Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris888222

Reaction score
Need advice: which place in Tokyo can I get watches (eg seiko chronograph?)

Also price wise, is it cheaper or about the same as SG. Anything to look out for?

Thanks!

chainer22

Reaction score

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you are there on public transport you can use the bus services in Kawaguchiko as stated on the web page's access section

"Main site:north side of Lake Kawaguchi, Momiji corridor (Kawaguchiko Bijutukan road)"

this is the place where the festival's MAIN area is. Guess u can think of this as a pasar malam with koyo and cool (or cold) mountain air.

chainer22

Reaction score
if you are there on public transport you can use the bus services in Kawaguchiko as stated on the web page's access section

"Main site:north side of Lake Kawaguchi, Momiji corridor (Kawaguchiko Bijutukan road)"

this is the place where the festival's MAIN area is. Guess u can think of this as a pasar malam with koyo and cool (or cold) mountain air.

hi bro, thanks for the clarification. i like the idea of pasar malam with koyo and cold air :s13:

What about getting to kawaguchiko itself? Which bus services is recommended?

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went before last year.
Not so much to see, It is just a canal with koyo on both sides

The Pasar Malam also nothing much. :(:(
Overall disappointing, maybe i expect too much. simply a bit waste of time for me to go.

chainer22

Reaction score
I went before last year.

Overall disappointing, maybe i expect too much. simply a bit waste of time for me to go.

Ah :(

how did you get there? by bus or train?

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went before last year.

bro, given your travel history of Japan. I am not that surprised. I chanced upon the battledore fair in Asakusa a couple years back, it wasn't spectacular but I had a seriously good time and I had been there too many times to count, though I mostly navigate just the main areas.

you will have to take a train to the kawaguchiko train station and then take bus. Given what I have experienced before, unless you are like in the area for the night, this event is going to feel lacklustre

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

From Tokyo to Kawaguchiko by train. Within Kawaguchiko all is bus. You can get their bus pass got 1 or 2 days one. Then unlimited usage of bus.

Around the koyo area got

河口湖 by Liwei, on Flickr

河口湖 by Liwei, on Flickr

河口湖 by Liwei, on Flickr

Their pasar malam not what you think. Not like those Taiwan or even singapore one. Simple and small. Many handiwork type. If you are in Japan around December, you can go Kobe Luminarie that event their Yatai very massive many food

chainer22

Reaction score
From Tokyo to Kawaguchiko by train. Within Kawaguchiko all is bus. You can get their bus pass got 1 or 2 days one. Then unlimited usage of bus.

Around the koyo area got

河口湖 by Liwei, on Flickr

河口湖 by Liwei, on Flickr

河口湖 by Liwei, on Flickr

Their pasar malam not what you think. Not like those Taiwan or even singapore one. Simple and small. Many handiwork type. If you are in Japan around December, you can go Kobe Luminarie that event their Yatai very massive many food

Thanks for sharing bro!

i must say that looks kinda....sad. ah i will probably still head there for the koyo :D hope the autumn foliage will be nice when i visit the place in first week of November

stjoe1

Reaction score
first time to Japan this Nov, like to ask the following:

- 3 yrs old toddler (coming to 4 yrs old in Dec) needs to use SUICA card? if no need, when entering the train gate, we have to carry kid?

- power socket in Japan is different with SG, hotel usually has what kind of power socket? need to bring power plug adapter?

beanstalk6

Reaction score
first time to Japan this Nov, like to ask the following:

- 3 yrs old toddler (coming to 4 yrs old in Dec) needs to use SUICA card? if no need, when entering the train gate, we have to carry kid?
No need. Carry kid.

- power socket in Japan is different with SG, hotel usually has what kind of power socket? need to bring power plug adapter?

http://www.power-plugs-sockets.com/japan/

Spintronics

Reaction score
Talking about pasar malam, has anyone been to the flea markets in Tokyo? I came across one by accident at Yoyogi but they are mostly selling antiques. I thought there's one for second hand stuffs as shown in youtube but can't seem to find.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try looking on Tokyo cheapo. They ran an article on flea markets when they are held and where

luvenergy

Reaction score
I will be visiting Nikko for 1 day 1 night.may I know which Nikko pass should I get?2 days Nikko pass or all days niko pass?

ninjakeet

Reaction score
from Haneda to Shibuya

Hi, I will be arriving in Haneda Airport at 4.05PM on 26th Oct (Wednesday) and was wondering if I should take the train (will it be peak period on trains at this time?), or is the bus a better option? Thanks!

ninjakeet

Reaction score
Also, I am wondering if bringing food through customs is allowed. Not fresh meats or vegs, but for example: processed food tightsealed in cans or jars, or vacuum packed

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will be visiting Nikko for 1 day 1 night.may I know which Nikko pass should I get?2 days Nikko pass or all days niko pass?

You can decide by looking at their coverage area and mode of transport vs your itinerary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.