PlayStation VR (USD$399 MSRP, available Oct 2016)

Jurchen King

Master Member
Reaction score
Just another marketing gimmick :s8:. Reminds me of the time when 3D TVs and 3D movies were hyped up like crazy.

fantasyrulz

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Tried the batman playstation vr demo at plaza sing on Saturday.

The experience of vr is really something u can't explain with words.
It's that good. After I took off the vr headset I was thinking if I'm back to real world anot lol.

A tip for all who is interested in trying vr is not to see the demo. Try it like it's your first time.

The only way to sell vr is to try vr. The videos u see online doesn't do justice to it. The immersion is top notch.

fantasyrulz

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Waiting for playstation pro to release first then hoot together..

tanchankai

Reaction score
Hopefully Singapore stocks are in already and the shops are organizing to call up preorder customers :-D

ckleow79

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quoting Sony Asia fb cso to my query on po from sony store: "Kindly note that the collection of the Playstation VR will be available from 14th October onwards. We will also be contacting you about your order nearing the collection date. Hope this helps!"

DrBaldwin

Reaction score
oh man... I know we waited these few months, so what's one more day... but still...

Update
I ordered through PLAYe. The chat-rep said it is possible to collect on 13 Oct.

Last edited:

ckleow79

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got my 2nd Move controller. Now thinking of buying a headset.

Finally, am quite interested in this showcase. US$34.99 launch in October 28
71WyIsVfpSL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYGCK1M/

Official licensed one is US$49.99 launch in Oct 31
81DOax8NeaL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/POWER-Charge-Display-Stand-PSVR-PlayStation/dp/B01LB4KGOS/

Last edited:

tanchankai

Reaction score
Quoting Sony Asia fb cso to my query on po from sony store: "Kindly note that the collection of the Playstation VR will be available from 14th October onwards. We will also be contacting you about your order nearing the collection date. Hope this helps!"
Took leave on 14th. Hope to collect on that day :-D

rokugo

Reaction score
Already got a Vive and Oculus CV1, but I'm still excited for the PSVR launch.
Hopefully it will achieve the same effect for consumer VR that the PS3 had for Blu-ray.

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wanted this so much... but after all the reviews mentioned on the lousy tracking due to move Controllers, the lighting and limited camera angles... I'm putting this on hold till firmware update or new peripherals are out... it's a pity cos the ergonomic of this headset beats vive and oculus.... :(

Maybe can hear from actual local users review on this once it's available this week...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.