[PS4 sexperts lip lai] Go for PS4 Pro or PS4 Slim @ 1080p?

deathan9el

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
my ps3 now is a dust collector :crazy:
dunno wanna get e new one anot since me rarely hv time for games these days :spin:

Conway

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't own one yet (fortunately).

But I plan to use it for exclusive titles and JRPGs like Final Fantasy. I understand that most (if not, all) AAA titles are multi-platforms so I will be using my PC for intensive gaming.

I did some reading and found this review quite interesting of how the author describes the PS4 Pro...

yes. most games are rendered at 1800p. then checkerboard upscaled to 4k. only a handful will support true 4k render

still. since you dont own a ps4 now. there is no reason to buy the slim once the pro is released. all games that comes after the pro is lainched, have to support both the base model and the pro model. so you will definitely be getting benefits (higher res / better gfx/ better AA)

lifetolifeless

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I doubt PS4 will fall to $300 and below so fast.
Until the day of PS5 or PS Live as future games will be streaming
based no more disc/console than maybe but that will mean at least 5 years. :s13:

FYI the current price Sony selling they are making loss.
http://www.geek.com/games/sony-will...ily-recoup-it-in-games-ps-plus-sales-1571335/
For non Sony fans, you will not know that Sony likes to aggressive price their products.
Like their new Walkman, they are selling at whopping $3k. :s22:

Count yourself fortunate that Sony do not sell the PS4 at $1k or more.
My first PS4 cost me $800 with a game included, now price have drop so counted quite good already.

I can afford to wait. Right now i only gian Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne. The rest are either not enticing to me, or plays better on PC.In mean time just play all my AAAs on PC.

By the time PS4's eminent price drop, we will have tons of GOTYs, greatest hits edition, bundles on sale that i can buy cheaply too.

Heck, by then maybe ps4 jailbreakig has become reality and dont even need to buy games or PS+ liao.

ethan89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can afford to wait. Right now i only gian Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne. The rest are either not enticing to me, or plays better on PC.In mean time just play all my AAAs on PC.

By the time PS4's eminent price drop, we will have tons of GOTYs, greatest hits edition, bundles on sale that i can buy cheaply too.

Heck, by then maybe ps4 jailbreakig has become reality and dont even need to buy games or PS+ liao.

That will be the time when PS5 is coming out... Need to wait till 2018-19 at least :s13:

Same here, I only want to play AAAs on PC. PS4 is for me to satisfy my cravings for JRPGs like Final Fantasy.

That's why moi pondering whether there's a need to spend an additional $100 just for the Pro :o

lifetolifeless

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That will be the time when PS5 is coming out... Need to wait till 2018-19 at least :s13:

Same here, I only want to play AAAs on PC. PS4 is for me to satisfy my cravings for JRPGs like Final Fantasy.

That's why moi pondering whether there's a need to spend an additional $100 just for the Pro :o

FF15 i thought coming on PC? Can play 14 on pc also. As of now i feel the Sony exclusives doesnt justify buying of ps4.

Should just use the money hoot a GTX1070 better. A gfx card can last 3-5 years until u need to upgrade, depending on your graphical demands.

Kapish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ff15 will not come anytime soon to the pc. but i am getting ps4 pro for yakuza 6 in december

ethan89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FF15 i thought coming on PC? Can play 14 on pc also. As of now i feel the Sony exclusives doesnt justify buying of ps4.

Should just use the money hoot a GTX1070 better. A gfx card can last 3-5 years until u need to upgrade, depending on your graphical demands.
Ehh I haven't hear anything that FF15 is coming to PC... I think it's gonna take at least 1-2 years after their debut on PS4 just like FF13, which makes the FF series kinda exclusive in some sense. Ya am playing FF14 on PC. IMO MMORPGs should always be played on PCs for best experience :s12:

Aiming for WoFF at the moment... That's why bobian need a PS4... Waiting for FF7 remake as well :(

Sent from "It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things."
- Theodore Roosevelt using GAGT

fantasyrulz

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Anyway if u want to buy at Nov 10 the chances Of getting it is also low as Sony allocate only 3 sets per stall as check with play e store assistance. Even pre order also not guaranteed...

I'm 4th in the pre order queue so hopefully they can get...

My main reason is to play vr game. Tried it once at their booth at plazasing and was convinced it's the future.

ethan89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway if u want to buy at Nov 10 the chances Of getting it is also low as Sony allocate only 3 sets per stall as check with play e store assistance. Even pre order also not guaranteed...

My main reason is to play vr game. Tried it once at their booth at plazasing and was convinced it's the future.

Good luck mate. But I hope the stocks will be healthy from second or third batch onwards :(

It would be awesome if we can get the PS4 VR to work on PCs too :o

DrBaldwin

Reaction score

Is it possible to buy from Sony direct rather than thru playE?

whatmeworry

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you joking 3 sets per store in Singapore??
Kena troll by shop to promptly place orders is it?

Is ps4 Pro limited edition?

Most shops I know are small, so they just order from stockist as and when needed.

ethan89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you joking 3 sets per store in Singapore??
Kena troll by shop to promptly place orders is it?

Is ps4 Pro limited edition?

Most shops I know are small, so they just order from stockist as and when needed.
I asked around at another shop and it seems that the first (and probably second as well) batch have very limited stocks.

First batch is reserved for those who have pre-ordered. Didn't ask for exact number though.

Sent from "It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things."
- Theodore Roosevelt using GAGT

fantasyrulz

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Got rejected oh man... Was told Singapore 500 sets only..
The second batch still don't even know when will come in.

I requested for refund and left a sad man :(

ethan89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah..limited sets ....

no chance to get it on the 10 nov liao

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.