Sony Android TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I got the same TV model as yours but the 55 inch one. Read that some wireless keyboards are't compatible with sony TV (maybe that was in the past), but now i will get the logitech one too since it works with yours.

I ever PM Sony on their FB and ask about the compatible wireless keyboard which i can use..They gave me 3 brands after checking..Logitech, Microsoft and one more brand which i've forgotten(Nt cheap but nice)..

I'm using Logitech K400plus for my x8500d

Last edited:

sharang

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies :)

Have another question which has been bugging me. Since i have the x8500d android tv, do i need to get an android tv box in order to get iptv streaming service? Or is it possible to subscribe to those iptv streaming service by just installing the apk file on the sony android tv?

The reason I'm asking is cos I installed other apk files directly on the TV (such as Terrarium TV app) but have a lot of problems with the control cos it's meant for touch screen use on the phone or tablet.

pclow59

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies :)

Have another question which has been bugging me. Since i have the x8500d android tv, do i need to get an android tv box in order to get iptv streaming service? Or is it possible to subscribe to those iptv streaming service by just installing the apk file on the sony android tv?

The reason I'm asking is cos I installed other apk files directly on the TV (such as Terrarium TV app) but have a lot of problems with the control cos it's meant for touch screen use on the phone or tablet.

I have installed apk for MKTV, HD Kan(hdkan.com) and a sport channels one, all running well without getting any extra device.

miyamiya

Reaction score
Hi anyone here has the 55W800C model? If so, what's your experience with it?

I'm still deciding between this or the 55X8500D. I'm leaning towards just Full HD TV with 4 HDMI inputs and seems like 55W800C is the last FHD Sony TV model that meets my requirement.

The Android TV is not an issue to me since I have a Nvidia Shield TV for my Android needs.

Any thoughts on the upscaling from standard definition and DVDs? I still have many such sources. I'm sure Blurays are fine and I don't care for 4K video.

sharang

Reaction score
I have installed apk for MKTV, HD Kan(hdkan.com) and a sport channels one, all running well without getting any extra device.

Which sports channel apk did u install? I tried wss 1.8 apk (for sports) but have issue with navigating thru the app. Same navigation issue with terrarium tv (for movies).

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi anyone here has the 55W800C model? If so, what's your experience with it?

I'm still deciding between this or the 55X8500D. I'm leaning towards just Full HD TV with 4 HDMI inputs and seems like 55W800C is the last FHD Sony TV model that meets my requirement.

The Android TV is not an issue to me since I have a Nvidia Shield TV for my Android needs.

Any thoughts on the upscaling from standard definition and DVDs? I still have many such sources. I'm sure Blurays are fine and I don't care for 4K video.

X8500D is 4K HDR TV whereas W800C is Full HD Android TV.
How to choose, simple just consider what type of source you are playing.
If you don't have 4K contents than just get W800C will do.

Anyway to fully benefit 4K TV, you need native 4K contents but not those upscale. Upscale quality depends on the source, I have no idea how SD or DVD when upscale to 4K how the image quality is.

miyamiya

Reaction score
X8500D is 4K HDR TV whereas W800C is Full HD Android TV.
How to choose, simple just consider what type of source you are playing.
If you don't have 4K contents than just get W800C will do.

Anyway to fully benefit 4K TV, you need native 4K contents but not those upscale. Upscale quality depends on the source, I have no idea how SD or DVD when upscale to 4K how the image quality is.

Thanks. I have also did my research and came to conclusion that I don't need 4K TV. But would like to know if anyone has experience with upscaling of standard content to 1080p on this tv.

senser

Reaction score
i finally got the 65X85D..delivered in 2 days, $4200 all in from BD , used a foldable arm wall mount, and got FOC not so good rapoo wireless keyboard, but squeeze a Sony touch remote from the sales person because he told me inside box got but when delivered, don't have.. Yes, the blacks look a bit grey when all lights off at night, the sound was so tiny without bass that i had to buy add on sound bar ht-790ct at $729, but the pic quality when watching android app 4k video on youtube was mindblowing ..overall the android was well integrated and smooth i feel...happy with purchase , hope it last close to 10yrs, i upgraded from xseries 40 inch from 9yrs ago(still working very well, gave to friend)

r0_ger

Master Member
Reaction score
i finally got the 65X85D..delivered in 2 days, $4200 all in from BD , used a foldable arm wall mount, and got FOC not so good rapoo wireless keyboard, but squeeze a Sony touch remote from the sales person because he told me inside box got but when delivered, don't have.. Yes, the blacks look a bit grey when all lights off at night, the sound was so tiny without bass that i had to buy add on sound bar ht-790ct at $729, but the pic quality when watching android app 4k video on youtube was mindblowing ..overall the android was well integrated and smooth i feel...happy with purchase , hope it last close to 10yrs, i upgraded from xseries 40 inch from 9yrs ago(still working very well, gave to friend)

I aim 5 years... hopefully OLED becomes mainstream liao.

civicguy

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all.

If I am not wrong Sony Bravia does not support DTS ?

Currently I have a Samsung tv with a Yamaha sound bar. I no longer want so troublesome. Just want to have a tv and use its apps (or my amazon tv with Kodi on it) and use tv sounds.

But I have lots of MKV with DTS. How do I output DTS to Bravia ?

JuveZzZ

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone updated to android 6 recently? Seem to have a problem when i turn off the tv. At times it will just reboot itself. Using 43x8300

kherro

Reaction score
I got a sony android TV from courts. the salesman gave me a USB for Apps like movieHD to inseall using ES file explorer. But it say the drive is corrupted so i can't install the APK. isit the provlem with the USB drive or I'm missing something to install the APK?

pclow59

Master Member
Reaction score
I got a sony android TV from courts. the salesman gave me a USB for Apps like movieHD to inseall using ES file explorer. But it say the drive is corrupted so i can't install the APK. isit the provlem with the USB drive or I'm missing something to install the APK?

Plug in the usb to your computer port to test, it should be able to tell whether the USB drive is corrupted or not ...

Btw, how many USB port are there in your TV ? have you try all ?

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

If I am not wrong Sony Bravia does not support DTS ?

Currently I have a Samsung tv with a Yamaha sound bar. I no longer want so troublesome. Just want to have a tv and use its apps (or my amazon tv with Kodi on it) and use tv sounds.

But I have lots of MKV with DTS. How do I output DTS to Bravia ?

Depending on model, not all have.
Budget models usually don't have only Dolby.

kherro

Reaction score
Plug in the usb to your computer port to test, it should be able to tell whether the USB drive is corrupted or not ...

Btw, how many USB port are there in your TV ? have you try all ?
I tried on the PC, it's showing corrupted as well. I have a few ports on the TV, but only tired 1 though.

vuzuuu

Reaction score
I have a sony android tv and bluray player at home. Wondering could I use an audio receiver/transmitter on either the TV or bluray player while watching the tv? I don't want to disturb my neighbour during late night evening as I may turn on the home theatre system too high volume sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.