Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I will be arriving in Haneda Airport at 4.05PM on 26th Oct (Wednesday) and was wondering if I should take the train (will it be peak period on trains at this time?), or is the bus a better option? Thanks!
Bus would be better if you are adverse to crowd. But bus maybe less puncture as in reaching your destination.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also, I am wondering if bringing food through customs is allowed. Not fresh meats or vegs, but for example: processed food tightsealed in cans or jars, or vacuum packed

Check here. Seems beef and eggs can bring from Japan! Didn't know that before :)
http://www.ava.gov.sg/explore-by-sections/food/bringing-food-into-singapore-and-exporting/bringing-food-for-personal-use

Last edited:

chainer22

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with this Nikko pass before?
http://tobutoptours.com/en/2day-nikko-pass.html

I am thinking of online reservation but i see the date stated as "From when"? is it some translation error? should i key in as per the actual date of travel?

Or should i just purchase on the spot for more flexibility to schedule?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will be visiting Nikko for 1 day 1 night.may I know which Nikko pass should I get?2 days Nikko pass or all days niko pass?

if u are just going to the world heritage temples in nikko, then 2-day nikko pass is sufficient. but if u are also going to lake chuzenji, then u need the all-nikko pass to cover the buses to and ard the lake

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with this Nikko pass before?
http://tobutoptours.com/en/2day-nikko-pass.html

I am thinking of online reservation but i see the date stated as "From when"? is it some translation error? should i key in as per the actual date of travel?

Or should i just purchase on the spot for more flexibility to schedule?

u can purchase from asakusa station or at keisei counter at narita airport

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it is not specific train slot based, so should not have a problem getting it on the day you go to Nikko itself.

I am under the impression that only the tobu-line operated stations would sell them though. Check on the site again to make sure

Jayion315

Reaction score
Hi,
My sister going Tokyo with the kids + my parents for 8days start 5Dec. I wonder where is the best place for ski.And she plan to Mt Fuji also, you think good to go for ski at Mt Fuji instead but I googled and its seem quite expensive.Any better ideals ?

Regards,
Jayion

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
8 days with skiing?

Nagano. Hakuba has good slopes and is not that far away from Tokyo prefecture so you can still get to Mt Fuji for a visit without breaking your pocket

ninjakeet

Reaction score
I am wondering if bringing food from Singapore through Japan customs is allowed. Not fresh meats or vegs, but for example: processed food tightsealed in cans or jars, or vacuum packed

Loveless_80

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
is my plans for my upcoming tokyo trip alright?

welcome any suggestions :)

Itinerary for Tokyo Trip

Touch Down Narita @ 1420h
Make way to Shinjuku via Limited Express Narita Express

Day 1 (Fri)@ Shinjuku
Day 2 (Sat)@ Harajuku, Shibuya, Akihabara
Day 3 (Sun) @ Kamakura (using Enoshima Kamakura Free Pass)
Day 4 (Mon) @ Tsukiji Fish Market, Asakusa, Tokyo Skytree and maybe Odaiba
Day 5 (Tue) @ Disneyland
Day 6 (Wed) @ Nikko (using all nikko pass)
Day 7 (Thur) @ Hakone (using 3D2N hakone pass) check in @ kansuiro ryokan before making way to Gotemba Premium Outlets
Day 8 (Fri) @ Hakone
Day 9 (Sat) Home sweet home

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
is my plans for my upcoming tokyo trip alright?

welcome any suggestions :)

Itinerary for Tokyo Trip

Touch Down Narita @ 1420h
Make way to Shinjuku via Limited Express Narita Express

Day 1 (Fri)@ Shinjuku
Day 2 (Sat)@ Harajuku, Shibuya, Akihabara
Day 3 (Sun) @ Kamakura (using Enoshima Kamakura Free Pass)
Day 4 (Mon) @ Tsukiji Fish Market, Asakusa, Tokyo Skytree and maybe Odaiba
Day 5 (Tue) @ Disneyland
Day 6 (Wed) @ Nikko (using all nikko pass)
Day 7 (Thur) @ Hakone (using 3D2N hakone pass) check in @ kansuiro ryokan before making way to Gotemba Premium Outlets
Day 8 (Fri) @ Hakone
Day 9 (Sat) Home sweet home

day 2 may be a bit packed. harajuku+shibuya can take u the whole day. and u may want to swap day 2 and 3. coz harajuku and akiba is more happening on sundays.

the sequence for day 4 not very optimal. coz it is a short walk from tsukiji to shiodome for the yurikamome line to odaiba. but of coz u can take the water ferry from asakusa to odaiba if going by ur sequence.

overall, if this is ur first time to tokyo, i would suggest spending more time there. maybe drop one of the day trips, nikko or kamakura, so that u have more time in tokyo.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
day 2 may be a bit packed. harajuku+shibuya can take u the whole day. and u may want to swap day 2 and 3. coz harajuku and akiba is more happening on sundays.

My friends who've been to Tokyo many times told me that I can do Harajuku in 30 minutes tops. They say nothing there one leh, it's just a short street. But they say Akihabara for me will probably take at least half a day.

Now I see your advice about harajuku and shibuya can take whole day.

So... means what? How long does one usually stay in harajuku? :s11: I actually planned both harajuku and akihabara in a day...

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
depends on what you like

Shibuya has more general shopping. It has a slightly similar vibe to Harajuku but is not targeted at xmm... :s13:

Harajuku is clothing and fashion stuff for mainly xmm. There is also interesting clothing for say punk/goth and cosplay shops. That place is pretty interesting to navigate, I just wandered around and that took like close to 2 hours? I am a guy though and there wasn't much cosplayers that day even though it was the weekend. Maybe it was too cold or there is another event elsewhere and everyone went there instead

Akihabara on the other hand can mean 3 hours at least unless you are after specific things. Even then, I can look around in yodobashi for discounts on items I want. Hit an arcade, then go have a coffee and that can be like almost 3-4 hrs.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
depends on what you like

Shibuya has more general shopping. It has a slightly similar vibe to Harajuku but is not targeted at xmm... :s13:

Harajuku is clothing and fashion stuff for mainly xmm. There is also interesting clothing for say punk/goth and cosplay shops. That place is pretty interesting to navigate, I just wandered around and that took like close to 2 hours? I am a guy though and there wasn't much cosplayers that day even though it was the weekend. Maybe it was too cold or there is another event elsewhere and everyone went there instead

Akihabara on the other hand can mean 3 hours at least unless you are after specific things. Even then, I can look around in yodobashi for discounts on items I want. Hit an arcade, then go have a coffee and that can be like almost 3-4 hrs.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

I'm totally not into shopping when I go overseas, so I guess my friends were right about me spending much less time at Harajuku, and more time at Akihabara. I'm not an otaku (at least I think I'm not :eek: ), but personally I feel the shops at Akihabara seems more interesting (at least from Google images).

Thanks again, for your insights and experience... I feel more reassured about my itinerary now. =:p

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My friends who've been to Tokyo many times told me that I can do Harajuku in 30 minutes tops. They say nothing there one leh, it's just a short street. But they say Akihabara for me will probably take at least half a day.

Now I see your advice about harajuku and shibuya can take whole day.

So... means what? How long does one usually stay in harajuku? :s11: I actually planned both harajuku and akihabara in a day...

if going harajuku, usually it means meiji shrine, yoyogi park, takesh!ta dori and omotesando. tt will probably take a least half a day. if ur fren is referring to just takesh!ta-dori then maybe 30min is enuf if he dun intend to shop and not stopping for crepes, really just walk through. but if really just going to walk thru, then i suggest skipping the whole place.

harajuku and akiba in a day is doable.. half a day for each place

thwysg

Reaction score
if going harajuku, usually it means meiji shrine, yoyogi park, takesh!ta dori and omotesando. tt will probably take a least half a day. if ur fren is referring to just takesh!ta-dori then maybe 30min is enuf if he dun intend to shop and not stopping for crepes, really just walk through. but if really just going to walk thru, then i suggest skipping the whole place.

harajuku and akiba in a day is doable.. half a day for each place

Also depends if you're visiting the garden within Meiji Jingu or just the main shrine. I could spend one whole day in Harajuku and Omotesando, not into fashion shopping but visiting the small stores in the back alleys and lots of zakka stores around Omotesando, farmers' market and 246common (which has been renamed as Commune246). Need to check if there's a flea market in Yoyogi Park on the Sunday you're visiting.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also depends if you're visiting the garden within Meiji Jingu or just the main shrine. I could spend one whole day in Harajuku and Omotesando, not into fashion shopping but visiting the small stores in the back alleys and lots of zakka stores around Omotesando, farmers' market and 246common (which has been renamed as Commune246). Need to check if there's a flea market in Yoyogi Park on the Sunday you're visiting.

yup, agree... really depends on wat u want to see there.
i am not into fashion and shopping also. so for me i went meiji shrine, hang ard to observe some wedding, then went to takesh1ta-dori. didnt visit any of the fashion stores, just went daiso and went to to grab some harajuku crepes. i didnt go into those branded stores in omotesando. but there are some nice cafes ard tt area if u are into hipster cafes. in total, spent abt 3/4 day at harajuku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.