Unblock TV (UBTV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chungleung

Reaction score
USB Mouse

I have a wired usb mouse attached to the TV box's usb port. But everytimes I power on the box, the mouse is not detected and has to be unplugged and put back in before it can be use. Advice?

kakaBoBo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
where to buy unblock tech gen3 sg set ?
any recommended seller ?

Aaron_soh80

Banned
Reaction score
Any one using UBTV?
Will it lag while watching?
Does it have old movies and US/TVB series for streaming?

I saw the box on Qoo10, there have different prices like S$288 and even S$400, but some in ebay and amazon are selling like less than S$200.... I wonder what are the differences.. it's very confusing.
The seller in Qoo10 claimed that their UB box are different from those China box...bla bla bla.... but in picture there all looks identical...

Anyone can advise on this?

Thanks.

Ur tv no Android build in?

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone's AZdrama and drama24h still running?

Mine can't load totally.

At the latest version 1.0.28 and 1.0.7

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody bought the deke box? Is there VOD?
The thing about Deke is they claim to have VOD but nobody ever proved that it's up to date or have it.

Is there any good box in the market without the bloatware like in himedia?
I conclude that Deke is much better to use than UB. It's indeed the closest to Maige or traffic light speed.
Only con is Deke app itself has totally no VOD.

Not a big problem with Kodi though, but hk movies are not as easy to find.

Also notice that UB's PODVOD is not working.

Last edited:

260Wolskel

Reaction score
Anybody bought the deke box? Is there VOD?
The thing about Deke is they claim to have VOD but nobody ever proved that it's up to date or have it.

Is there any good box in the market without the bloatware like in himedia?
I conclude that Deke is much better to use than UB. It's indeed the closest to Maige or traffic light speed.
Only con is Deke app itself has totally no VOD.

Not a big problem with Kodi though, but hk movies are not as easy to find.

Also notice that UB's PODVOD is not working.

Deke got box? I thought it was an apk? Can share the link to buy? May consider but need annual sub right?

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I searched and found one post here saying it's only booting to its app like maige and cant load others
That's the case don't think I'm interested.

Cost almost same as maige too.

The box can be found on their website with limited info

260Wolskel

Reaction score
I searched and found one post here saying it's only booting to its app like maige and cant load others
That's the case don't think I'm interested.

Cost almost same as maige too.

The box can be found on their website with limited info

Oh... proprietary box like Magie.. yah, don't think it is wise! Thanks!

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I asked the livechat, they say can install other apps, also showed me the screenshots for VOD.

Last edited:

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I took the dive and ordered the Deke H265 box.
I had the Maige($400), one of the first to get the UB($170) , also one of the first to the Deke subscription($120).

I need another box, was considering UB3 with Deke sub.
I think total up should be almost S$250 IIRC.
Pro is UB is free forever, con is UB is not stable.

Having Deke in my UB box, makes me realise that I don't use UB's native apps almost at all. Except the VOD, which is also super unstable.

For the Deke Box, I paid total RMB1586.20, including shipping to SG. It comes with a one year sub.
If FX is 4.75, i paid about SG$334.

I took it because they said there's VOD and can install other apps, which I hope is true.

Why pay $8x bucks more?
Someone in the Geoexpat forum once mentioned that Deke = Maige. People who had used Maige before should know the difference. It's very smooth and very fast. And Deke is the closest I can find to that.

Why is Maige blazingly fast? They use mirror broadcasters around the world, so data is transmitted from your location's nearest server, than going through huge distance from PRC or other countries direct. I can't be sure, but I have a hunch that Deke is base on the same architecture.

When i switch channel on Deke, it's almost instant, at 700kbps.
Compare to UB, can be struggling at 0/1kbps, if lucky 300kbps. Lag taking at least 1 second to load, it might not even load.

Another concern is UB had been around for sometime.
Go to geoexpat forum, it's the most used box now.
As everyone knows, 树大招风, i also will doubt whether the days are near.

For people who wants to buy Deke, you can go to their website.
But the problem is they only accept payment via Wechat/Alipay which we can't pay unless you get a PRC with a verified account to do it for you.

In the end, I told them the problem and I got it paid by Taobao. They got a partner to help them collect the funds.

If you don't want to buy the box, you can also sub just the liveTV app. The trial is free, i think is for a day.

Of course, as usual, buy at your own risk.
Their website: http://deke.tv/
Wechat: 86613021

There's a facebook account for Deke, i think it's run by Malaysian resellers, it's more exp.

I believe if it works, this shameless guy call Relacker and his clone relac clones may be back.

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had the Maige($400), one of the first to get the UB($170) , also one of the first to the Deke subscription($120).

Having Deke in my UB box, makes me realise that I don't use UB's native apps almost at all. Except the VOD, which is also super unstable.

For the Deke Box, I paid total RMB1586.20, including shipping to SG. It comes with a one year sub.

I took it because they said there's VOD and can install other apps, which I hope is true.

Why pay $8x bucks more?
Someone in the Geoexpat forum once mentioned that Deke = Maige. People who had used Maige before should know the difference. It's very smooth and very fast. And Deke is the closest I can find to that.

Why is Maige blazingly fast? They use mirror broadcasters around the world, so data is transmitted from your location's nearest server, than going through huge distance from PRC or other countries direct. I can't be sure, but I have a hunch that Deke is base on the same architecture.

Compare to UB, can be struggling at 0/1kbps, if lucky 300kbps. Lag taking at least 1 second to load, it might not even load.

But the problem is they only accept payment via Wechat/Alipay which we can't pay unless you get a PRC with a verified account to do it for you.

In the end, I told them the problem and I got it paid by Taobao. They got a partner to help them collect the funds.

If you don't want to buy the box, you can also sub just the liveTV app. The trial is free, i think is for a day.

There's a facebook account for Deke, i think it's run by Malaysian resellers, it's more exp.

I believe if it works, this shameless guy call Relacker and his clone relac clones may be back.

There is another box called "evpad"

I heard that it is better than ub, but have not tried it personally. ub steals some channels from evpad.

the price is about $150

so now there are quite a few choices
- ub box
- small 7
- himedia m6
- evpad
- deke

himedia m6 is another good box to use, it comes with mktv, the iptv has relatively less channels, but very stable.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've a himedia h7g6 or whatever, one thing i don't like is it's full of bloat ware from mango tv iirc, which i can't use due to geoblock. When i bought it, there's no mktv yet. Not sure can i get the mktv in for free.

Mktv when i tried when it was hacked and free, it was slightly better than ub, but to be fair UB may had a larger user base to bottleneck the bandwidth back then. Speed wise, deke was still faster so I did not try MKTV much.

If the Deke tv box is really as good as maige in VOD, I won't mind the annual subs.

Now I'm only short of a decent VOD that is friendly to use.

Even Kodi, AZdrama and Drama24h are down. Now using ICdrama which has a lot of movies can't run.

I may need another box after the coming deke, may try another box or get another deke.

jywl12

Reaction score
I tried Deke for a short period and the menu system is pretty bad. Hope they improve it.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've a himedia h7g6 or whatever, one thing i don't like is it's full of bloat ware from mango tv iirc, which i can't use due to geoblock. When i bought it, there's no mktv yet. Not sure can i get the mktv in for free.

Mktv when i tried when it was hacked and free, it was slightly better than ub, but to be fair UB may had a larger user base to bottleneck the bandwidth back then. Speed wise, deke was still faster so I did not try MKTV much.

If the Deke tv box is really as good as maige in VOD, I won't mind the annual subs.

Now I'm only short of a decent VOD that is friendly to use.

Even Kodi, AZdrama and Drama24h are down. Now using ICdrama which has a lot of movies can't run.

I may need another box after the coming deke, may try another box or get another deke.

Himedia h7g3 comes with mangoTV, it is blocked, but can be unblocked easily with a few special numbers :)

Himedia M6 comes with official MKTV, MKTV's IPTV is very clear and smooth, the price is about $130. It is a good box to get.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Why pay $8x bucks more?

WeChat Wallet is easy to get. Just create a WeChat account, then get someone to give u angpow and your WeChat wallet will be created. From there just add your credit card in and then deposit directly for WeChat

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried Deke for a short period and the menu system is pretty bad. Hope they improve it.
For pay trial, Deke's menu system is exactly the same as HDTV on UB.

Deke box seems to have their own interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.