Reaction score
Just for comparison:

2fbad6f9e0.jpg

Sineoji 713V (170°)

Last edited:

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
The corner warp on sineoji is very obvious, resolution at sides are curved inwards unnaturally. Lose out to DLink's 180 degree camera. And if compared against color presentation, Dlink's camera looks far better. Night vision wise, as everyone can see. Sineoji's camera have a very obvious concentration of IR lights at the central due to the use of wide angle lens, so surrounding looks dark and blurry. Even image quality comparision against dlink at night vision also loses out comparing same 1080P resolution.

vvaness40

Reaction score
Are you a Challenger member ? If you are, get the sineoji 498V at $69 ($139) which is a good bargain. Using it now and serves me well.

Waiting for the PT713V promo, challenger member is at $239.

Currently using sineoji PT498V, cheap and good ! Place it in the kitchen.

2f7a84988d.png

2f7aa7fb56.png

Taken when lights are completely off during the night

2f79def84b.png

2f7a660793.png

Have the 495V model too but is no longer available.

362c3e262a.png

362c3333e1.png

362bf92713.png

Last edited:

jason

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently using sineoji PT498V, cheap and good ! Place it in the kitchen.

kitchen_498_1.png

kitchen_498_2.png

Taken when lights are completely off during the night

kitchen_night_498_1.png

kitchen_night_498_2.png

Have the 492V model too but is no longer available.

But my model the auto light very bad, some time have turn off manually if not day time also see black and white.

goodwin

Reaction score
But my model the auto light very bad, some time have turn off manually if not day time also see black and white.

jason, this happens because of the IR-cut default settings is 750. Every house lightings varies, choose the best settings that works with your surrounding ambience.

Go to the setup menu of your camera,http://192.168.x.x:8081/web/display_men.html

Adjust the IR cut that works best for you. Start increasing the numbers from 750 to 800, increment of 50. 950 works for me.

Enjoy !

300f5070db.png

Last edited:

jason

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jason, this happens because of the IR-cut default settings is 750. Every house lightings varies, choose the best settings that works with your surrounding ambience.

Go to the setup menu of your camera,http://192.168.x.x:8081/web/display_men.html

Adjust the IR cut that works best for you. Start increasing the numbers from 750 to 800, increment of 50. 950 works for me.

Enjoy !

Screen_Shot_2016_10_26_at_9_44_25_AM.png

Thanks, i give it a try tonight.

Do you know if there is any way to change the IP Address of this camera ? I will prefer a fix IP instead of DHCP.

goodwin

Reaction score
Thanks, i give it a try tonight.

Do you know if there is any way to change the IP Address of this camera ? I will prefer a fix IP instead of DHCP.

Yes, using the same method, enter the ip address of your camera on the web browser.
http://192.168.x.x:8081/web/network_men.html

Select Fixed IP and you can assigned your ip address instead of DHCP.

300faafb19.png

Last edited:

Phumba

Reaction score
Android APP Comparison

So with the help of nice chaps here, I tried out the suggestions. And once again the pictures are there for one to analyze. I should mention that I am a cheapo and have used only the free APPs only.

And in summary, I find that

OWLR:
FPS:Jerky. Probably the in-between of the 3.
Image Quality:The in between of the 3, but just acceptable.
PTZ Smoothness:OK. Not great.
Comments: Its definitely the easiest to use. Even in "self find cameras" mode, it has very few fields to fill in. NO audio option is a big turn off. And there are NO ADVERTS.

tinyCAM Free:
FPS: Very nice. High FPS means images are faily smooth.
Image Quality:About the same, if not better as OWLR.
PTZ Smoothness: Smooth. Probally lss than OWLR, but acceptable.
Comments: It includes Audio. Biggest issue is that when on cellular, this app really eats into ones data plan. For me, running at high FPS and bitrates probably multiplied the amount of mobile data used on my phone.

IP Cam Viewer Basic:
FPS: Slowest of the 3. Major jumps in frames.
Image Quality:poorest
PTZ Smoothness:Jerky.
Comments: I didnt like the HMI at all. This one just didint go down well with me.

Lastly, its interesting to see the difference in appearance of the same cameras on the different APPs. I guess each APP developer has their own way of doing things.

While I did not mention specifically mention this, the more detailed and smooth and audio equipped the images are, the more bits there is to transmit. On wifi, this is not a problem. On a cellular data, it can be quite painful.

Anyway, this is me rambling. Hoping that someone who is also interested in tinkering along the lines of what I am doing.

Last edited:

Phumba

Reaction score
Have you tried using IPCam viewer Pro and TinyCam Pro app with Sineoji Cams ? Give it a shot, it's cool. My preference is Tinycam Pro app.

Screenshot taken with Sineoji’s PT713V using IP Cam Viewer Pro by Robert Chou with 1080P HD

Screenshot taken with Sineoji’s PT713V using tinyCam Monitor Pro by Tiny Solutions LLC on 1080P HD

Thanks for the heads-up.

I like the tinyCAM. Really "above the rest" standard. But it guzzles mobile data like a drunk on beer.
The IP Cam Viewer, is not to my liking. Reasons as below.

But thanks for the hints. :)

jason

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If use "tinyCAM Free" for Sineoji camera.

What model to choose ?

Phumba

Reaction score

What model to choose ?

On top of the list.... i wld bet either GENERIC or ONVIF.

If you are on wifi, all you need is the Internal IPaddress & Port No.

If you are on data, you wld need to Port Forward the IPsddress and Port No, as well as your Ext IPaddess.

goodwin

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up.

I like the tinyCAM. Really "above the rest" standard. But it guzzles mobile data like a drunk on beer.
The IP Cam Viewer, is not to my liking. Reasons as below.

But thanks for the hints. :)

No problem :)

goodwin

Reaction score

What model to choose ?

On top of the list.... i wld bet either GENERIC or ONVIF.

If you are on wifi, all you need is the Internal IPaddress & Port No.

If you are on data, you wld need to Port Forward the IPsddress and Port No, as well as your Ext IPaddess.

jason, as Pumba suggested, I am also using the ONVIF protocol for my Sineoji camera in Tinycam app.

Did some screenshots settings that might help you. But if you are viewing externally, you have to do port forward and add the respective IP in your router.

tiny_1.jpg

tiny_2.png

Here are some screenshots of the Sineoji cams in Tinycam app during the night (lights on)

screenshot_2.png

image.png

Night vision lights completely off in Tinycam app

tinycam_a_night.png

Last edited:

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
From the latest photos, DLink really beats Sineoji hands down in terms of night vision. The ring focus of sineoji is so obvious that close up on white material will result in image within the ring to be glared out (sofa). If you look at the corridor photo, the edges of the doors are not "fine". The focus seems to be made to show clarity within 2 metres, so the further end looks blurry, light is another factor. And the curves are too obvious compared to Dlink's 180degree wide angle. So, comparing these together, DLink has an upper edge based on photos.

Dlink really have done well in R&D on imaging portion

jason

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to remote control the SingTel 1GB Router from outside ?

skintigh

Reaction score
Nice pics there. The sineoji's has a better image in terms of contrast looking at it. The infra red in the night has a clearer vision and brighter view as compared to the D-Link. The D-link infra red is still acceptable except that it is a little blurish, grainy and dull IMO. But the D-Link day pics looks good too.

The sineoji 713V is perfect looking at the pics but is ex..

whatever the case, everyone has its preference, some may prefer this, some that. Factors that I would look into are :

1. Price
2. After sales service.
3. Warranty
4. Real-Time, IP Cameras must be real-time, otherwise defeat the purpose of getting.

barrios

Reaction score
Nice pics there. The sineoji's has a better image in terms of contrast looking at it. The infra red in the night has a clearer vision and brighter view as compared to the D-Link. The D-link infra red is still acceptable except that it is a little blurish, grainy and dull IMO. But the D-Link day pics looks good too.

The sineoji 713V is perfect looking at the pics but is ex..

whatever the case, everyone has its preference, some may prefer this, some that. Factors that I would look into are :

1. Price
2. After sales service.
3. Warranty
4. Real-Time, IP Cameras must be real-time, otherwise defeat the purpose of getting.
Your review is very objective and reliable as it correlates with what people can see from the submitted pictures.

earthlink

Reaction score

jason

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jason, as Pumba suggested, I am also using the ONVIF protocol for my Sineoji camera in Tinycam app.

Did some screenshots settings that might help you. But if you are viewing externally, you have to do port forward and add the respective IP in your router.

tiny_1.jpg

tiny_2.png

http://192.168.xxx.xxx:8081/web/onvif_men.html

Must do Port Forwarding for 8081 (http) and 554 (RTSP).

Discover Camera Vendor : SnooperScope
Camera Model : V1

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.