Question about Malacca

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Bro,
I tried Grab there. Drivers are incredibly friendly and they get off the car and help with my luggage. I'm impressed.
Definitely a must if you move about in Melaka. Very affordable and good experience for me.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for sharing! :)

confusedboi

Reaction score
Has anyone travelled solo to malacca and stayed overnight before?
Going solo, just planning to destress and chillout while checking out the sight seeing areas.

Will be driving in tomorrow around noon-1pm plan to reach around 4pm to check-in.
IF no traffic jam and chiong along nsh can reach ? normally will cruise about 130km/h-140, max can only reach 160km/h plus. ( Car top speed only 167km/h >_>

I booked a room at hatten melaka. Heard the sky bar has a nice view to watch the sunset all that.

tjiax1

Reaction score
the best location for hotel in malacca is hatten hotel near shopping mall and 15 min walk to jonker walk.

buswhiz

Reaction score
yes, best hotel is Hatten hotel, but there is feedback that due to high turnover for this hotel, some of the rooms is not properly maintained

ipadxcell

Master Member
Reaction score
yes, best hotel is Hatten hotel, but there is feedback that due to high turnover for this hotel, some of the rooms is not properly maintained

Second that. Stayed there twice and had toilet leaking problem. Not a really big one though. Just that the toilet will be flooded after shower. And it stays flooded until they clean the room the next day. Other than that, everything was pretty OK.

tjiax1

Reaction score
Hatten hotel prime location smartly chosen by hatten group. Next investment for them is Hatten City (big shopping mall with two hotel on top of it, theme park, small convention hall and country house with own pier like sentosa cove for sale at the same area)

kuehteow

Reaction score
I stayed eco tree hotel previously. Good location! And cheap too. Thought breakfast was really bad.

Sta there a couple of time. I think it is quite nice as well. I like the sky bar at the roof top. Got live band singing the last time i went there during the weekend. The nonya restaurant beside the hotel is also quite nice.

kuehteow

Reaction score
Second that. Stayed there twice and had toilet leaking problem. Not a really big one though. Just that the toilet will be flooded after shower. And it stays flooded until they clean the room the next day. Other than that, everything was pretty OK.

The hotel is nice. But the breakfast time is like a war zone due to the high occupancy rate. The lift is also another issue as you might need to wait for quite long as it is shared among the hotel and the mall itself. There are no dedicated lift to the hotel room floor.

bjory

Reaction score
Any recommendation for private transport charter to Malacca?
Need at least 7 seaters.

tjiax1

Reaction score
A good 20-min walk to Hatten and Equatorial, but can stroll to the Portuguese Settlement. :D

If they provide free bus ride to and from Hatten hotel to Hatten city from hotel guest, that will be good. But weekend, the road there always jam one.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If they provide free bus ride to and from Hatten hotel to Hatten city from hotel guest, that will be good. But weekend, the road there always jam one.

I'd try to extend my stay over the weekend into Tuesday at least, to savor the quieter atmosphere. ;)

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'd try to extend my stay over the weekend into Tuesday at least, to savor the quieter atmosphere. ;)

yes you should. plenty of nice food to try in melaka.

u may also consider spending a night in muar. ie check out on monday, and drive to muar and spend a night there. can eat bak kut teh for lunch, dinner (glutton street), breakfast(hawker center), hotel check out and eat cze char lunch. drive back to jb for dinner then to sg.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

u may also consider spending a night in muar. ie check out on monday, and drive to muar and spend a night there. can eat bak kut teh for lunch, dinner (glutton street), breakfast(hawker center), hotel check out and eat cze char lunch. drive back to jb for dinner then to sg.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't drive so I don't have that luxury. I get my BKT fix from a joint in Melaka itself, the owner learned the trade from someone in Klang and also travels there weekly for his supplies. :D

My suggestion's actually meant for tjiax1. My typical trip to Melaka is to arrive Thursday, latest Friday, then leave preferably on Tuesday earliest or Monday if I've to. Some people may think Melaka boring if stayed "too long", but I love the place and enjoy moving around there. :)

When I'm lazy, my meals are easily fixed by strolling to the makan places around Casa del Rio Hotel/Residences. ;)

kuehteow

Reaction score

Never actually step into Muar. Is there anything fascinating stuffs in the town beside their famous otah??

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't drive so I don't have that luxury. I get my BKT fix from a joint in Melaka itself, the owner learned the trade from someone in Klang and also travels there weekly for his supplies. :D

My suggestion's actually meant for tjiax1. My typical trip to Melaka is to arrive Thursday, latest Friday, then leave preferably on Tuesday earliest or Monday if I've to. Some people may think Melaka boring if stayed "too long", but I love the place and enjoy moving around there. :)

When I'm lazy, my meals are easily fixed by strolling to the makan places around Casa del Rio Hotel/Residences. ;)

yup, can fix your bkt cravings in melaka. quite reasonable and taste is good too.

i think its a good suggestion to spend a few days in melaka and enjoy the food. better still if you drive and know where the locals usually go for lunch and dinner. can also consider doing a movie marathon at palawan mall, go karting, play golf, chill out along some pub at night, massage...

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never actually step into Muar. Is there anything fascinating stuffs in the town beside their famous otah??

ok, there are quite a few bak kut teh stalls, but i will only eat at 2 of them... apart from that, i also like the otak (real chunks of fish, prawns, sotong), pig organ soup, assam fish, fried flat fish (leng chi her i dunno the english name), ikan bakar.... if u want to know where, i will have to look at the map and give u the gps coords for these places... cannot rem the names of these restorans and stalls...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.