Reaction score
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/788900063833493504

announcement.jpg

CvK2zVIUAAAT8KE.jpg

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score

unfortunately, this video is kinda too long for me :s13:

think within first 1min can see all it's functions le.

Zeroox

Reaction score
honestly this console is pretty underwhelming, looks like nintendo's console war with sony and microsoft is really over.

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
honestly this console is pretty underwhelming, looks like nintendo's console war with sony and microsoft is really over.
i doubt it is the end. Nintendo is not going head on in terms of raw performance against PS and Xbox.

way back since DS, they are going for a different type of gaming devices.
NX can promote party play and remote play. gaming on the go.
and NX games are on memory cards. rather than discs.

then again this smells like WiiU all over. :s13:

shall see.

mocax

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
with no access to tv, i think i might try the switch... :o

doomed

Reaction score
It's looks really cool and playing handheld games on a big tv whenever you want sounds great to me.

Paper_Dragon

Reaction score
It's a good complement to PS4/Xbox One but definitely won't have enough power to run full AAA console games. It's like a beefed up PS Vita combined with PS TV. At least now if those AAA developers don't support them, maybe small mobile developers will.

lycheehello

Suspended
Reaction score
I literally cried when I watched the trailer............I love this thing omg..........!!! :love::love::love:

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/20/...ch-third-party-support-bethesda-ea-activision
NX_Partners.jpg

Full list of partners below:

505 Games
Activision Publishing, Inc.
ARC SYSTEM WORKS Co., Ltd.
ATLUS CO., LTD.
Audiokinetic Inc.
Autodesk, Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.
Bethesda
CAPCOM CO., LTD.
Codemasters®
CRI Middleware Co., Ltd.
DeNA Co., Ltd.
Electronic Arts
Epic Games Inc.
Firelight Technologies
FromSoftware, Inc.
Frozenbyte
GameTrust
GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE INC.
Gungho Online Entertainment, Inc.
HAMSTER Corporation
Havok
INTI CREATES CO., LTD.
KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD.
Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
LEVEL-5 Inc.
Marvelous Inc.
Maximum Games, LLC
Nippon Ichi Software, Inc.
Parity Bit Inc.
PlatinumGames Inc.
RAD Game Tools, Inc.
RecoChoku Co., Ltd.
SEGA Games Co., Ltd.
Silicon Studio Corporation
Spike Chunsoft Co., Ltd.
SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
Starbreeze Studios
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Telltale Games
THQ Nordic
Tokyo RPG Factory Co., Ltd.
TT Games
UBISOFT
Ubitus Inc.
Unity Technologies, Inc.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Web Technology Corp

any interesting companies missing?
no Rockstar. means no RDR2. GG. DOA.

Rogue

Reaction score
My opinion is it's too big as a handheld, looks slightly larger than the Vita or Samsung Note 7... even with the Joy-con detached. Going to be a pita to carry around and battery life will probably be pitiful (I think 2 to 4 hours depending on the game)

It will be like Nvidia shield where you park it near your TV and power source and play games with a controller...

In the end, it still depends on the price of the machine, the controllers, and the price of the games made for the game.

majora

Master Member
Reaction score
Good leh, for someone like me who don't have access to the house tv all the time.

mocax

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i think one of the more innovative use for this will be sports games like tennis, badminton... can place the screens back to back... :o

Cleaver

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Definitely can't play crysis, but can play skyrim I thought it's good enough.
I just need a new animal crossing, and fire emblem game

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
- Not shown, don't know have motion sensor and touch screen or not. A lot of now traditional Nintendo controls are gone if don't have.

- Unlike Wii U or NDS/3DS, no more dual screen (1 tv, 1 handheld), can't show different info on separate screens.

- If split the controller into two small joy-cons (L and R), each will only have 1 shoulder/trigger buttons, this rather limits the games that can be operated.

- Presumably no HDD? Home console with just proprietary game card is absolute no go.

- Too thick for a handheld, not very portable, like carrying a brick or a few slices of bread.

- If handheld is going to be powerful as home console (and switchable) then it is going to be too hot to touch after some time (like most laptops). Seems to have active cooling (there are what looks like ventilation holes at the top), which will be noisy (and weird) on a handheld.

- Amiibo support? Probably have (NFC, touch and remove, don't have to place there forever), don't see Nintendo giving up golden eggs.

- Was expecting some integrations with mobile phone platforms, but looks like it's still traditional handheld.

- Probably no multiple accounts support on single console?

- Most importantly, if still region locked = no buy.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
- Not shown, don't know have motion sensor and touch screen or not. A lot of now traditional Nintendo controls are gone if don't have.

- Unlike Wii U or NDS/3DS, no more dual screen (1 tv, 1 handheld), can't show different info on separate screens.

- If split the controller into two small joy-cons (L and R), each will only have 1 shoulder/trigger buttons, this rather limits the games that can be operated.

- Presumably no HDD? Home console with just proprietary game card is absolute no go.

- Too thick for a handheld, not very portable, like carrying a brick or a few slices of bread.

- If handheld is going to be powerful as home console (and switchable) then it is going to be too hot to touch after some time (like most laptops). Seems to have active cooling (there are what looks like ventilation holes at the top), which will be noisy (and weird) on a handheld.

- Amiibo support? Probably have (NFC, touch and remove, don't have to place there forever), don't see Nintendo giving up golden eggs.

- Was expecting some integrations with mobile phone platforms, but looks like it's still traditional handheld.

- Probably no multiple accounts support on single console?

- Most importantly, if still region locked = no buy.

rumored its region free.

Cleaver

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Size wise smaller than tablet but bigger than 3ds a bit sian

No dual scree makes it easy for other developers to port over their game thus more games for switch which is a plus

Now just need to know the price

mocax

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
looks like going back to traditional gaming.... no more gimmicks like motion or touchscreen that few developers utilize... :o

it also seems to promote the traditional social aspects where you can bring your console to anyone's house and play together... :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.