~Porter Japan Official Thread~

Wheihk

Reaction score
i received tax refund on the spot in Shinjuku outlet. should be the same with other outlets?

Wheihk

Reaction score
kwGUFQp.jpg

Taken from the label of my head porter bag.

There's a head porter label inside the bags from head porter. I guess this is the difference?

I think it's not call "Japan Porter" bah.
Headporter
Yoshida Porter
Porter International

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 2 using GAGT

Wheihk

Reaction score
I think porter Japan used to outsource production in Taiwan. But later on they decided to split so there are two brands of bags - porter Tokyo which is made in Japan and porter international which is made in Taiwan.

Very confusing. Iirc the original Porter is Yoshida, then International is from Taiwan sort of a copy of Yoshida. And Head is like a collab with Yoshida?

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think porter Japan used to outsource production in Taiwan. But later on they decided to split so there are two brands of bags - porter Tokyo which is made in Japan and porter international which is made in Taiwan.
It's Taiwan that counterfeited Yoshida Porter
Yoshida porter never outsourced production to Taiwan

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Taiwan Porter International is take designs from Yoshida Porter and then use their own materials to make. So u will see a lot of similar designs but different material/color. In my view though, its not as nice nor quality as the one can get in Japan.

Sent from Sony SGP621 using GAGT

Vulpix

Reaction score
I having trouble finding the Taiwan store that had Head Porter stuff, does anyone having the address or listing? Last time go there before, but now google like cannot find. :(

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone visited the Japan kura chika porter store? Any difference from the head porter? Or is head porter more premium than yoshida kaban/ kura chika? Thnx!

I visited the Omotesando and Marunouchi outlets before. Most of the stuffs sold there, u can find on the head porter website as well as tokyu hands in japan.

Actually i don't know what is the diff between Head and Yoshida Porter. the porter bags i bought in Tokyu Hands are as good as any bag my money can buy so i am not so particular about the exact branding.

Wheihk

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know the difference between the Japan kura chika store and head porter? Or is head porter a more premium version of yoshida kaban /kura chika? Thx,

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

headporter bags got "headporter" label inside the bags...... :s13: but the labels outside the bags are the same.

I think the two companies got some different designs. can refer to their websites to compare.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.