[PS4 sexperts lip lai] Go for PS4 Pro or PS4 Slim @ 1080p?

stacipher

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
waiting for good lobang to get hd tv at it show next month then intend to get slim...

YongTauFooo

Master Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, you should go for the pro. 100 bucks more for faster processor and better graphics even on a non-4k tv. Certain games in the future will also be "pro-enhanced".
$

Conway

Master Member
Reaction score
if you dont own a ps4 at all. dont be stupid and pls buy a pro. there are enhancements even if you dont have a 4k tv. and its only 100 more.

also fk xbox. asia no market one pls

God Of Pcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually for mi,not much games to play

buy for ff15 and tales series nia

ethan89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, you should go for the pro. 100 bucks more for faster processor and better graphics even on a non-4k tv. Certain games in the future will also be "pro-enhanced".
$

if you dont own a ps4 at all. dont be stupid and pls buy a pro. there are enhancements even if you dont have a 4k tv. and its only 100 more.

also fk xbox. asia no market one pls

Pro will have better graphics even on 1080p for games that support it.

There's a list on GameSpot that says which games will support better graphics even on 1080p.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/every-ps4-pro-game-that-is-and-isnt-getting-an-upg/1100-6443385/

I don't own one yet (fortunately).

But I plan to use it for exclusive titles and JRPGs like Final Fantasy. I understand that most (if not, all) AAA titles are multi-platforms so I will be using my PC for intensive gaming.

I did some reading and found this review quite interesting of how the author describes the PS4 Pro...

"Let me break it to you: even with a 31% faster CPU (2.1GHz), an extra 1GB of memory and over double the graphics power (4.2 TFLOPS), the PS4 Pro won't play your games at 4K. It won't even run every game at 1080p, unlike the promise in Sony's original press release. "The games play on PS4 Pro exactly as they do on the standard model of PS4 unless the game is patched to take advantage of the PS4 Pro capabilities," clarified a Sony rep."

"... or developers can give gamers a high-frame-rate mode for smoother gameplay instead of higher resolution. (Tomb Raider will be the first to use the latter.)"

"Cerny's -- Sony's -- message is that it's up to developers to use the power of the PS4 Pro however they choose, which admittedly makes me wonder if some choose not to use it at all. Because the PS4 Pro won't offer faster game load times (according to Cerny) or any other new features, it wouldn't hurt to wait and see if developers play along."

Source: https://www.cnet.com/news/playstation-4-pro-4k-tv-games-checkerboard-rendering/

lifetolifeless

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$

If pro enhanced are ps4 exclusives then i will buy, otherwise just get a budget ps4 and #PCmasterrace.

No $300 and below no buy for me

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only known title that supports PS4 pro is the upcoming COD infinite warfare
as well as Rise of Tomb raider.

Even if you don't have 4K TV, got budget go for pro cuz faster framerate
and better graphic since it is using AMD new Polaris graphic chip.
How much improvement over the normal PS4, not known yet
since PS4 pro is not out yet along with native games that support
PS4 pro.

If you no budget than just get PS4 slim, HDD size both 500GB and 1TB
is more than enough.
However also up to user to maintain cuz it is impossible to stock
up many games on the PS4 no matter how big the HDD.

These days most games preload onto the PS4, overtime if you got many games the HDD will surely full than you have to remove games you don't need.

These games take up to 30GB of space to preload itself.
30X10 titles, you sure got lost of space.
But of cuz don't go bloat the PS4 as like normal PC, PS4 will slowdown if the HDD is almost used up.

I supposed TS is getting his first PS4? :D
And btw no ahem or Bukit timah games nor crack the PS4.
Want cheap games, there is some retailer got sell second hand
or wait for Greatest hits.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If pro enhanced are ps4 exclusives then i will buy, otherwise just get a budget ps4 and #PCmasterrace.

No $300 and below no buy for me

I doubt PS4 will fall to $300 and below so fast.
Until the day of PS5 or PS Live as future games will be streaming
based no more disc/console than maybe but that will mean at least 5 years. :s13:

FYI the current price Sony selling they are making loss.
http://www.geek.com/games/sony-will...ily-recoup-it-in-games-ps-plus-sales-1571335/
For non Sony fans, you will not know that Sony likes to aggressive price their products.
Like their new Walkman, they are selling at whopping $3k. :s22:

Count yourself fortunate that Sony do not sell the PS4 at $1k or more.
My first PS4 cost me $800 with a game included, now price have drop so counted quite good already.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.