Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

thwysg

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me further as I plan to visit Mt Fuji 5th Station in my coming trip and staying near Sunroute Hotel Shinjuku. I read there is a express bus terminal there,, it is correct to buy ticket there and the route is direct to Mt Fuji or stopover at Kawaguchiko station to board any bus up ? What is the rough cost for this transportation as confusing from http://highway-buses.jp/fuji/

Why would you want to visit 5th station when the climbing season is over? Would be better to visit the five lakes than going up the 5th.

Could just take the bus from NEWoMan (bus terminal is located at L4) and go to Kawaguchiko station. Fare is ¥1,750 per adult (one-way). Then take the bus to the five lakes from the bus interchange in front of Kawaguchiko station.

Extracted from the link
"Bus schedule from Shinjuku to Mt. Fuji Fifth Station
(September 24th ~ November 4th)
Services run only on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays during this period.
There are two buses for going to Mt. Fuji in the morning and two buses for coming back in the afternoon.

Direct buses to Mt Fuji 5th Station are only available on Sat/Sun/Holidays only.
Please take Fujikyu Highland line to Kawaguchiko, then transfer to local bus to Mt Fuji 5th Station for weekends."

chainer22

Reaction score
how cold will Tokyo be in late Oct/early Nov? trying to decide how much/thick clothes to bring haha

Windowlover

Reaction score
Anyone can recommend Tokyo apps for IOS.. interesting places, location, train exit are importation factos else lost lost...

lionheart80

Reaction score
hi all, my flight from CTS to Narita T3 will reach at 3pm and hope to catch the NEX at 4:22pm, so immigration and picking up of luggage at carousel plus walking back to T2 can make it for the 4:22pm timing or better book the next timing at 4:48pm

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all, my flight from CTS to Narita T3 will reach at 3pm and hope to catch the NEX at 4:22pm, so immigration and picking up of luggage at carousel plus walking back to T2 can make it for the 4:22pm timing or better book the next timing at 4:48pm
Well... Narita T3 isn't "connected" to the other terminals, need to walk quite far (20-25mins) or take shuttle bus (5-10mins interval). I personally think you should be able to make it though since no immigration/customs checks upon arrival.

lionheart80

Reaction score
Well... Narita T3 isn't "connected" to the other terminals, need to walk quite far (20-25mins) or take shuttle bus (5-10mins interval). I personally think you should be able to make it though since no immigration/customs checks upon arrival.

hi bro, so there is no need to go thru immigration/chop passport including flight out from T3 to CTS, sorry for the noob question as 1st time taking domestic flight, so if i already booked for 4:22pm NEX and if reach T2 early which can make it in time for the 3:47pm train, then able to go to their counter to change ticket timing

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi bro, so there is no need to go thru immigration/chop passport including flight out from T3 to CTS, sorry for the noob question as 1st time taking domestic flight, so if i already booked for 4:22pm NEX and if reach T2 early which can make it in time for the 3:47pm train, then able to go to their counter to change ticket timing
Do you really need to pre-buy the ticket in the first place? For me I always never pre-buy/book NEX, just whatever time land then go to T2 and buy ticket for next train. So far haven't encountered any "sold out" situation.

richardtanbh

Reaction score
Odaiba Shoppimg Mall

Hi all,

Anyone can advise me the best place to buy 4K UHD/Blu Ray Disc
in Japan's Odaiba Shopping Mall - Tokyo City.

Thank you

Sorry if this is a wrong place to post this.

Windowlover

Reaction score
I have downloaded Tokyo Subway, it is a good apps. Key in Shinjuku to Asakusa but in between there is a need to switch train but indicate 4mins. It is means I need to exit out before switching to another train or walking inside train station 4 mins to next platform ? Heard that some time need to exit out before switching train route, it is true and how do I knew this way of switching trains. :s22:

dude123

Master Member
Reaction score
worth to spend 1 day at himeji? himeji castle+koko-en garden roughly take how long to cover?

Mach8Fapper

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi. if i need to travel from Tokyo > Osaka then back to Tokyo. and also my trip is 7 days total. Could i say its most worth it to purchase a JR Pass? i've checked and the pass did included travel on Tokaido shinkansen.

So im getting within 7 days unlimited trips on Normal trains plus shinkansen (Tokaido Line). Safe to say that its the best choice right?

thwysg

Reaction score
hi. if i need to travel from Tokyo > Osaka then back to Tokyo. and also my trip is 7 days total. Could i say its most worth it to purchase a JR Pass? i've checked and the pass did included travel on Tokaido shinkansen.

So im getting within 7 days unlimited trips on Normal trains plus shinkansen (Tokaido Line). Safe to say that its the best choice right?

Unlimited rides on JR trains. It doesn't cover Nozomi and Mizuho trains and other private subways.
http://www.japanrailpass.net/sphone/en/about_jrp.html
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361.html

Yes, a 7D Pass would cover your return trips to and from Tokyo.

Adam80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone can advise me the best place to buy 4K UHD/Blu Ray Disc
in Japan's Odaiba Shopping Mall - Tokyo City.

Thank you

Sorry if this is a wrong place to post this.

UHD Bluray cost abt 4000-6000yen, you can find on USA amazon unless it's a Japanese uhd exclusive.

Mach8Fapper

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unlimited rides on JR trains. It doesn't cover Nozomi and Mizuho trains and other private subways.
http://www.japanrailpass.net/sphone/en/about_jrp.html
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361.html

Yes, a 7D Pass would cover your return trips to and from Tokyo.
Could i ask if i have unlimited trips within 7 days on the Hikari or Kodaama shinkansen on Tokaido line.(Because shinkansen different from Normal Trains). And also how do i distinguish between the different trains so as to not board the wrong one(Nozomi). Thank you very much.

thwysg

Reaction score
Could i ask if i have unlimited trips within 7 days on the Hikari or Kodaama shinkansen on Tokaido line.(Because shinkansen different from Normal Trains). And also how do i distinguish between the different trains so as to not board the wrong one(Nozomi). Thank you very much.

Use Hyperdia.com to check on the timings of the trains. Kodama is the slowest as it stops at every station. You'll be safe sticking to Hikari.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2018_tokaido.html

There's signboards indicating the time arrivals of the next train (sometimes next two following trains) with the type. In English and in Japanese. If all else failed, look for the train conductors located on the platforms and show them your seat ticket (for reserved seats). There's around 7 minutes which the Shinkansen would stay before moving off for those passengers making transfers from other trains. You can stay around at the platform if you're early, just don't be late.

Mach8Fapper

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Use Hyperdia.com to check on the timings of the trains. Kodama is the slowest as it stops at every station. You'll be safe sticking to Hikari.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2018_tokaido.html

There's signboards indicating the time arrivals of the next train (sometimes next two following trains) with the type. In English and in Japanese. If all else failed, look for the train conductors located on the platforms and show them your seat ticket (for reserved seats). There's around 7 minutes which the Shinkansen would stay before moving off for those passengers making transfers from other trains. You can stay around at the platform if you're early, just don't be late.
Bro you power. thanks for the informative reply. really appreciated cause im going overseas for the first time. (I dont count Malaysia or Thailand as going overseas ><)

There might be more questions from me but this has given me some very good info and im going to start planning my itinerary liao.

Last edited:

thwysg

Reaction score
Bro you power. thanks for the informative reply. really appreciated cause im going overseas for the first time. (I dont count Malaysia or Thailand as going overseas ><)

There might be more questions from me but this has given me some very good info and im going to start planning my itinerary liao.

So long as you've checked the schedules and reserved your seats for the trips Osaka<>Tokyo at least a day in advance, you should be fine. Unless there's a public holiday.
http://publicholidays.jp

Since you're touching down at Tokyo, you could use JR Pass immediately be it from Haneda or Narita. Covers Narita Express and Tokyo Monorail to reach JR station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.