[Kawaii Game Lovers] WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Damn it, cannot PO liao :(. Thot SG psn stated it's until today leh. If it's until 00:00 today, it should say until yesterday. Ugh thot I still have time to decide which language to get, great now they decided for me, wait for sale it is :D

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
in60le.jpg

zml5b7.jpg

6jghvc.jpg

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Damn it, cannot PO liao :(. Thot SG psn stated it's until today leh. If it's until 00:00 today, it should say until yesterday. Ugh thot I still have time to decide which language to get, great now they decided for me, wait for sale it is :D
The PO is gone from SG psn store but the full game is up now. Those "pre-order bonuses" have now become "initial bonus", available till Dec 25. What's the point of pre-ordering then? :s22:

*The Initial bonus contents will be bundled for a limited period (October 25, 2016 ~ December 25, 2016).

・WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY / Voice Pack: JP
・WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY / Champion Summon: Sephiroth
・WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY / Coliseum Ticket: White Chocobo
・WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY / Coliseum Ticket: Glow Moogle
・WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY / Coliseum Ticket: Astraea
CH ver will have EN voice pack as bonus, since it already comes with JP voice by default.
The CH ver PO has 1 more coliseum ticket than EN ver PO, can't remember which one, I thot it's Astraea.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The PO is gone from SG psn store but the full game is up now. Those "pre-order bonuses" have now become "initial bonus", available till Dec 25. What's the point of pre-ordering then? :s22:

CH ver will have EN voice pack as bonus, since it already comes with JP voice by default.
The CH ver PO has 1 more coliseum ticket than EN ver PO, can't remember which one, I thot it's Astraea.

both chinese and english version got the same 3 coliseum tickets. their only difference is voice pack.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
both chinese and english version got the same 3 coliseum tickets. their only difference is voice pack.
That's the current one where both CH and EN versions have the same bonuses. Previously during PO period, the CH ver has 1 more than the EN ver. Comparing the Asia bonuses to US, US has Red Bonnetberry instead of Astraea. I think maybe during PO period, both Asia CH and EN had Red Bonnetberry (now dropped from both Asia ver), and CH has an extra Astraea.

ethan89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chinese version played...

Interesting story. Super long, super cute cutscenes.

In-game graphics seem better than the demo.

Ugh, what language to get!? The Chinese translation looks more natural to me. Japanese voice definitely much much better! Also CH ver has 1 extra in-game PO freebie.

BTW, based on the demo, save files are not compatible among EN, CH and JP. However the SG EN version is compatible with US EN version. Given the XO button usage, I believe SG EN is exactly the same as US EN, this may mean DLC compatibility (and the demo bonus in one EN version may work on another region full game). At least this is true for the demo (maybe they are too lazy to make another region ver).

Argh those guys shouldn't be talking during the CG scenes... :s22:

Can't find a clean JP version... Here's an EN version walkthrough - Clean with no talking:

Zidano

Banned
Reaction score
so is this game worth the price? its $69.90 on PSN, physical copy is better?

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought the game can confirm... are the save points frequent? is there more than one save slot?

How are those bonuses delivered? Are they already included in the base game (in the 'first edition') or separate DLC to be downloaded? I don't see them as DLC on the PSN store, so wondering where they are.

I played the demo again (both languages), sigh, still cannot decide EN or CH :(

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought the game can confirm... are the save points frequent? is there more than one save slot?

How are those bonuses delivered? Are they already included in the base game (in the 'first edition') or separate DLC to be downloaded? I don't see them as DLC on the PSN store, so wondering where they are.

I played the demo again (both languages), sigh, still cannot decide EN or CH :(

there is only 1 save slot and it can be uploaded to their server. first time final fantasy game has this feature.

there are save point at your home base, at the entrance of dungeons, before a boss fight etc.

dun need to worry abt save points cos this game even if you die, you will only end up transported back to home base without any loss of experience points etc. save points can replenish your hp as well as action points. only exception is if the area is controlled by enemy and you died then you have to reload your save game.

i bought physical copy so my bonuses are in the form of dlc code.

for sephiroth champion, you will unlock him automatically once you gain the ability to summon champion. each time can only select 3 champions.

the other 3 bonus monsters which are red bonnetberry, glow moogle and white chocobo will be unlocked when you gain the ability to travel to coliseum in the game. to gain the use of them, you have to fight them in the coliseum and capture them like pokemons. their levels are high so i am not able to win as it will be a 1 hit ko.

also this game has multiplayer features where you can trade monsters you have captured with other players. most players are cheapo where they will only trade a level 1 goblin which is very common and useless. hardly can find players to trade rare monsters.

there is also multiplayer battle with other players using monsters. you create your own stack of monsters and battle others.

i switched between english and japanese and finally decided to stick with english. it sounds nicer than japanese for some reason.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
there is only 1 save slot and it can be uploaded to their server. first time final fantasy game has this feature.

[...]

i switched between english and japanese and finally decided to stick with english. it sounds nicer than japanese for some reason.
Thanks for the details.

The uploading of save file is actually for cross-save purpose, to sync vita and ps4 versions if you have both.

About the save points, my main concern is not about dying but about playing half way and have to go do something else in real life (also it's turn-based and can get repetitive/tiring after a while and just need a break from it, maybe go play other games for a short bit). The demo itself is over an hour, first time I played I had to go out soon but didn't know how much longer the demo was going to take. If it's Vita version can just put in standby and continue exactly where I left off later. I guess for PS4 can also put it in suspend (iirc it's a rest mode setting) and continue later but somehow I don't like doing that on a console (or PC)... somehow mentally make a distinction, console/pc must shutdown (or standby) properly, handheld/tablet/laptop just off the screen, lol.

So looks like there are separate DLCs for the bonuses but they are not visible as downloadable items on the PSN store.

When playing the English ver of the game with Japanese voice, do you feel that the words and voices don't match well? (Even though I don't know Japanese and have no idea what's being spoken but in some games I still feel like the English translation is out of sync with the original voice, or just sound weird. Like in Disgaea games, hearing/reading "dood" just feel awkward compared to the original "desu".)

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the details.

The uploading of save file is actually for cross-save purpose, to sync vita and ps4 versions if you have both.

About the save points, my main concern is not about dying but about playing half way and have to go do something else in real life (also it's turn-based and can get repetitive/tiring after a while and just need a break from it, maybe go play other games for a short bit). The demo itself is over an hour, first time I played I had to go out soon but didn't know how much longer the demo was going to take. If it's Vita version can just put in standby and continue exactly where I left off later. I guess for PS4 can also put it in suspend (iirc it's a rest mode setting) and continue later but somehow I don't like doing that on a console (or PC)... somehow mentally make a distinction, console/pc must shutdown (or standby) properly, handheld/tablet/laptop just off the screen, lol.

So looks like there are separate DLCs for the bonuses but they are not visible as downloadable items on the PSN store.

When playing the English ver of the game with Japanese voice, do you feel that the words and voices don't match well? (Even though I don't know Japanese and have no idea what's being spoken but in some games I still feel like the English translation is out of sync with the original voice, or just sound weird. Like in Disgaea games, hearing/reading "dood" just feel awkward compared to the original "desu".)

i know abit of japanese and the japanese dialogue and english subs is slightly off. it doesn't sound weird.

ethan89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the details.

Tama, the talking white fox companion, has a habit of adding "-the" in its sentences.

That's probably one thing that the Japanese language might not be able to tally with the English language? Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Sent from "It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things."
- Theodore Roosevelt using GAGT

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tama, the talking white fox companion, has a habit of adding "-the" in its sentences.

That's probably one thing that the Japanese language might not be able to tally with the English language? Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Sent from "It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things."
- Theodore Roosevelt using GAGT

not really. eg: the char say "lets get married" in japanese dialogue but english subs is "you be my bride". there is a difference although they might mean the same thing.

ethan89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not really. eg: the char say "lets get married" in japanese dialogue but english subs is "you be my bride". there is a difference although they might mean the same thing.

True that...

But to replicate the comedy puns from the English subs/dialogue would be difficult for us to appreciate it if we switch to Japanese dialogue I suppose?

lionheart80

Reaction score
saw that r2 copy is cheaper so will there be any issues with the dlc or will getting r3 be better

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.