Malaysia prepaid card

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just bought mine about 2 weeks ago. I paid RM10 and was not asked to top up further. The card will come with RM5 stored value. It was quite a good deal as I barely used the RM5 but got 2GB data to use over 3 days + 1GB Sat + 1GB Sun (weekend promo) so total 4GB.

From the KSL Maxis shop? Thanks for the confirmation! I've a friend heading there for a staycation but not able to stop by City Square, so will most probably get it from there. :)

Yup, with a little planning, a new SIM pack like this can give lots of data for a few days' stay.

On your other question, yes, so long as you top up before the end of the grace period, you're safe. But don't just presume; do make an effort to check that the top-up gets through and it shows your new expiry date as well as credit balance. ;)

Don't worry too much about "losing deactive days" since you'll have to top up to reactivate the card whenever you want to use it, anyway. :)

fatfleaz

Reaction score
I have a digi live prepaid that I wish to keep. It is currently in inactive status. How can I extend the validity? Thanks

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a digi live prepaid that I wish to keep. It is currently in inactive status. How can I extend the validity? Thanks

You can do a reload (top up) to reactivate the card, and extend its validity.

Not sure if DiGi Live has credit sharing and if that will help. You might want to check their website for this info if you've a friend with a DiGi account.

Edit: If yours is the DiGi Best prepaid instead, there's another option via the Super Long Life feature. You'll then have the option to extend the validity by 1 day, 30 days, or 365 days. SLL subscription charge will be deducted from your credit balance.

Last edited:

Topaz8

Master Member
Reaction score
saw this new prepaid service call XPAX advert at customs. Anyone, knows what the plans like and whether its worthwhile for prepaid visitors?

Went to 1 shop and asked but that guy say he also don't know must wait for boss to come. KNS!

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
saw this new prepaid service call XPAX advert at customs. Anyone, knows what the plans like and whether its worthwhile for prepaid visitors?

Went to 1 shop and asked but that guy say he also don't know must wait for boss to come. KNS!

Are you referring to XPAX Turbo? Can check the link/website for info.

Damn! Did Celcom come up with yet another new prepaid plan as well? :s13:

Generally, I know XPAX is the name of Celcom's prepaid plan.

I've the first version of Magic SIM, and an older plan XPAX24. I use them for data mainly, as I think the call and text rates are on the higher side, compared to some other prepaids.

Topaz8

Master Member
Reaction score
Are you referring to XPAX Turbo? Can check the link/website for info.

Damn! Did Celcom come up with yet another new prepaid plan as well? :s13:

Generally, I know XPAX is the name of Celcom's prepaid plan.

I've the first version of Magic SIM, and an older plan XPAX24. I use them for data mainly, as I think the call and text rates are on the higher side, compared to some other prepaids.

Thanks for the link. I saw the prepaid Sim promo on the huge pillar when you walk thru the CIQ passage way, not sure if XPAX turbo is part of the svc plan or separate product. My guess is it should have a voice/sms/data package plan to go with it.? :s8:

Xpax seems like there's a weekly/monthly "stay active" fee & got to keep recharging if wanna keep #, maybe good for those who buy & throw Sim visit.

I've been on Tron for a while, looking to see if got a better svc provider + feedback. :D

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I saw the prepaid Sim promo on the huge pillar when you walk thru the CIQ passage way, not sure if XPAX turbo is part of the svc plan or separate product. My guess is it should have a voice/sms/data package plan to go with it.? :s8:

Xpax seems like there's a weekly/monthly "stay active" fee & got to keep recharging if wanna keep #, maybe good for those who buy & throw Sim visit.

I've been on Tron for a while, looking to see if got a better svc provider + feedback. :D

Looks like XPAX Turbo is Celcom's latest prepaid plan, comes with free 10GB Internet Burung Hantu and 500MB Social Chat monthly.

Click on the FAQ to see its call and SMS rates, and also Internet plans.

Can't recall where I've clicked, but it seems to also have 1-day, 1-week, and 1-month reactivation options.

If you're looking for a use-and-throw prepaid SIM, Hotlink Fast is presently the popular choice.

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Looks like XPAX Turbo is Celcom's latest prepaid plan, comes with free 10GB Internet Burung Hantu and 500MB Social Chat monthly.

Click on the FAQ to see its call and SMS rates, and also Internet plans.

Can't recall where I've clicked, but it seems to also have 1-day, 1-week, and 1-month reactivation options.

If you're looking for a use-and-throw prepaid SIM, Hotlink Fast is presently the popular choice.

just wonder is there any prepaid data sim for unlimited data daily for few days for replacement for apartment stay without internet to use it as youtube video streaming etc ?

fatfleaz

Reaction score
digi live. a new card costs a mere rm12. data is currently 300mb per rm1. 90 days grace period.

if you are away from malaysia for more than that, you can reactivate your number before 90 days are up by paying rm1 from your credit balance. your number will then be active for 1 day followed by another 90 days of grace.

why go for mnvo when you can get mno for less?

if currently in grace period, how to pay rm1 to keep the line active?

kitkat2

Reaction score
I'm still a bit wary of letting the number expire (I got a very good to-keep number).

So if I got the card with 5 days validity, and I top up minimum (say RM5) every 52 days with 3 days to spare, that should do it? Anyway I just found out that the Hotlink app actually shows "Termination Date" on it once it goes into deactive status (mine is 8 Nov 2016) so I assume as long as I top up before that, I would be fine. After that, I should have +50 days (around 28 Dec) before needing to top up RM5 again, correct? Then +50 days again (16 Feb '17) before another RM5 topup.

Just wanted to confirm this.

Of course, that is ideal situation. If I do the top up too early, then I lose my deactive days and will need an earlier date for subsequent top up.

to avoid accumulating too much credit, you could alternate the voucher topup with sos topup. the cost is only 50sen.

but remember that hotlinks reactivated this way will not have any data access be it free or paid. sos topup is good when you need to keep it alive while out of malaysia.

Last edited:

xinping

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eh any prepaid card with long validity period? i have a hotlink card, not sure about the name but its 'something 365". valid for a year but only internet, no voice calls.

so im looking for one with long validity loh. thanks ah :D

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eh any prepaid card with long validity period? i have a hotlink card, not sure about the name but its 'something 365". valid for a year but only internet, no voice calls.

so im looking for one with long validity loh. thanks ah :D

Yours should be Hotlink Tablet Plan..

Get OneXOX SIM which immediate RM10 top up after card activation will give you 28 months validity.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yours should be Hotlink Tablet Plan..

Get OneXOX SIM which immediate RM10 top up after card activation will give you 28 months validity.

This RM10 reload promo is going to end this month (just about 7 days left), unless they extended it again. Luckily we've a registered dealer within easy reach here.

Otherwise it's going to be the RM50 reload within 30 days after activation, which is negligible though, if one plans to subscribe to Season Pass. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.