The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wathen

Reaction score
If water alone can easily wash out means the product got no hold already. Because in our humid climate a high percentage of air is water.

Is your "shampoo contributing to hair loss" theory medical fact or just something you thought up of? Hair too long/improper shampooing technique/hair drying technique will contribute to hair loss also.

Also you can try washing your hair with conditioner instead of shampoo to remove build-up. Not an expert-GX&DT don't flame me- but there is literature to support this. I've used this method on days when my hair doesn't feel too dirty and find that it works. I think i read before its got to do with the conditioner's oils emulsifying the oils on your head.

Perhaps start by cutting your hair short so you don't need to rely on heavy hold styling products or any at all for that matter.

Best yet, consult a medical professional.

No cleaning your hair properly-due to build up of products dirty etc will lead to hair loss.

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

Yeah, all my life I have been using shampoo to wash out the product in my hair everyday. In fact I have been shampooing everyday with or without product in my hair. But I've done some research and they say that shampoo removes the excess sebum in your hair and the good oils as well. So now I want to tone down to washing with water everyday but only shampoo every 3 days. So far so good, I feel like I have been dropping lesser hair. Also can't be everyday there's so much sebum on your hair you need to shampoo it off right?

Thanks for your friendly advice! :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, all my life I have been using shampoo to wash out the product in my hair everyday. In fact I have been shampooing everyday with or without product in my hair. But I've done some research and they say that shampoo removes the excess sebum in your hair and the good oils as well. So now I want to tone down to washing with water everyday but only shampoo every 3 days. So far so good, I feel like I have been dropping lesser hair. Also can't be everyday there's so much sebum on your hair you need to shampoo it off right?

Thanks for your friendly advice! :)

means you use the wrong shampoo la.

why you shampoo your hair? first reason, cleansing, smells better, clean away all the dirt, oil and grime. clean away any products you use in your hair.

singapore is hot and humid, your entire head is gonna stink because why, sweat, dust and dirt. especially if you wake up in the morning or after a long day.

so how? choose a product that is used to fight against hair loss. how you find such a shampoo, consult a professional to help you with this issue.

if not, research and try different shampoo.

it's a must to shampoo everyday cause we ain't girls, we perspire alot alot more.

maybe you can don't shampoo in the morning but pls do after a long day, especially if you use products in your hair.

u want satki product, can try morris motley cleansing oil, not sure if it works but it works like a shampoo but not exactly one.

but still, consult a professional on your issue before it gets too late.

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No cleaning your hair properly-due to build up of products dirty etc will lead to hair loss.
Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

rfBnByc.gif

Mogan23

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No la, at teck whye shopping centre the Malay barber.

That time I kenna a barber I never see before :(, the usual one damn pro

Which barber you go to bro? Those young chaps with very little experience riding on the pompadour/slickback/combover craze that charge above $25 and spend an hour or so crafting that "perfect dapper gentleman" look? Over the past few years, so many of such 'barbershops' have sprouted around the island hahaha.

djoker

Reaction score
No la, at teck whye shopping centre the Malay barber.

That time I kenna a barber I never see before :(, the usual one damn pro

Oh then if there's any scant consolation, its that monetary damage to your wallet is minimised la. Imagine you go to those new hipster wannabe barbershops that have sprouted out like 3-4 years ago who hire young chaps who wanna Get into this craze of dapper gentlemen. Pay $30 to kenna hair damage. Hair pain and wallet pain sia.

Mogan23

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

BLACKTDiamond

Reaction score

why you shampoo your hair? first reason, cleansing, smells better, clean away all the dirt, oil and grime. clean away any products you use in your hair.

singapore is hot and humid, your entire head is gonna stink because why, sweat, dust and dirt. especially if you wake up in the morning or after a long day.

so how? choose a product that is used to fight against hair loss. how you find such a shampoo, consult a professional to help you with this issue.

it's a must to shampoo everyday cause we ain't girls, we perspire alot alot more.

maybe you can don't shampoo in the morning but pls do after a long day, especially if you use products in your hair.

u want satki product, can try morris motley cleansing oil, not sure if it works but it works like a shampoo but not exactly one.

There are some brands of shampoo after using, the hair tends to get oily pretty fast. having said that , if don't shampoo in the morning , the hair gets oily after a few hours.

BLACKTDiamond

Reaction score
By the way , have you guys notice hawker stall owner who prepares the food don't use anything to cover up their hair? their hair are expose the whole day to the steam and oil etc etc.... have you wondered if their hair ever drops into your food which you ordered??

BLACKTDiamond

Reaction score

i need to check whats the kind of suitable shampoo for a hair that gets oily after prolong period in the open??? any recommendations?

fullguard

Master Member
Reaction score
never tried pomade before. if i want to achieve a hairstyle like Adam Lallana's, would pomade be more suitable?

rollanddie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

crunsik

Reaction score
gold digger hold > all HDF products

but also harder to wash off due to the strength

What's ur preferred choice on the shampoo to wash off GD? That's my worry when I read up on GD. N all these discussion on hair loss making me think twice abt GD

fullguard

Master Member
Reaction score
had my haircut two days ago. hair roughly 2~3 inches now. find that gold digger is working much better for my hair now as compared to when it was 4~5 inches. but i just bought mm styling balm...maybe alternate between the two

SaltyLeaves

Reaction score
Has anybody tried both baxters and daimon barbers clay pomade? How do they stack up in terms of endurance throughout the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.