The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nichsong

Reaction score
All hwz bros interested in:

Black Label Craft Clay (1/4 used)
By Vilain Silver fox ltd edt (Brand New)
Miljon 7 wax (Brand New)
Carter Supply Flux (1/4 used)
Black ship by flag ship (less than 1/4 used)
By Vilain Dynamite Clay (1/4 used)
Mr Pomp Moroccan Texture Paste (less than 1/4 used)

Do PM me. I need to get rid of all these. We'll work something (good) out :)

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this thread jin dead

rfBnByc.gif

Minister

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If i have wispy bang right, how do i achieve thick bang like ian hecox.
Is it cause of my genes or cause i everytime go 10 dollar 10minute haircut shop cut??
If next time i go proper salon how tell them ah

fullguard

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone can share with me whats the difference between mm chrome and mm styling balm, other than the matte/shiny finish? is the hold the same?

DeMisE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Want to know whether im using SSS wrongly. Trying to style a modern pomp(? not sure the name)

I'm currently using Baxter clay as main styling product, and its recommended to use SSS due to the oils present inside the clay itself and natural hair oil.

Thing is, using SSS makes my hair flop after a long day. I resorted to pulling out the Blumaan original to use as a prestyler, and it surprisingly holds up better than using a SSS throughout the day with resistance such as wind and whatnot.

I use the same duration of blowdry and combs for both prestyler, but i want use the SSS as prestyler to enjoy the benefit of not having so much oil to deal with.

proproboy

Reaction score
Looking to try a salon other than my usual neighbourhood shops. Currently looking at gataomo after several good reviews. anyone can recommend a stylist from gataomo that can help me decide on a teenage men hairstyle or any other good saloons?

djoker

Reaction score
Looking to try a salon other than my usual neighbourhood shops. Currently looking at gataomo after several good reviews. anyone can recommend a stylist from gataomo that can help me decide on a teenage men hairstyle or any other good saloons?

just go to red panther barber stylist at upper serangoon shopping centre. cheap and good. uncle ali knows his shiz. i always go there. $9 per cut.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Want to know whether im using SSS wrongly. Trying to style a modern pomp(? not sure the name)

I'm currently using Baxter clay as main styling product, and its recommended to use SSS due to the oils present inside the clay itself and natural hair oil.

Thing is, using SSS makes my hair flop after a long day. I resorted to pulling out the Blumaan original to use as a prestyler, and it surprisingly holds up better than using a SSS throughout the day with resistance such as wind and whatnot.

I use the same duration of blowdry and combs for both prestyler, but i want use the SSS as prestyler to enjoy the benefit of not having so much oil to deal with.

blumaan original fixates, SSS does not.

i believe SSS gives you a better pomp

wacks_505

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just trying my luck.

Had a good haircut by a stylist called Ray at Hair Movement @ Jurong East last month, but just found out he has changed job but not sure where.

Anyone has any idea where he has moved to?

Do PM me :) TIA!

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone can share with me whats the difference between mm chrome and mm styling balm, other than the matte/shiny finish? is the hold the same?

chrome tends to be slightly heavier.

but really the difference should only be the finishing

true form

Reaction score
looking for advice!

my hair is thin and probably that's why very stubborn and no volume/shape.

i wanna comb a side comb and comback if long/strong enough product. currently about 2.5"-3"

i used gold digger when hair even shorter for just a normal hold, and spike a bit. it does ok, but for combback i highly doubt possible for me. quite heavy feeling.

i bought Imperial pomade, supposed to pair with OS SSS, nv really used it then gave away lol. just didn't seem to work on my hair, turns out very flat and thin like a sheet stick to the scalp, flat scalp look.

i still have that bottle of OS SSS barely used, it says use on dry hair, but i try damp hair with water then blowdry with SSS, maybe hair just too stubborn/short last time lol, like make it more untidy look.

read a few pages, seems like MM TSB is the (only) way to go? a bit scared to buy actually any product that don't "spike" or volumize my hair.

I actually quite lazy lol, weekdays also don't style/bathe go work liao, but now a bit messy until even i bth, when hair falls front. i have a undercut with barely 3" in at the fringe, top and back.

also what comb you all use, wide? narrow?

how's gonzo super slick?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.