Malaysia prepaid card

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This RM10 reload promo is going to end this month (just about 7 days left), unless they extended it again. Luckily we've a registered dealer within easy reach here.

Otherwise it's going to be the RM50 reload within 30 days after activation, which is negligible though, if one plans to subscribe to Season Pass. :)

For better deal, can consider to top up RM100 st8 and get 8GB season pass..:s13:

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For better deal, can consider to top up RM100 st8 and get 8GB season pass..:s13:

With the capability of being able to share out my Season Pass, that may well be a reality once my friend gets his OneXOX card and I'm more or less done with my housekeeping. Still quite a bit left from my Happy Hours so far. ;)

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got to try out the Tron app at last! :s12:

For a foreign prepaid SIM that doesn't provide auto roaming, the app really comes in useful for quick management from our mobile devices. :)

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Tron update on 365 DAYS VALIDITY - BEST

> minimum reload of RM10 is before GST or after GST?
> If i purchase RM10 reload voucher, will i get extend 365 days?

Pertaining to your query, you may reload any amount to get 365 days validity.

> What do you mean by any amount? even rm5 ?
> it is not stated on the website.

Yes, even RM5 you will get validity 365 days. But, normally 7-11 or petrol station will sell RM10 minimum of reload.

If you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact Tron Helpline at 011 2012 0180/ 0181/ 0182/ 0183 (9.00am to 6.00pm, Monday to Sunday), email to cs@tron.com.my or log on to our website http://www.tron.com.my for more information. We are glad to assist you.
Thank You & Have a Nice Day

Best Regards,

Majid
Customer Service Executive
Email: cs@tron.com.my

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oooo...

I topped up for hotlink and rm5 is available. Did not expect tron not to have rm5 option...

From the first page of prepaid cards, RM5 min for Hotlink, Celcom, Digi, U Mobile, Merchantrade, Tune Talk, and XOX. Only Tron is RM10 min. ;)

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need some guidance from the gurus here. I'm planning to get a hotlink FAST in KL next weekend and just use the free data.

The next time i'll need to use the sim will probably be in Feb next year. My questions are:

1. Will the sim card would have become inactive by then?
2. Can I do a top up before my trip next year to make the sim active again?
3. If so, is it recommended that I buy a top-up card in advance when I get the starter pack next week? Or should I just do an online top-up (epay?)?

TIA

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need some guidance from the gurus here. I'm planning to get a hotlink FAST in KL next weekend and just use the free data.

The next time i'll need to use the sim will probably be in Feb next year. My questions are:

3. If so, is it recommended that I buy a top-up card in advance when I get the starter pack next week? Or should I just do an online top-up (epay?)?

TIA

"Yes" for all your questions.

Basically Hotlink FAST Plan gives you a 5-day active period upon activation with an additional 50-day credit grace period, a top up is needed to make the SIM active again.

For for details, you can refer to their FAQs at the bottom of the provided link. :)

http://www.hotlink.com.my/en/plans/fast.html

LobsterX

Reaction score

Valid for 5 days. next 50day will be inactive. can receive sms, cannot make calls or sms. 51th day card will deactivate and cannot be salvaged.

topup on the 49thday. 5/10rm will suffice.

I just topped mine up this morning[my 49th inactive period] with 5rm. so my card is now valid till 3oct. 4th oct is day one of inactive period. so 22nov is my 49th day of inactive period which i need to top up again.

buy topup card in advance. or can go 7-11/guardian and ask them to print out a 5rm topup receipt. remember to snap a photo of the receipt, in case the ink fades....

online topup works too. but i think got surcharge.

TIA

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

TIA

It depends on what you're more comfortable with.

For me, I'd buy the top-up card since I'm already at the shop buying the SIM pack, then just use it when I need to, instead of having to go online with my credit card later.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OneXOX RM10 Reload 28-Month Validity Promo

Today is supposedly the last day of the promo, but I read somewhere that it's been extended to December. :s12:

Anyone interested and needing confirmation can contact the OneXOX dealer who can be found in the Travel Bazaar.

qianhan91

Reaction score
Just to share, i subscribed Singtel 1GB monthly $10 for Malaysia data usage. The speed is not bad. Connect to digi or maxis. Good for day or short trip to Malaysia.

kitkat2

Reaction score
JtLm3n7.jpg

found out on my recent trip that kk 24-hour marts now carry digi prepaid cards. sold at official retail price. the best version should cost rm8.00.

also, digi is giving 1gb free data when you install and use their app for the first time. a copycat of hotlink.

http://community.digi.com.my/t5/Wel...ay-and-enjoy-1GB-FREE-Internet/m-p/17098#M463

Last edited:

Uchitoru

Reaction score
hi guys, any prepaid to recco for my needs?

travel at least twice per month to jb on weekend and main purpose is to use data over there, not a heavy data user btw.

thxs a million :s12::s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.