fiio x1 2nd vs fiio x3 2nd gen

optisailor2002

Reaction score
IMO the difference in price comes in the functionalities rather than the difference in sound quality itself.

If you need your DAP to double as a DAC, then the X3ii is the way to go. However, if you do not then I think just go for the X1 gen 1, since the gen 2 seems to be very buggy now.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What about the X7? Anyone tried? I saw it's very expensive and comes with amp module as an option.

blazin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All sounds different. As the chips inside is different.

I had compared X3II with X1 before. Sound smoother on X3II.

Best if you can try both yourself.

sillyb0y

Master Member
Reaction score
X1 Gen 2 is quite good, why not? :)

Not sure what you mean by 2nd output though...
Okay..

X1 2nd gen 1800mha battery and x3 2nd gen 3000mha battery..

X3 playtime longer than x1? Any review?

If there is big difference for battery life think i will get x3

optisailor2002

Reaction score
Okay..

X1 2nd gen 1800mha battery and x3 2nd gen 3000mha battery..

X3 playtime longer than x1? Any review?

If there is big difference for battery life think i will get x3

Don't think that there is too much of a difference between the x1 and x3 battery lives. The x3 lasts me about 10 hours of play time with high gain with volume at 50-60/120, but I can push it up to about 12 hours if I pair it with an external amp.

The x1 apparently can give you about 12 hours of play time as well (according to the fiio website, but this was at volume level 39 and earphones with lower impedance)...

If you don't require the additional functionalities that come with the x1 gen 2, why don't you just get the gen 1? I believe most retail outlets are selling them at lower prices now that the gen 2 is out... Read that there are some issues with the click wheel, but updating the firmware will resolve the issue based on my brother's experience.

Last edited:

lexjunjie

Reaction score
which one better in term of quality?

i own a x3ii and have tested x1i and my friend's x1ii,

overall if ure looking at "quality"

the shell of the x3> x1, more metallic feel compare to a plastic finish.

in terms of sound signature, i feel x3ii flat eq is less warm compare to x1's signature.

the x1 tends to sound warm while x3 sounds more neutral or brighter at the mids and high.

hope it helps.

Gixxer1000

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i own a x3ii and have tested x1i and my friend's x1ii,

overall if ure looking at "quality"

the shell of the x3> x1, more metallic feel compare to a plastic finish.

in terms of sound signature, i feel x3ii flat eq is less warm compare to x1's signature.

the x1 tends to sound warm while x3 sounds more neutral or brighter at the mids and high.

hope it helps.

So x1 and x1ii sounds the same?

lexjunjie

Reaction score
So x1 and x1ii sounds the same?

tbh, if u bring x1i and x1ii to do blind test i wont be able to tell.

the site claims to be using a diff dac compared to ver1, more features (i.e. bluetooth), slimmer design and they took away the scroll wheel.

my advice is go down and try both players, only get the x3ii if u can ear the diff.

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I disagree; I found the X1 II less sparkly than X1 I (i.e. less trebles)

and_who

Master Member
Reaction score
Very tempted to go and whack the x3ii or x5ii but find their interface quite antiquated. Anyone here has any rumour etc about when the 3rd gen for these models are coming out?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.