PlayStation VR (USD$399 MSRP, available Oct 2016)

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Already got a Vive and Oculus CV1, but I'm still excited for the PSVR launch.
Hopefully it will achieve the same effect for consumer VR that the PS3 had for Blu-ray.

Wow. You da man.

Prob the only one i know who have all 3 VRs

tanchankai

Reaction score
I wanted this so much... but after all the reviews mentioned on the lousy tracking due to move Controllers, the lighting and limited camera angles... I'm putting this on hold till firmware update or new peripherals are out... it's a pity cos the ergonomic of this headset beats vive and oculus.... :(

Maybe can hear from actual local users review on this once it's available this week...
You can try it out currently at the road show at Jurong Point. Tried Arkham VR and it was pretty cool. Sony Store at 313@Somerset also has sets for try outs.

Paper_Dragon

Reaction score
I wanted this so much... but after all the reviews mentioned on the lousy tracking due to move Controllers, the lighting and limited camera angles... I'm putting this on hold till firmware update or new peripherals are out... it's a pity cos the ergonomic of this headset beats vive and oculus.... :(

Maybe can hear from actual local users review on this once it's available this week...

Having demoed this before, I think most of those issues are overblown. The biggest problem I have with PSVR is the price and the "games". I like the tech but it is not worth the price, especially you'll have to make do with small experiences and mini-games for the most part and altogether will cost a bomb. I will wait for severe price cut or 2nd generation VR.

For example, they can have this: http://www.thejimquisition.com/playstation-vr-worlds-review/

Selling a demo disc for USD 40. lol Those more high profile "games" like Batman are super limited. Not the type of VR experience that I want.

ckleow79

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Playroom VR is available to download....... on US PS Store

is free.

the-playroom-vr-56e91af832427.jpg

ckleow79

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
vr demo disc, a few games demo and some free apps are also available to d/l now

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can try it out currently at the road show at Jurong Point. Tried Arkham VR and it was pretty cool. Sony Store at 313@Somerset also has sets for try outs.

Having demoed this before, I think most of those issues are overblown. The biggest problem I have with PSVR is the price and the "games". I like the tech but it is not worth the price, especially you'll have to make do with small experiences and mini-games for the most part and altogether will cost a bomb. I will wait for severe price cut or 2nd generation VR.

For example, they can have this: http://www.thejimquisition.com/playstation-vr-worlds-review/

Selling a demo disc for USD 40. lol Those more high profile "games" like Batman are super limited. Not the type of VR experience that I want.

Problem with demo in showroom is that it is in a controlled environment and limited time to experience any issues.

In your home, u need to 'calibrate' so that nothing is interfering with the controller light, reflective surface and camera angles etc...to perfect the immerse experience...

Need a more concrete review from local users at their home environment first then decide...

Last edited:

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Problem with demo in showroom is that it is in a controlled environment and limited time to experience any issues.

In your home, u need to 'calibrate' so that nothing is interfering with the controller light, reflective surface and camera angles etc...to perfect the immerse experience...

Need a more concrete review from local users at their home environment first then decide...
I think our Singapore HDB homes should be fine...unless you are living in a glass penthouse with reflection all over..

i already knew my room will be fine in terms of distance of tv to my sofa and the amount of lighting my room has as my bedroom is also my media room with curtains and controlled dimmable lighting :D

To add on, all the free apps, games and demos so far for PSVR released on US PSN:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/56v4gu/post_all_free_vr_content_here/

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PS VR can use without camera, PS move & without TV?
saw youtube setup guide by SONY, it connects to TV… it shows full setup though, PS movw, PS cam and all…

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
camera is mandatory...you will probably need your tv too for initial setup but you can switch it off once it's all configured and play every game on the headset as a normal screen.

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think our Singapore HDB homes should be fine...unless you are living in a glass penthouse with reflection all over..

i already knew my room will be fine in terms of distance of tv to my sofa and the amount of lighting my room has as my bedroom is also my media room with curtains and controlled dimmable lighting :D

To add on, all the free apps, games and demos so far for PSVR released on US PSN:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/56v4gu/post_all_free_vr_content_here/

Quite alot of things to take note off based on these arcticles https://venturebeat.com/2016/10/10/sony-playstation-vrs-tracking-problems-come-from-sun-and-shiny-surfaces

https://uploadvr.com/trouble-ps-vr-tracking-turn-off-light-says-Sony

Last edited:

tanchankai

Reaction score
Just got a call from Sony Store for pickup of PSVR :-D

Collection starts tomorrow, but I scheduled mine for Friday

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got the call as well and told me that collections starts tomorrow...

since i am now in london though, i can only collect it on the 30th :(

i want to go back to SG to play VR!

ckleow79

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got the call as well and told me that collections starts tomorrow...

since i am now in london though, i can only collect it on the 30th :(

i want to go back to SG to play VR!

At Kings Cross station
WDY87bF.jpg

DrBaldwin

Reaction score
That is nice and organised. PLAYe now radio silence. I prepared to collect mine on Friday

IndigoEyes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hopefully mine can collect tomorrow too.

Will they sell those PSVR games tmr in the retail shop?
I also want to buy the motion controllers but don't know how to buy it.

rokugo

Reaction score
Wow. You da man.

Prob the only one i know who have all 3 VRs

Yah, but I bought them for doing work (architectural design etc) also, not just gaming. So my spending is more justified (that's what I tell myself heh).
Also tested Razer's OSVR (1.4 version, not the latest 2.0) for a couple of mths.
My ranking so far:
1) HTC Vive - Most immersive and most comfortable VR headset.
2) Oculus - most portable VR system, and easiest to setup.
3) Razer- Cheapest (even compared to PSVR) but head-tracking not as good, and most "un-ready" for consumer market (software/drivers setup is a nightmare)

I expect PSVR will easily take the crown for comfort. The design of the headband itself is so intricate and balanced with lots of padding:
https://www.wired.com/2016/10/psvr-teardown-video/

Last edited:

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yah, but I bought them for doing work (architectural design etc) also, not just gaming. So my spending is more justified (that's what I tell myself heh).
Also tested Razer's OSVR (1.4 version, not the latest 2.0) for a couple of mths.
My ranking so far:
1) HTC Vive - Most immersive and most comfortable VR headset.
2) Oculus - most portable VR system, and easiest to setup.
3) Razer- Cheapest (even compared to PSVR) but head-tracking not as good, and most "un-ready" for consumer market (software/drivers setup is a nightmare)

I expect PSVR will easily take the crown for comfort. The design of the headband itself is so intricate and balanced with lots of padding:
https://www.wired.com/2016/10/psvr-teardown-video/
alot of tech sites already crowned PSVR as the most comfortable headset as it is using a lock mechanism to fit your head instead of rubber headbands like Vive/Rift where the headset is pushed to your face....

Also, though the resolution and FOV of PSVR is lower than Vive/Rift, PSVR uses full RGB display instead of pentile displays (that Vive/Rift uses) and thus has actually less screendoor effect.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.