Singtel self-install?

silentkiller988

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm planning to inherit a Singtel Fibre plan from a friend. However Singtel says I'll need to pay $90 for installation at my house.

I'm pretty IT savvy so I thought why not I install it on my own instead, if its just configuration of DNS and stuff which I can easily extract from my friend's current setup.

Does anyone know whether this is possible? Or die die have to let Singtel earn this $$$....:s11:

TIA guys!

symbiote28

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm planning to inherit a Singtel Fibre plan from a friend. However Singtel says I'll need to pay $90 for installation at my house.

I'm pretty IT savvy so I thought why not I install it on my own instead, if its just configuration of DNS and stuff which I can easily extract from my friend's current setup.

Does anyone know whether this is possible? Or die die have to let Singtel earn this $$$....:s11:

TIA guys!

there's nothing to be configured for fibre. all are just physical setup and checking for light source at your ftp point to ensure it's working well.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Beside singtel back end still need configure another IP address to your HDB and they have make sure your fibre port is not been use by other ISP b4 that.

PS why did u post this on game forum instead of internet and networking forum :s22:

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score

TIA guys!
think better for the technician to come down & make sure everything is setup properly.

i recalled that the engineer setup and did tests to show me that the connection was working properly.

ska13a

Reaction score
fibre is not plug and play

so that answer it
even certain thing might be simple, you have no visibility unless you are their technician.

so many selling fibre transfer but they think its so simple

silentkiller988

Reaction score
Thanks @symbiote28 @swgj86 @ska13a!! :)

Conclusion: Fibre is complicated so boh pien have to call Singtel people to come.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.