Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks for advice

1) Middle of room - will check with potential aircon installer
2) Definitely not putting the blower above a furniture
3) Noted
4) Getting 22G for sure
5) Will check with installer
6) Getting 16mm drainage pipe
7) AC will be used long long time, but I am not hiding the trunking behind wardrobe for sure

btw i need your advise on this also:

Ask for 20mm drainage pipe. tell them to get at least 25-30mm size as turn pipe. If he duno what it means - u better be weary that he is a half-f**k installer.

Warranty varies from stall to stall. Depend your budget, the extra cost with extra years of warranty is always better.

Last edited:

DarthGW

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ask for 20mm drainage pipe. tell them to get at least 25-30mm size as turn pipe. If he duno what it means - u better be weary that he is a half-f**k installer.

Warranty varies from stall to stall. Depend your budget, the extra cost with extra years of warranty is always better.
thing is, the proshop is more expensive yet the other installer can provide 1 year extra workmanship warranty with cheaper cost overall
any significant benefits if i take the proshop
will their installer be able to do as what u recommend?

maur_james

Reaction score
Hi! Need some help from the pros here.

How much does it usually cost for Daikin SYS 3 aircon?
I got a budget of $3000, but can be lower.

We won't be using aircon often, maybe max will be 3 nights in a week.

Also where should I place the aircon units?

Thanks!
Untitled.png
I believe their lowest config system 3 also above 3k.

maur_james

Reaction score
thing is, the proshop is more expensive yet the other installer can provide 1 year extra workmanship warranty with cheaper cost overall
Proshop have their own standard package, any addition/upgrade will be charged accordingly.

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score

Installer will KPKB if you last minute wanna change pipe size and so do tell them in advance. They should also call you 1 day in advance on the size of pipe you required. They call me jus to double confirmed 1 day in advanced.

Be there to welcome them with drinks and snacks - spend a $10+ to make them happy will in turn do a good job installing for you.

My reno's contractors (5 teams) thought that I was a ID or an AC engineer... lolz...

Actually I just a lab tech working in hospital.

Proshop or GC or Coolserve or All Best, their warranty service got standard at least they dun tarnish their reputation.

As long your installation is good, you should not have hiccup in your sys for at least 2yrs. After that, you will need more cleaning.

I diy my cleaning and even take out the blower coil for ME sys.

Last edited:

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi! Need some help from the pros here.

How much does it usually cost for Daikin SYS 3 aircon?
I got a budget of $3000, but can be lower.

We won't be using aircon often, maybe max will be 3 nights in a week.

Also where should I place the aircon units?

Thanks!

Untitled.png
U should ask yourself where you want to place your wardrobe, cabinet and bed?
Place your AC where below having "Nothing" & centralise facing ur bed paralled or perpendicular & linear pipping with your other blowers. Try to have a separate drainage from your MBR. 1 set drainage for 2 common room and 1 set drainage to MBR.

terumo

Reaction score
To ragegoh,

Above the door frame for bedroom 2 & 3.
Below $3k can get a Daikin system 3.

wongdawson

Reaction score
Noobie question i installed sys 3 aircon fr GC. They got free upgrade of one fan coil 9k to 12k btu. When installed i check all the fan coil is same model. How to check which fan coil is 12k btu?

wirez83

Reaction score
Hi need some advice from the aircon gurus here.

I am gonna start renovation for my resale flat soon. I plan to put 1 unit in the livin/dining area (18000 btu) and 9000 btu units in the 3 bedrooms.

So far I got one quote for a diakin smile series for $4350 including removal of old aircon. I only plan to use the 2 bedroom aircon often and I will run one room aircon overnight.

Is the diakin smile series good for my needs or should I consider other brands? Is the quote reasonable?

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
I found one that fits my budget. Think I will be getting from Gain City unless pros here recommend otherwise.

https://www.gaincity.com/air-conditioners/system-3/daikin-sys-3-inverter-46605

Im not sure how the trucking should go but this way will be least obvious
Untitled.png

That's 1 good least distance of pipping to do. The shorter the distance, more efficiency of cooling.

Model quite good - 35K just more flowrate and more power consume, slightly overkill for your MBR only at 13.8m2.

IMHO - 25k is sufficient to cool room up to 15m2. Mine MBR is 16.5m2 plus 4 pax sleep over (kids like to sleep with us sometime), all hugged in thick blanket when set at auto mode 24C degree. Sometime cooling day I will set at 25C.

ironut

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I am gonna start renovation for my resale flat soon. I plan to put 1 unit in the livin/dining area (18000 btu) and 9000 btu units in the 3 bedrooms.

So far I got one quote for a diakin smile series for $4350 including removal of old aircon. I only plan to use the 2 bedroom aircon often and I will run one room aircon overnight.

Is the diakin smile series good for my needs or should I consider other brands? Is the quote reasonable?
Your quotation from Daikin Proshop?

Includes 2 trip installation?

What materials were provided?

Sent from ... using GAGT

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score

Your package include what? If for your pricing include all my spec then worth. If not, u will be a big carrot. Use GC and Court pricing as a gauge. If you feel reasonable then ok.

Smile series is their flagship, confirm suit ur need. Quote wise, I suggest you get 2 or 3 more to compare.

Last edited:

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Exactly!

sound like my mother: Boy ah, I spend $50 at market today for dinner - you know?

My reply: I duno, duno wat you bought and who is joining for dinner?

wirez83

Reaction score
Your package include what? If for your pricing include all my spec then worth. If not, u will be a big carrot. Use GC and Court pricing as a gauge. If you feel reasonable then ok.

Smile series is their flagship, confirm suit ur need. Quote wise, I suggest you get 2 or 3 more to compare.

Company is recommended by my interior designer, say he use them often.

Spec is 22g piping, 16mm drain, 1/2 inch aramflex insulation.
3 year installation warranty.

If need to upgrade let me know as I haven't nego price yet.

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Company is recommended by my interior designer, say he use them often.

Spec is 22g piping, 16mm drain, 1/2 inch aramflex insulation.
3 year installation warranty.

If need to upgrade let me know as I haven't nego price yet.

The quote $4350 is reasonable but can be cheaper. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.