[Official] Xbox One Club

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had a XBox 360 Arcade since 2009 but it went bonkers recently and could not be repaired. Thus, I got a second-hand XBox 360 instead and it is beginning to show signs of bonkers after 3 months of usage. (The old console is the predecessor of my Arcade)

I am waiting for XBox One S 500GB to be released in Singapore. Now XBox One is getting cheaper and I happened to come across one console that is priced at $349 with one free copy of Gears of War 4 on the XBox Singapore website.

KaeBlade

Reaction score
Hi Xbox gamers!

I'm Karl, one of the admins for the newly rebooted Xbox Singapore Community. We're currently working on connecting our fractured Xbox playerbase here in Singapore back together again. We've got Microsoft Singapore's support and the group is gradually growing again.

We're extending an invitation to all of you here to take a look if we're doing right by you as fellow members of the community. If you like what we're doing, by all means, come and join us. We already have regular game nights running, swag giveaways, occasional local coop parties, and even a BBQ meet up happening in December.

Please look for us on Facebook and on Xbox Live Clubs with the name "Xbox Singapore Community".

Hope to see you all soon!

Best regards,
Karl
gt: KaeBlade

MasterChief86

Reaction score
I'm on XBO

I'm on XBO and was an avid destiny player until last year when they made me repurchase the whole game again. stupid bungie

kNiGhTseVen

Reaction score
If the rumoured XBOX Scorpio in 2017 really obliterates Playstation in raw performance, I would gladly return to the XBOX fold :s12:.

I've always preferred the XBOX controller and say what you like, XBOX Live is the superior online gaming experience. Pressing A to confirm, X to return is definitely more intuitive to me than O to confirm and X to return.

I owned XBOX and XBOX 360. Was looking forward to XBOX One until MS screwed up. Instead of giving fans a dedicated gaming machine, they tried to shove an all-in-one entertainment device down our throats. Who cares about using XBOX to watch TV, cable? Kinect?

Just produce the console with the most powerful CPU and GPU, and I'm back in the Green camp!

I had both XB and PS. Got to say XB is a lot better in terms of entertainment. If you are solely into pure gaming, SONY might be a better choice for you ;) But wouldn't say gaming in XB is bad cos they are not bad actually :)

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Console gaming in Singapore is generally lifeless. That's the truth :s13: Many bought their console just to play games with AI :s22:

I think I am one of them. Hahaha... Online needs to purchase wan, right? So no point... If wants online gaming, I will use my PC for FREE multiplayer experience.

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought an Xbox One S from the US yet? It is Black Friday yesterday.

I am contemplating on buying it from the US's Microsoft website. Free shipping. 500GB of Xbox One S is just US$249 (S$355) with Battlefield 1 included and one additional free game.

Question: The AC power cord may be different, right? So I need an adapter to connect the power cord to the power socket? :s11:

Just need to confirm on this before ordering.

hyperx_76

Reaction score
I think I am one of them. Hahaha... Online needs to purchase wan, right? So no point... If wants online gaming, I will use my PC for FREE multiplayer experience.
if like that then might as well just play on PC since xbox got what exclusive? Halo 5?

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought an Xbox One S from the US yet? It is Black Friday yesterday.

I am contemplating on buying it from the US's Microsoft website. Free shipping. 500GB of Xbox One S is just US$249 (S$355) with Battlefield 1 included and one additional free game.

Question: The AC power cord may be different, right? So I need an adapter to connect the power cord to the power socket? :s11:

Just need to confirm on this before ordering.
Xbox One S itself has the power circuit integrated into the console itself (unlike previous Xboxes that require external power brick). It is 100-240V so it works in SG.

Amazon product page, including reviews, is usually a good source of information. There you can find that Amazon ships it directly to SG. If Amazon ships, that means the voltage is no issue. On Amazon product pages, can scroll down to "Customer Questions & Answers" section, there are many questions answered (by other customers and, in this case, Xbox One Team as well). Voltage is a very common question and it is confirmed dual voltage.

Voltage aside, different country uses different wall socket (UK 3-pin like ours, US 2 flat pins, EU 2 round pins etc.), so of cos power cord is different. Xbox One S power cord is external, detachable. You can buy a different one with SG 3-pin plug locally if you want. Otherwise just buy a $1-$2 adapter, problem solved. When buying overseas, always check voltage, but the power plug itself is never an issue.

wholesales-universal-travel-adapter-au-us-eu-to-uk-adapter-converter-3-pin-ac-power-plug-adaptor-connector-1507-5829564-1-product.jpg

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Xbox One S itself has the power circuit integrated into the console itself (unlike previous Xboxes that require external power brick). It is 100-240V so it works in SG.

Amazon product page, including reviews, is usually a good source of information. There you can find that Amazon ships it directly to SG. If Amazon ships, that means the voltage is no issue. On Amazon product pages, can scroll down to "Customer Questions & Answers" section, there are many questions answered (by other customers and, in this case, Xbox One Team as well). Voltage is a very common question and it is confirmed dual voltage.

Voltage aside, different country uses different wall socket (UK 3-pin like ours, US 2 flat pins, EU 2 round pins etc.), so of cos power cord is different. Xbox One S power cord is external, detachable. You can buy a different one with SG 3-pin plug locally if you want. Otherwise just buy a $1-$2 adapter, problem solved. When buying overseas, always check voltage, but the power plug itself is never an issue.

wholesales-universal-travel-adapter-au-us-eu-to-uk-adapter-converter-3-pin-ac-power-plug-adaptor-connector-1507-5829564-1-product.jpg

Thanks for the help. :)

Spectre007

Master Member
Reaction score
sadly, amazon does not ship xbox one consoles and accessories to SG anymore. gotta use a freight forwarder like vpost and ezbuy.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
sadly, amazon does not ship xbox one consoles and accessories to SG anymore. gotta use a freight forwarder like vpost and ezbuy.
I think some models/bundles can still ship. Didn't check Amazon US but here's one I just tried on Amazon UK:

TlHY6uO.jpg

Price shown on product page is £234.99 but when checking out they remove VAT and it drops to £195.83. There is estimated GST of £15.87.

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No wonder I could not complete the online transaction and thought my shipping address was wrong. :(

Damn! That is not cool at all!

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think some models/bundles can still ship. Didn't check Amazon US but here's one I just tried on Amazon UK:

TlHY6uO.jpg

Price shown on product page is £234.99 but when checking out they remove VAT and it drops to £195.83. There is estimated GST of £15.87.

So if it is converted to Singapore dollars? Is it more worth it to buy from Amazon UK? I even tried AmazonGlobal and the end result is still the same. No shipping of game console to Singapore.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
So if it is converted to Singapore dollars? Is it more worth it to buy from Amazon UK? I even tried AmazonGlobal and the end result is still the same. No shipping of game console to Singapore.
Google "242.54 gbp to sgd" shows "432.24 Singapore Dollar". I don't know the local price so don't know worth it or not, considering that importing means no warranty.

kNiGhTseVen

Reaction score

Might as well just get a PC to play games :s13: What's the point getting a console to play AI? We are not living in the SEGA and Nintendo era, are we? :D

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Might as well just get a PC to play games :s13: What's the point getting a console to play AI? We are not living in the SEGA and Nintendo era, are we? :D

Hahaha...

But I still prefer to play Forza Horizon 3 and other racing games with a controller on a large LED TV. And I like the Gears of War franchise which is quite good on Xbox 360/One. Hehehe...

bt0904

Reaction score
Where can I buy just the Kinect Sensor for XBOX One?

Most places doesn't seem to have it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.