ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

X

Reaction score
I just lost connection 5 mins ago. shows connected but am unable to get online at all.

Totally regretted signing up 3 months back.I believe I've logged more than 10 tickets with them already. Totally unacceptable.

And unfortunately I happen to be served by the amk hub /:

Last edited:

Bright

Banned
Reaction score
Hi what equipment are you given?

I just lost connection 5 mins ago. shows connected but am unable to get online at all.

Totally regretted signing up 3 months back.I believe I've logged more than 10 tickets with them already. Totally unacceptable.

And unfortunately I happen to be served by the amk hub /:

Trans-Am

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how many exchange they have ah? AMK and?

hWLaQ.jpg

softbunlet

Reaction score
Gosh still not up yet, that's 2 days of downtime.
Not to mention the free router from recontract was assigned a non-existent tracking number and despite 2 different enquiries and promises to follow-up I have heard nothing from them.

Customer service is truly down the drain. Don't know if anyone at VQ even cares but I'm just gonna keep ranting. At this point I'm not sure you guys are any better than MR when I left.

ufo8mydog

Reaction score
VQ is a joke. My connection briefly went down at such a busy time and when it's back, I feel like I'm 56kbps.

spectral

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Check with you all if you all will encounter ZERO or super low upload but full speed download (900++ using lan) after a restart of both router and zhone?
My issue quite strange, need to restart both for couple of times den redo speedtest to check dl/ul speed. Once it is stable after a reboot, the speed is quite stable until my next restart.

Currently on 1Gbps plan.
Experience such behavior on my previous AC68U and existing AC88U. So I am kinda think the issue is not router and using all brand new cat6.

SaruwatariShun

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Check with you all if you all will encounter ZERO or super low upload but full speed download (900++ using lan) after a restart of both router and zhone?
My issue quite strange, need to restart both for couple of times den redo speedtest to check dl/ul speed. Once it is stable after a reboot, the speed is quite stable until my next restart.

Currently on 1Gbps plan.
Experience such behavior on my previous AC68U and existing AC88U. So I am kinda think the issue is not router and using all brand new cat6.
Do you get optimum upload speed when plugged directly to the ont?

Sent from LGE LG-H860 using GAGT

cowoth

Reaction score
any experience with this service provider?

www.viewqwest.com

I would like to add my feedback after being a user of ViewQwest for almost 7 years since fiber rolled out in Singapore.

In the beginning (all stories start like that lol), VQ was very good. Speed was excellent and there was hardly any downtime. I also signed up for the Freedom VPN to watch US television with a Roku and it worked flawlessly.

Presently, I feel that the quality has declined as more people have sign up for fiber and I do not feel their infrastructure has kept up.

There is no problem with speed whatsoever as my 1gb plan consistently get 800-900 even during peak hours, so that's a plus point. However, it has the tendency to go down a lot if you are a very active user as it will disconnect at odd times like 10am in the morning or 4pm in the afternoon for no reason for like 5 to 10 mins. This happens like 2-3 times per week. Its not a problem if you are only using for a few hours after work at night because it seldoms happens at night. But if you are using it 24 hours everyday, you will notice this happens quite frequently. Although the downtime is short, its still pretty annoying. In addition, probably like once or twice a month it will crash for longer periods, maybe an hour or two.

VQ does a lot of maintenance. I feel there is higher priority for its business clientele because the downtime is always on weekends. Quite often it will have scheduled downtime on Saturdays or Sundays for 3-4 hours, usually starting at 3am. Again that's ok if you're already asleep but one time I was watching major Dota tournament halfway and they had maintenance that was not scheduled at like 2am. Really pissed and the tech support number was busy for like 2 hours because I think a lot of people called to complain. But the maintenance schedule won't affect people who sleep before 3am no matter the day.

Technical support is very good. Its 24/7 and I have been able to get them 95% of the time excluding the time in the previous paragraph. Sometimes I get angry at them because like all technical support they always ask you to reset stuff and check stuff that you know is not the problem...but on the whole the support is very friendly and efficient. And I feel they always do try hard to solve the problem and they always also have good followup. I was on Starhub before and that was ****, so I do like the support service.

The only reason I selected VQ back then was because they offered Freedom VPN last time. It was a VPN service that allowed you to watch US TV like Netflix or HBO or Crunchyroll etc like you were in the US (or China or UK TV also) through direct tunnel. However, over the past two years they phased out Freedom v1.0 and they forced everyone to go on Freedom version 2.0. This uses DNS proxies and while it allows you to watch certain stuff, a lot of other channels can detect that you are located in Asia, so a lot of channels became unwatchable. Since this is the only provider (I believe) that has this service, if using Apple TV or Roku is your thing, be aware that only a few specific channels that are listed on their website are presently watchable. If you want to watch everything you will need an outside VPN provider because the VQ Freedom 2.0 does not work for everything.

On the whole I feel that VQ still offers good service if you can put up with the shortcomings. I actually came here to check on comments on other providers but since got thread asking about VQ I thought give my 2cts to people thinking about signing up.

Jyunshin

Reaction score
anyone else having low download speeds? i'm on 1Gbps but only getting 550~650 download tonight

deathblade82

Reaction score
i meant download speeds when checked with speedtest.net

currently downloading games from steam and watching some shows but speed seems to be slower than usual

Speedtest results is just roughly a guage only. What matters most is real world download speed.

And which speedtest server did you test ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.