iPad pro 12.9inch

Wheihk

Reaction score
i'm thinking of getting the refurbished iPad pro 12.9 inch. is the iPad too big to be productive??

Wheihk

Reaction score
surf net and watch videos lol... I listen to music a lot and are the speakers really good?

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
surf net and watch videos lol... I listen to music a lot and are the speakers really good?

Why not productive? I think iPad Pro is a great device. Usually ppl say it is too big and heavy but I think it is awesome

jonathanlee85

Reaction score
hi

let me give you my experience since i am one of the rare people that had used both 12.9 and 9.7inch models.

my experience was that i started with the 12.9inch so it can be travel companion. for work and play it was good (other than those accelerometer games)
Then when i change jobs, where i didn't need to work on the go so much, i traded 1:1 for the 9.7inch model. Great for media consumption and some work, but i could not do side by side work like typing on one side and reading using split view because it was too small to read.
Now I am thinking of changing back to the 12.9inch because of split view and the amount of side by side work i need to do.

my recommendation is that you evaluate your use pattern. the 9.7 inch is probably the best ipad you can get. but for productive work, the 12.9inch is king for tablets. Especially if you use the split view often like me. you will be in love with the large screen.

Tip: what i did was get the 12.9inch with the smart cover keyboard and instead of adding more weight with a back cover, i went to sim lim and got it 'skinned' with clear by tough film. cost me about $20 but good to keep weight down and protect against scratches.

Last edited:

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi

let me give you my experience since i am one of the rare people that had used both 12.9 and 9.7inch models.

my experience was that i started with the 12.9inch so it can be travel companion. for work and play it was good (other than those accelerometer games)
Then when i change jobs, where i didn't need to work on the go so much, i traded 1:1 for the 9.7inch model. Great for media consumption and some work, but i could not do side by side work like typing on one side and reading using split view because it was too small to read.
Now I am thinking of changing back to the 12.9inch because of split view and the amount of side by side work i need to do.

my recommendation is that you evaluate your use pattern. the 9.7 inch is probably the best ipad you can get. but for productive work, the 12.9inch is king for tablets. Especially if you use the split view often like me. you will be in love with the large screen.

Tip: what i did was get the 12.9inch with the smart cover keyboard and instead of adding more weight with a back cover, i went to sim lim and got it 'skinned' with clear by tough film. cost me about $20 but good to keep weight down and protect against scratches.

Amazing! Same thoughts. Can you share what type of skin u use?

jonathanlee85

Reaction score
There is a shop i go to all the time to get my devices 'skinned'
they mainly use a thick clear wrap. but the lady custom cuts and wraps it for you and it is very cheap. Highly recommended!
I do this for all my ipads.

Attached is their card - https://www.dropbox.com/s/zebusvk71o2nnua/Skin%20shop.jpg?dl=0

Last edited:

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is a shop i go to all the time to get my devices 'skinned'
they mainly use a thick clear wrap. but the lady custom cuts and wraps it for you and it is very cheap. Highly recommended!
I do this for all my ipads.

Attached is their card - https://www.dropbox.com/s/zebusvk71o2nnua/Skin%20shop.jpg?dl=0

Do you have a photo to show? Is the edge and rounded corners well done? How long can the protective film last?

Last edited:

jonathanlee85

Reaction score
The edges will never be perfect but still looks good.
Till now i never had to change the film. Last very long.
But then again i am very careful in my use.
Will upload photo later.

The con to this is if u drop your set then of course it will get dented but if u r a careful user like me (and i am quite rough with my devices as well), the film is a good option.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The edges will never be perfect but still looks good.
Till now i never had to change the film. Last very long.
But then again i am very careful in my use.
Will upload photo later.

The con to this is if u drop your set then of course it will get dented but if u r a careful user like me (and i am quite rough with my devices as well), the film is a good option.

There is this film sold in US. Seems very good with all the cut out etc

jonathanlee85

Reaction score
I know there is film sold elsewhere, but usually very expensive and you have to paste it yourself. I am lazy. haha

besides i usually pay about $20 to do up my ipad

nuky8181

Reaction score
Hi,

I hv a qestion on iPad pro 9.7" and hope if anyone can advise. I can't find a dedicated thread for the 9.7". May I know what is the difference in the serial number between an original and refurbished set?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.