samsung pay

kchinbeng

Reaction score
It's free to use, but initial purchase of the sin card charges apply..

Otherwise, it's free and it has no extra top up charges if you do it at counter, ATM, or GTM.
What I mean is monthly bill do I need to pay extra for the Nfc simcard function. Or just a one time payment for the sim card only? Please advise. Thanks.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
as stated earlier it's a once off cost for the NFC sim card.

Sent from Samsung SM-N930F using GAGT

What I mean is monthly bill do I need to pay extra for the Nfc simcard function. Or just a one time payment for the sim card only? Please advise. Thanks.

yeah.. tkdboi is right, its an one-off payment only..

i have been using since note 5, only note 5 has been giving me error messages but note 7 is good. perhaps only 1 in 100 unsuccessful transaction thus far..

ClarkKent

Reaction score
yeah.. tkdboi is right, its an one-off payment only..

i have been using since note 5, only note 5 has been giving me error messages but note 7 is good. perhaps only 1 in 100 unsuccessful transaction thus far..
hey renfred, you have been using the nfc sim for ezlink bus/train rides everyday? how fast is the detection of the card reader compared to a usual card? any errors so far?

very tempted to change my sim card but want to make sure it's a wise move.....

Sent from Note7 using GAGT

nuscape

Reaction score
Very fast, similar speed like traditional card. I'm using Note 7 and can use it while the screen is off as well, no need to press power or home button. Very convenient i must say.

hey renfred, you have been using the nfc sim for ezlink bus/train rides everyday? how fast is the detection of the card reader compared to a usual card? any errors so far?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

the detection speed is the same as using a regular ezlink card. also just to add on, nfc ezlink card does work even if your phone is turned off, but if your battery is totally flat then it will not work.

in order for a turned off phone to work, the nfc feature must be turned on first before shutting down.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I'm using 7 Edge as a spare phone with no SIM card inserted, does Samsung Pay still work at the terminals?

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

i'm afraid it might not work.

Everytime you launch samsung pay app, it will pre-generate a certain number of tokens for use in situation when there is no data reception. However, the tokens are limited and its not advisable to set up samsung pay on a device without a sim card or data access.

Kennyting

Reaction score
Wonder if anyone have this problem, I bought a samsung backpack cover , and found out that the NEC didn't work. Call the Samsung they told me could be due to the cover too thick. So I have to take out the cover if it don't work......
I really don't know what to said....

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is a backpack cover sia... battery pack case Huh?

Wonder if anyone have this problem, I bought a samsung backpack cover , and found out that the NEC didn't work. Call the Samsung they told me could be due to the cover too thick. So I have to take out the cover if it don't work......

toshm200

Reaction score
---speechless-----

Aicirt

Reaction score
Is that backpack cover wireless charging case ? Did u try using front screen to pay ?

Kennyting

Reaction score
Is that backpack cover wireless charging case ? Did u try using front screen to pay ?

The NFC is at the back of the phone.
Yes I did Also, it doesn't work.
Reason why I buy this is because I need extra battery, and I don't like to filp opening my case to tap when travelling. This is the best solution I think the best for me....but end up it dont work...and it cost me $138 for the case.

ClarkKent

Reaction score
the detection speed is the same as using a regular ezlink card. also just to add on, nfc ezlink card does work even if your phone is turned off, but if your battery is totally flat then it will not work.

in order for a turned off phone to work, the nfc feature must be turned on first before shutting down.
hmm. got my nfc sim yesterday.

i tried powering down the phone and the mrt gantry couldn't detect it. other than that everything is fine!

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm. got my nfc sim yesterday.

i tried powering down the phone and the mrt gantry couldn't detect it. other than that everything is fine!

have you turned on nfc already before you turn off?

the nfc will only work when your phone is completely powered down, while it will not work immediately after the samsung logo disappears as the phone requires a few seconds to completely shut down.

i have tested it and it works fine on mrt and on bus, so does another friend of mine who did the same at the same time with me.. :D:D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.