Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

berrytini

Reaction score
Where's the best place to buy porter bags if I'm staying at Royal Park Yokohama? Is there any big drugstore in the area?

thwysg

Reaction score
Where's the best place to buy porter bags if I'm staying at Royal Park Yokohama? Is there any big drugstore in the area?

KuraChika sells Yoshida x Porter bags. You probably need to head to Yokohama station since majority of the malls are there. There's a Kurachika outlet in Marui City Yokohama and Matsumoto Kiyoshi in Joinus around the station. Or go to Tokyu Hands stores - they sell Porter bags too. Both places can claim tax refund.
http://www.yoshidakaban.com/shopinfo/onlyshop/011.html

berrytini

Reaction score
KuraChika sells Yoshida x Porter bags. You probably need to head to Yokohama station since majority of the malls are there. There's a Kurachika outlet in Marui City Yokohama and Matsumoto Kiyoshi in Joinus around the station. Or go to Tokyu Hands stores - they sell Porter bags too. Both places can claim tax refund.
http://www.yoshidakaban.com/shopinfo/onlyshop/011.html

Is Yokohama station within walking distance from the hotel? Is Maurice city like ion next to the train station like in SG? Matsumoto kiyoshi is the one I wanted to go. Since I only have 1 free day to shop (though staying there for 3 days) I try to plan most of the shopping in the same area plus I read in the other thread that shops close early in autumn. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Should I travel to Tokyo or would Yokohama suffice?

thwysg

Reaction score
Is Yokohama station within walking distance from the hotel? Is Maurice city like ion next to the train station like in SG? Matsumoto kiyoshi is the one I wanted to go. Since I only have 1 free day to shop (though staying there for 3 days) I try to plan most of the shopping in the same area plus I read in the other thread that shops close early in autumn. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Should I travel to Tokyo or would Yokohama suffice?

Opening hours should have no change for malls. Just google and you'll see. Marui City Yokohama is located at the East Gate of Yokohama station. http://pkg.navitime.co.jp/0101/spot/detail?code=0000000012

You need to take a train down from your hotel.

Last edited:

berrytini

Reaction score
Opening hours should have no change for malls. Just google and you'll see. Marui City Yokohama is located at the East Gate of Yokohama station. http://pkg.navitime.co.jp/0101/spot/detail?code=0000000012

You need to take a train down from your hotel.

Oh okay. I did look up the map and the station map which was really confusing hence I've come here to ask for help. It's my first time there btw. I see takashimaya further up from my hotel so I guess train is the way to go. Sorry I thought my hotel is near the station? So I gotta take a train from my hotel to the Yokohama station, right?

thwysg

Reaction score
Oh okay. I did look up the map and the station map which was really confusing hence I've come here to ask for help. It's my first time there btw. I see takashimaya further up from my hotel so I guess train is the way to go. Sorry I thought my hotel is near the station? So I gotta take a train from my hotel to the Yokohama station, right?

Your hotel (Yokohama Royal Park) is located next to a station called Minato-Mirai. Two stations away from Yokohama station. Takashimaya is located next to Yokohama station as well.

berrytini

Reaction score
Your hotel (Yokohama Royal Park) is located next to a station called Minato-Mirai. Two stations away from Yokohama station. Takashimaya is located next to Yokohama station as well.

Oh that's great! Thanks so much. Should I purchase the JR pass if I'm only using it for 1 day? Transport would be provided for the other days I'm there. Is tokyu hands in the vicinity as well?

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh that's great! Thanks so much. Should I purchase the JR pass if I'm only using it for 1 day? Transport would be provided for the other days I'm there. Is tokyu hands in the vicinity as well?
short answer without knowing what u want to do on that 1 day is NO

berrytini

Reaction score
short answer without knowing what u want to do on that 1 day is NO

Shop shop shop!! Matsumoto kiyoshi, Muji, Uniqlo, porter bags and adidas, etc. is porter available in outlet? Will be heading to an outlet in one of the other days. I'm thinking if I should go to Tokyo. Unsure if the traveling time is long.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess you will be in Yokohama all the way?

Porter you will have better luck with their shops or departmental stores

berrytini

Reaction score
I guess you will be in Yokohama all the way?

Porter you will have better luck with their shops or departmental stores

I'll be in Japan for a week but only 3 days in Yokohama with only 1 whole day free for my own shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.