Camera too.

In fact, similar technology ideal has already emerge on the market in the early 2014 October where chinese manufacturers have been showcasing their solutions in trade shows.

The solution contains a hub to control your electronic devices at home and including your ip cameras. Even back then, some ip cameras already had infra built in to control your tv n aircons by year 2015.

Singtels' solution uses z wave which is a low bandwidth n will not interfere with your other 2.4ghz bandwidth. Read more on the wiki on how it uses sort of mesh with the help of 3rd device to help 2 far away devices communicate with each other.

The mesh idea of z wave is good but i still believe ip cameras will use back 2.4ghz bandwidth as the one used by z wave seems too small for huge data rate transfer.

Another concern is the battery life if sensors are using battery n not directly connected to a power source. As we all know battery have a certain lifespan. Once used up. The device will no longer work. Imagine the hasssle of battery change climbing up n down the windows or top of the door to replace the contact sensor battery. These should always be part of the consideration during purchases. But rest assure that vendors have app that gives you the heads up to change your battery.

What I seriously loved is that z wave will b a standard protocol that will not be tied down by brands. So diff brands can work with each other. We should b expected to see more development in this area as a norm

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got the dlink DCS-2630L, will do a simple review on it later

Last edited:

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
This should be good. It is a 180 degree wide angle. Pls give us live image from the product. I want to see the corner of the lens and make comparison with Wanscam's OEM.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This should be good. It is a 180 degree wide angle. Pls give us live image from the product. I want to see the corner of the lens and make comparison with Wanscam's OEM.

Will start posting tonight

Phumba

Reaction score
Probably putting my head into the firing range here, but just to share, I did my own installation over time, slowly learning bit by bit. And almost dying in the process.

If anyone is interested, I am using;
D'Link DIR 868L on 1Gb Starhub.
DCS 5222L B1 via LAN Cable
DCS 935L via Wifi AC
DCS 2630L via Wifi AC

Access is via MyDlink both android app and PC Windows 7. And Android OWLR App.

If anyone has questions, want pictures, comments, or hopefully some advise, feel free to ask.

Its been good so far, I should add.

ra[g]e

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any ongoing promotions for IP Cameras now? Called Challenger but looks like the Sineoji cameras are at full price now.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.