ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

antiochguy

Reaction score

franstam

Reaction score
This evening, I found out that in order for the Freedom VPN to work with your fibre service, the VQ DNS is different.

With all the hype and marketing effort, it is unfortunate that the technical team and sales team have created an impression to existing users not to renew their contract in future. Seems like VQ has lost its game. :(

Thats how freedom vpn works, using a different DNS server setting. is there any concern that you cannot have a different DNS?

She? Didn't know there's females on the NOC team. Not bad.

Sent from LGE LG-H860 using GAGT

:s11::s11:

Hi Maylyn,

I have a ASUS Router question for you. Does VPN L2TP server run on any ASUS Routers? Or perhaps, can I get my RT-AC68U to run VPN L2TP?

I ask because IOS10 has killed PPTP and I now need to look for options.

Thanks
iOS 10 has killed pptp?! LOL ok thats news to me :s22:

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My Asus router shows
ISP's dhcp did not function properly

The Cs can't help at all.

If u using ac1200g+, go download the firmware from website, the router cannot identify new updates.

And when viewqwest started giving ac1200g+ on their bundles, the router had defects, they did not test the router before giving it to their customers and i suffer for 2-3 months until asus release new firmware update.

The issue is occasion crashes, speed cap <300mbps and cannot identify dhcp which means no internet connection through router.
These issues make me unable to use my internet properly obviously.

Last edited:

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
And the CSO keep delay the issue, don't want fix or change another model of router for me, and never compensate me. When i waited 2 months till the firmware release and update then it was fixed. I of course am upset.

They said they don't understand why i am upset and they are happy for me that the issue is resolved. CAN you believe it?

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I asked them how can they deploy router with these kind of obvious problems to their customer, no basic testing procedure done?

Every router of that model had the same problem and they are bundling it.

Another issue, the defect was also identified very early by technicians because when i signed up my router was automatically upgrade to the ac1200g+ due to shortage of the other router they used to provide, i thought they would take action and halt the internet bundle package that comes with the ac1200g+, but they did not. Meaning they know the router got problem but still give you guys.

CSO ignored me and stopped replying to my email.

AC2

Reaction score
I think VQ main concern is that their zhone or netlink router works. any additional router(Asus in this case) doesn't matter much to them cos as long as the output from their zhone/netlink router give the correct speed, they are already fulfilling their contract terms. The ASUS AC1200 in this case is like a free gift from their bundle, they don't require the ASUS AC1200 to work to provide u with the advertised speed. Just like the Samsung TV they had in their bundle a few years back(at additional fee ofc) they had in the past. if you have issue with the TV, u look for Samsung to repair or rectify.

SpaceMonkey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do not know what is happening but my internet connection has been going bonka since this morning 9am.

The technician onsite came to my place 2 days ago - he solved the the issue.

Today, this is happening.

It's been almost 2 months now and different issues arise every week.

Anyone can help??

Ghostrider333

Reaction score
I do not know what is happening but my internet connection has been going bonka since this morning 9am.

The technician onsite came to my place 2 days ago - he solved the the issue.

Today, this is happening.

It's been almost 2 months now and different issues arise every week.

Anyone can help??

Video cannot even load..

SaruwatariShun

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
VQ already stated clearly they don't guarantee support for third party routers except their zhone. They can only support basic troubleshooting for the asus routers out of goodwill. If you really want full support, contact avertek.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think VQ main concern is that their zhone or netlink router works. any additional router(Asus in this case) doesn't matter much to them cos as long as the output from their zhone/netlink router give the correct speed, they are already fulfilling their contract terms. The ASUS AC1200 in this case is like a free gift from their bundle, they don't require the ASUS AC1200 to work to provide u with the advertised speed. Just like the Samsung TV they had in their bundle a few years back(at additional fee ofc) they had in the past. if you have issue with the TV, u look for Samsung to repair or rectify.
On the contrary i think they only support asus models they provide with their bundles e.g. AC88U.

SpaceMonkey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
VQ already stated clearly they don't guarantee support for third party routers except their zhone. They can only support basic troubleshooting for the asus routers out of goodwill. If you really want full support, contact avertek.

The service subscribed comes with the router. Hence, I would presume that they would have done their test with the product before launching their campaign to users/consumers.

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The service subscribed comes with the router. Hence, I would presume that they would have done their test with the product before launching their campaign to users/consumers.

Exactly this, it is ridiculous not to test a router with your own network before giving it to your customers because most people want to sign an all in one package, so we don't need to find a router that is compatible with the network.

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I cannot help but to mention this again, if you are using the ASUS AC1200G+ BUNDLED BY VIEWQWEST, you need to download and upgrade to the latest firmware from asus webpage ASAP.

It will fix most of your DHCP/CRASH/REBOOT/SPEED Issues, i was an early victim.

Viewqwest did not change my router, they forced me to upgrade to a better router if i want a working internet, i declined the offer because it's ridiculous, then they delayed my issue till the firmware fix was release.

Around two months before the firmware fix was issued, they already found out that the router is very buggy and can reach close to unusable state which is what i faced, but they still continue to deploy them to their customers. Very unacceptable and unethical.

SpaceMonkey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what firmware version is your Asus on? Which model?

ASUS RT88, firmware 3.0.0.4.380_3941

i am sure this is not a firmware issue. this symptom takes place when the backend never configures the IP correctly hence the issue.

1st aug - using external DNS (both internet and tunein not working)

2nd aug - using external DNS for

24 sept - unable to use internet. DNS and WAN IP fail to capture

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1) It is already the latest firmware download and upgrade from ASUS.

2) The onsite technician came to my place 2 days ago and he verified its factory firmware.

3) Did the usual remove of power plug on both items (router and modem)

4) Onsite technician verified that it's the setting issue at backend

5) 2 days later which is today, same thing happening again.

Hence, this is not a firmware issue.

I cannot help but to mention this again, if you are using the ASUS AC1200G+ BUNDLED BY VIEWQWEST, you need to download and upgrade to the latest firmware from asus webpage ASAP.

It will fix most of your DHCP/CRASH/REBOOT/SPEED Issues, i was an early victim.

Viewqwest did not change my router, they forced me to upgrade to a better router if i want a working internet, i declined the offer because it's ridiculous, then they delayed my issue till the firmware fix was release.

Around two months before the firmware fix was issued, they already found out that the router is very buggy and can reach close to unusable state which is what i faced, but they still continue to deploy them to their customers. Very unacceptable and unethical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.