(VERY BAD NEWS😈)FF15 1ST HALF OPEN WORLD,2ND HALF LINEAR SIAO LIAO RAH

God Of Pcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should starting linear cos we need some guidance on starting off. Ending part non linear cos we need to explore end game and finish up at our own pacing.

FFxiii did badly cos the linear parts are way too linear. As good as telling us to walk a straight line.
Agree,i really love ff13 battle theme,gameplay,ost,graphics but the linear and no towns ,kill the game

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
so they were trying to blindside everyone by showing that open world game play before players realise the rest is actually linear?

shouldn't it be the opposite? start with linear, then get vehicle or airship becomes open?

mocax

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
if want to have story then have to be linear... arbo have to write infinite number of endings write until kisiao.... :(

One Month Notice

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wa, witcher 3 alr super big

need to ride the stupiak horse around

moi play until giddy :s22:

u can read from here

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/09/01/final-fantasy-xv-map-size-potentially-revealed-its-roughly-an-enormous-780-square-miles/

with layer map.comparison

Paper_Dragon

Reaction score
Open world is so overrated... Even in Witcher 3 the story pacing not really there.

That said, everyone thought FFXV will have extremely big open world gameplay so not surprising many people will feel disappointed.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
It seems there's a confusion here. OPEN WORLD and LINEAR are NOT OPPOSITES!

Open world refers to a region/location/country that is mapped out, modeled and you can roam freely. On this mapped world there are events/quests/activities that take place at various spots all over the map. The opposite would be a game where the world is unmapped, you are brought from one story event to the next narrative, the location where these events occur are not fully mapped out for free roaming.

Some of these events/quests that happen on the map are story events/main missions. By definition, story events happen chronologically. In other words, they are 'linear'. Of course, that doesn't have to be the case, the story could have branching storyline and multiple endings, where events may or may not happen depending on what you do or not do. Whether a story is linear or non-linear has nothing to do with whether the game is open world or not. A game taking place on an unmapped/non-open world can still have non-linear branching storyline (see any Telltale game) and vice versa.

Back to FF15, wasn't it said that they have a mapped open world that's bigger than Witcher 3? So they mapped out this huge world and only 1/5 of the story takes place on this huge world while the other 4/5 takes place somewhere else in an unmapped world? Honestly that doesn't make any sense. I can understand if the final boss fight (or events leading to that fight) takes place in an island somewhere else that's not mapped, maybe that's 10% of the story. It's impossible that 80% of the story happens somewhere unmapped when they have already created this huge mapped world. (Again, don't confuse linear/branching story with mapped/unmapped world.) Even if a story event happens that changes the mapped world (like a dragon destroying many cities on the map, so the pre- and post-disaster worlds are quite different), it would still be a mapped open world (see Dragon's Dogma). It's just quite impossible that the bulk of the story doesn't take place on the open world.

Ok, assuming really only 1/5 of the story events takes place on this huge world, erm, so what? If the mapped world is so huge (bigger than Witcher 3) and there are tons of fun/interesting activities for you to do, isn't that enough? Or do you want to wait another 3 years for them to map out the other 4/5 and populate it with endless activities before you can play it? Personally I would only complain if this huge world is so barren and empty that all you do is boringly traverse from one location to another looking for the next story event. If that's the case, thank god they didn't map out the other 4/5!

I can see many ways for this game to suck, being linear is not one of them.

AikiBoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
feeling tell me this game will fail. no as bad as ff13.. still don't look promising enough.

I pre ordered the normal edition. hack care those dlc.
they release the playarts toy from ff15 before the game is out?
maybe they know this game will fail, so quickly release the toys before it dies.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
feeling tell me this game will fail. no as bad as ff13.. still don't look promising enough.

I pre ordered the normal edition. hack care those dlc.
they release the playarts toy from ff15 before the game is out?
maybe they know this game will fail, so quickly release the toys before it dies.

linear then have to depend on how good the story is. if it is like ff7 to ff10 then its not that bad but if its like ff13 then epic fail.

Lavitz_4044

Banned
Reaction score
the more i look at the trailer, the more i feel sianz about it, like getting more n more mainstream this open world concept rubbish,

i will take FFIX cartoonish graphics anytime with good story n game play.

dun think i gonna PO or a day 1 buy for me,

instead, next year tales of berseria, nier automata, yakuza 0 looks even more appealing to me.

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FF games are always linear actually.....they only gave you a sense of open world but not really.....FF12 is the only one that is quite open world while FF13 when opposite and closed it off completely.

A mixture of semi-open + closed world is fine by me.

I however, cannot stand the emo-style jpop boyband characters in FF15 though. I remember a time where the characters in my FF are either strong heroes with tortured past (Cecil, Locke, Sabin, Butz, Zidane) or strong heroine that overcame their predicaments (Terra, Garnet). It seems FF7 and 8 introduced the emo characters that influenced the current modern FF to have super emo-characters.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FF games are always linear actually.....they only gave you a sense of open world but not really.....FF12 is the only one that is quite open world while FF13 when opposite and closed it off completely.

A mixture of semi-open + closed world is fine by me.

I however, cannot stand the emo-style jpop boyband characters in FF15 though. I remember a time where the characters in my FF are either strong heroes with tortured past (Cecil, Locke, Sabin, Butz, Zidane) or strong heroine that overcame their predicaments (Terra, Garnet). It seems FF7 and 8 introduced the emo characters that influenced the current modern FF to have super emo-characters.

i like tidus and squall. hope ff15 story is good.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.