Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanabfit

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, apologies for the trouble as im new to the aircon purchase.

I would like to buy a energy saver aircon for 3 bedrooms as my current system is gonna break down soon, anyone has recommendations?

I would prefer

1. 5 ticks or maximum energy saving
2. 3 units and 1 compressor

I wana visit gaincity to have a look see but was hoping to hear from fellow members here before making a trip down :o

ipaq4444

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does any know know if the new 5 tick starmex allow remote control of the left right vent for the aircon?

ilubchiu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Coz they having promo w Fujitsu right?

dunno leh. he keep promoting fujitsu. say until very good. free upgrades, and 3 year warranty.

then i went gaincity, the promoter say fujitsu very lousy. so im trying to find out whether ornot fujitsu is good loh.

NeonX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will be getting a new place soon, see all of you here talking about daikin smile series, seems like a pretty good investment to make.

Saw a few pages back about having 2 compressors/installing 2 systems. I was wondering for a 5 room flat, should i do the 5 + 1 system or a 3+1 and a 2+1 system.

recommendations and guides much appreciated
Btw any recommendation of shops/places to go purchase are greatly appreciated too. Usually buy from Gian city, but i think their salesman not very trustworthy haha

cheongking888

Reaction score
I plan to do the same config 9+9+9+24 with A4UQ30GFA0 but i can hardly find any local and recent (past 2 years) review for LG Art Cool Did you proceed with the setup? Reviews please?

Yes I installed 9+9+9+12 with A4UQ30GFA0 but the FCUs are not Art cool type since first week of Sept 2016.

One thing you have to be careful is the size of ACU if your house does not have aircon ledge and the accessed window is small.As the ACU is about 65kg and huge,just make sure that the bracket is not too small and that the horizontal level does not tilt too much.

Currently I am monitoring the electrical usage. For accuracy, I usually take the average of two months. 2 FCUs run 24/7. Other 2 run about 5 hours daily.

4 aircon turned on simultaneously are able to achieve the desired temperature at 20 to 21°C.

Noise wise both FCU and ACU are super quiet. Maybe they are new.

Maintenance wise FCU filter is easy to clean but not the blower which is kind of difficult to clean without dismantling.

What else you want to know?

Oh yes, during installation you better supervise the aircon men. Discuss the position of the FCUs and the running of trucking and discharge pipes. Listen to their explanation and if it doesn't sound logic insist on your plan. They will try to reuse the old holes, old pipes if possible.

Also make sure that the materials used are the ones that you paid for.

ilubchiu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which daikin model is most people using here ah? so many models to choose from sia. headache

DenOOO

Reaction score
Daikin System 4 suddenly start to blow normal temperature air, not cold/warm.

tried to find the error code via remote control and got H6.

H6. Malfunction of position detection sensor.
Problem. Faulty contact of comp cable, defect of comp or outdoor pcb.

Warranty for compressor ended may 2016.

any solutions?

DarthGW

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will be getting a sys 3 (3 rooms)+ sys 1 (living + kitchen open concept)
and also install a ceiling fan to circulate the cold air in the living rm + kitchen since the partition wall between kitchen and living rm will be hacked away
is this ok? (circled in red = aircon position, circled in green = ceiling fan)
since i am getting MHI, is there a 18k or 22k btu model? what should i get?
aircon.jpg

Last edited:

popdod

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
I will recommend you 3/4 inch class 1 amaflex. 1/2 inch will last you 3yrs at most and will get mould. Please be "amaflex", not some unknown no brand. 2 reasons
- Too thin, get condensation and in turn get mouldy
- Disintegrate and you get black scrap of insulator, no more insulation
My minimal standard would be 1/2 inch class 1 for insulator in trunking. Expose insulator should be at least 3/4 inch thick.

Prevent leakage or choke, did you ask for 20mm piping? Be reminded the corner pipping should be at least 23mm wide PVC.

For the 22G copper pipe, the thickness is 0.7mm thick or it engrave on the pipe itself.

In short - avoid material which is made in China

Just to summarise your points, so for aircon specs....best to have:

• 3/4 inch thick Class 1 Amaflex for expose insulator
• 1/2 inch thick Class 1 for trunking
• 20mm piping, corner piping 23mm diameter
• 0.7mm thick for 22G copper pipe

Anything else to add?

i'm gonna ask for quotations for system 3 aircon.

:o :) :o

baringlee

Reaction score
hi guys, i have this problem with my sys 2 aircon where if i only turn on the aircon in my room, the aircon is quite cold but when my bro turns on his aircon in his room at the same time, then the aircon in my room is not as cold as before even though i try to lower by 5 degrees to 18 degree (lowest)

my room has the toilet where the technicians routed the drainage pipe into it in the past. and my room has this long trunking at the top where to routes to my brothers room, when they installed the armaflex tube at the long trunking, i noticed the tube wasnt long enough to stretch all the way so there was like 3cm gap in the middle where the copper piping was exposed so i asked the technician would this be a problem and he replied no.

my specs are Mistubshi heavy industies SRK25ZMA-S (2 units), compresser is SCM45ZJ-S.

what do u think the problem is?
will they charge me if i call them down to find out what is the problem?

terumo

Reaction score
To DenOOO,

Most likely inverter compressor or control PCB faulty.

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To DenOOO,

If $400 for the whole outdoor unit including labour, its a very very good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.