Mi official store opened at suntec

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I rushed over after work with much excitement and expectations, but left with disappointment...

There are some unexpected products on display; for eg Mi-tv, Mi blood pressure monitor, Mi ricecooker, Mi laptop. BUT they are not for sale... :mad:

Then IMO some of the products are overpriced. Eg the miband2 was on sale for $49.90. HUH??? Isn't the retail price rmb149. Even HK is just selling hkd199, and lucky i am going there later this month. So i decided I shall get it in HK instead. The 20" luggage selling at rmb299, I think it was around $100 in the store if I can remember correctly. The concept of the Mi products are supposed be value for money, but it seems like not to me when it reached our shores...

Then the knowledge of the staff. As I was looking at the Miband2 deciding if I should get it, another customer was asking the staff if it has pulse function. The staff totally has no idea and was running back to counter to check. Kaypo me interrupted and told that customer it has. Not just that. I asked if Redmi Note 4 will be for sale soon or any timeline? They totally clueless. Is the blood pressure monitor for sale soon? No idea too. I wont blame the staff for the lack of knowledge as most of them look very young and I am guessing they could be just temp staff. Its the responsibilities of the company to equip them appropriate knowledge training.

Black_

Reaction score
I rushed over after work with much excitement and expectations, but left with disappointment...

There are some unexpected products on display; for eg Mi-tv, Mi blood pressure monitor, Mi ricecooker, Mi laptop. BUT they are not for sale... :mad:

Then IMO some of the products are overpriced. Eg the miband2 was on sale for $49.90. HUH??? Isn't the retail price rmb149. Even HK is just selling hkd199, and lucky i am going there later this month. So i decided I shall get it in HK instead. The 20" luggage selling at rmb299, I think it was around $100 in the store if I can remember correctly. The concept of the Mi products are supposed be value for money, but it seems like not to me when it reached our shores...

Then the knowledge of the staff. As I was looking at the Miband2 deciding if I should get it, another customer was asking the staff if it has pulse function. The staff totally has no idea and was running back to counter to check. Kaypo me interrupted and told that customer it has. Not just that. I asked if Redmi Note 4 will be for sale soon or any timeline? They totally clueless. Is the blood pressure monitor for sale soon? No idea too. I wont blame the staff for the lack of knowledge as most of them look very young and I am guessing they could be just temp staff. Its the responsibilities of the company to equip them appropriate knowledge training.
Welcome to Singapore RETAIL scene, a place where u will find over priced products, underpaid & ill equipped/informed staffs.

BTW its a partnership with ECS, a distributor, thus not run by Mi themselves directly.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was shocked the luggage so "expensive" because it's selling point is supposed to be value for money. But $100 for 20"...
Some may say the price comes with local warranty so it's worth, but I got my Redmi Note 2 Prime from adix last year, no problem at all so I don't see need for the extra warranty yet. I have bad feel this Mi Home won't sustain long with its overpriced and old products...

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 2 using GAGT

Bobby Goh

Reaction score
I was shocked the luggage so "expensive" because it's selling point is supposed to be value for money. But $100 for 20"...
Some may say the price comes with local warranty so it's worth, but I got my Redmi Note 2 Prime from adix last year, no problem at all so I don't see need for the extra warranty yet. I have bad feel this Mi Home won't sustain long with its overpriced and old products...

Then just buy export set lor.. if they start selling without warranty, noobs will just bang table when phone got problem and they were quoted $$ to service the phone because people like you say they should sell without warranty..

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
either way can't make everyone happy.
open/don't open, sell/don't sell, cheaper but export, expensive with local warranty. :s22:

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am not saying warranty is not important, because I had my fair purchases from Mi Singapore since start so I do see it can be quite good to have. So I won't be arguing on this, because any mature pax should have in mind function of the warranty. It be quite a loser if one expects the world, cheapest and the local warranty all together.

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Mod's take on warranty is this - it is convenient but not one that anyone wants to invoke and use. Good to have knowing that should one encounter issues, the process is much simpler and usually fuss free.

For the more online savvy shoppers like you and I, buying an export set has its perks and possibly cost savings - but the product can be a white elephant or a pain to rma should Murphy's law come into the equation.

Mod's nexus 5 is an example of pains of RMA-ing when tech goes wrong.

Shop possibly has overheads and rentals. So compared to an online based shop or site, it definitely may cost more - but hopefully not too much is added on top of the cost making it not worth while.

Last edited:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Singapore RETAIL scene, a place where u will find over priced products, underpaid & ill equipped/informed staffs.

BTW its a partnership with ECS, a distributor, thus not run by Mi themselves directly.

Phone model is over price too. Especially like Mi Max and Mi5. China has drop price ( Mi Max drop rmb 200, Mi5 drop rmb 300). But Singapore stock remain as original price. So if you get a 32G Mi5, you can buy 128G version at around same price

Power bank too. 10,000mA slim @$48+. You can get same product from Qoo or Sim Lim around $32 before discount.

I guess this place is good for tourist.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mod's take on warranty is this - it is convenient but not one that anyone wants to invoke and use. Good to have knowing that should one encounter issues, the process is much simpler and usually fuss free.

For the more online savvy shoppers like you and I, buying an export set has its perks and possibly cost savings - but the product can be a white elephant or a pain to rma should Murphy's law come into the equation.

Mod's nexus 5 is an example of pains of RMA-ing when tech goes wrong.

Shop possibly has overheads and rentals. So compared to an online based shop or site, it definitely may cost more - but hopefully not too much is added on top of the cost making it not worth while.

Went to Xiaomi Home in Shanghai few months back. Their price is exactly the same as web and those non Xiaomi shop in IT mall. That's make sense to purchase from Xiaomi vs any other place.

Yes, warranty is one concern as long as price is not too much different. For example. Mi5 is rmb1599 in China which is S$330. Here is selling almost $200 more. So if you need 2 or more Mi5. It make sense to buy 1 more set to cover your warranty! Or spare phone!

Last edited:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol showroom arh

They do sell products there. Just that many of them is not for sales. Problem is they do not know if there is plan to sell them in near future. So it looks like 30% of space is wasted for product that do not have answer.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.