Home Automation Enthusiasts

frooze

Reaction score
do you have any sample quotes or rough guide of cost for a basic home automation setup? eg lights and aircon

rageurdream

Reaction score
do you have any sample quotes or rough guide of cost for a basic home automation setup? eg lights and aircon

Was reading up home automation as well. Came across this web: Domotics Singapore » Home Automation Singapore
It gives you a rough guide on how to setup automation in your home using Z-wave.

Basically, you need a Z-wave home controller which is the brain to control the Z-wave module installed in the switch/Socket. There are more types of Zwave module which allows you to control more stuff. E.g door lock , curtain control. Its very fun.

I am a still a noob in this home automation thingy so hopefully more experts can come in and share..

limkopi78

Reaction score
Yep its already been done. We have also setup a Facebook community on this. For me I spend around 2k plus to do so... Do visit domotics.sg and join the home automation geeks Facebook page listed there to join in the discussion :)

XLpeng

Reaction score
I've done mine with Z-Wave almost 2 years ago. At that time, there wasn't any place that I can purchase the Z-Wave module in Singapore. I imported them from UK online store. Recently, I also helped two other friends installed their Z-Wave home automation system.

Now in Singapore, parts can be purchase from domotica.sg. I also seen a website L3Homeation.com selling Z Wave product in Kallang. They are also other web site promoting Z-Wave system but they are mainly the renovation company.

My home system is working fine. I did not encounter any problem so far. I practically use the Z-Wave to control everything at home. There is only one dissatisfaction. I could not find a good looking Z-Wave door lock. I had try Poly-Lock and Vision door lock but their appearance is too far from other digital lock such as Samsung and Yale. I had finally change it to Yale digital door lock instead of Z-Wave enable lock. It seems like the US version has more choice of door lock than the UK version.

Z-Wave door bell is also very limited. I improvise a doorbell by connecting one of the Fibaro 2X1.5 KW (S2) with the wire door bell. It sends me an email when someone press on it. I hope some good door lock will appear soon.

Smart House

Reaction score
Netichome Zwave

We are the Exclusive distributor of Netichome zwave products. please visit smarthouse.sg for more information. We are also willing to help you in any questions you have regarding setting up your Zwave home automation system.

limkopi78

Reaction score
Z-Wave Smart Lock

There is another version of Z-Wave Danalock available for order now at a Singapore based Smart Home Online Store - Automate.Asia.

Little Dwarf

Reaction score
I have also automated my new HDB house with Z-Wave system for lighting, air-con and IP camera surveillance. The total cost is less about $2,500, with installation and configuration all done up neatly by this Z-Wave company named eVida.

We did some background research and realize that Z-Wave meets all our requirements. Control4 is prestigious but easily 3 times the price, and LightwaveRF has very attractive price and design, but it is just not functional and easily confuse us of the light state (might cost us more on electricity bill when the lights are left on accidentally).

Thanks to eVida's recommendation, my husband and I eventually chosen the Fibaro HomeCenterLite given its much better and stable phone app to control our smart home remotely. Because when I approached other Z-Wave companies (they shall not be named), I was straight away quoted with the Veralite as a gateway and wasn't given a chance to compare with other gateways. Honestly it is just $200 more for a much much user friendly phone app control and we don't mind to invest this marginal sum.

I like the engineer in eVida. He is really a nice chap with excellent after sales service. And I really mean VERY GOOD after sales service, which is especially important for the not so technically savvy people like me and my husband (ok we understand the basics but can never never set up a system, be it our wireless system or smart home system).

We are very happy and enjoying our smart lifestyle, making our friends jealous when they visit us at our house warming!

Little Dwarf

Reaction score
Think it would be quite late to reply now. :look: You can visit eVida.com.sg for some home automation ideas and quotation on zwave system.

digitalhomes

Reaction score
Control4

If anyone is keen in Control4 system, do let us know. We are more than happy to advise and help with any queries you may have. FYI, we are able to integrate Vera Z-Wave to Control4 system as well. :)

eggeater87

Reaction score
Zipato smart home system

Hi all, take a look at the future proof Zipato smart home system, don't need to worry about choosing Z-wave or Zigbee and automate everything home at an affordable price

:)

Check it out at the Zipato Singapore webpage and FB page!

confucius87

Reaction score
singtel came up with smart home package, i think its a joke. $20++ a mth gets is no where close to smart home. there is one company provide interest free to do up your palace.

bogardan

Reaction score
Newbie question,

Is there home automation that intranet only (home network based, no internet needed)? Is it easily setup for tablet (android preferably) ?

Other than lighting? What other useful automation do u guys set your system for?

Been interested doing automation, but if it is internet connected I'm worried about safety especially if using automated lock. Please share your setup usage

leon03123

Reaction score
Many of my colleague are using the samsung smart lock. Heard its easy and safe to install urself.

Casambi

Reaction score
hi, i have another solution for the smart lighting, it not so costly like other brands available and it is super easy to use.

undeniable

Reaction score
i did up my home myself with china product broadlink and enable voice control with amazon echo dot. spent about $400 only cheap cheap.

Wizhome

Reaction score
Samsung Smart Lock / Smart Home

Anyone interested in Samsung Smart Lock or Smart Home can drop me a msg. Currently, we are having promotion for the Samsung SHP-DP728.

If you are looking for Smart Home, it only cost $1888 to automate your 5 rooms flat.

Cheerz

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going to renovate and thinking of using voice controlled commands like Amazon Echo or Google home. Anyone knows how reliable are these and whats the level of expertise/equipment available in Sg to do this?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.