[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC88U

donkey

Reaction score
my isp is singtel unlimited bundled package. during the setup, i should choose 'singtel - others'? what r other settings to take care of? i can only reach 300 mbps even wired. Lastly, Ac88 shows theres multiple NAT. how i can fix that?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my isp is singtel unlimited bundled package. during the setup, i should choose 'singtel - others'? what r other settings to take care of? i can only reach 300 mbps even wired. Lastly, Ac88 shows theres multiple NAT. how i can fix that?

choosing singtel-others is correct and that the default settings for LAN should work just fine. make sure you have updated your lan card driver and that your machine is not in power saving mode.

how can your ac88u have multiple NAT? did you misinterpreted the log?

need help. My ISP is singtel. I have got a black color Optical Network Terminal connected to the open net socket. I heard Asus Ac88 can connect directly to the open net socket. One friend of mine said his house doesnt have the black ONT. is it my setup too old?

different ISPs have different set up. some deploy ONT-cum-router device which makes it look like a router more than an ONT. all fibre set ups in singapore needs an ONT, a router will never be able to connect directly to the wall TP. if you look at the back of ac88u, you tell me how are you gonna connect the router to the TP?

Jun Jun

Reaction score
Still having drop issues

Guys, one of my ap is still dropping connection and my laptop lost connection suddenly for a few seconds. This issue is really annoying, I tried all I could so how do I resolve this?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how about some background details?

like was it 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz?

model of your router?

firmware version?

laptop WiFi card model?

your post doesn't really contain much technical info for us to help leh.. :D

Guys, one of my ap is still dropping connection and my laptop lost connection suddenly for a few seconds. This issue is really annoying, I tried all I could so how do I resolve this?

Jun Jun

Reaction score
how about some background details?

like was it 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz?

model of your router?

firmware version?

laptop WiFi card model?

your post doesn't really contain much technical info for us to help leh.. :D

I mentioned everything many posts ago.

In case you did not get it, my model is rt88u, firmware .3941, laptop using intel 8260ac, but my ap also had connection drop.I was on both 2.4ghz for my ap, and 5ghz for my laptop. As for settings wise, I am using the recommended settings in the posts.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
next time quote the story again mah.. who will scroll down so many posts to look for your issue.. :D

have you upgraded the WiFi card driver?

try disable mumimo and see how.

if it's still problematic, you can try to reflash the firmware again and do a reset. or u can go to rma your product.

ac88u will only drop connections when the smart connect mechanism is switching, or that your device has power saving mode turned on.

if your laptop is constantly using, then it shouldn't drop at all.

I mentioned everything many posts ago.

In case you did not get it, my model is rt88u, firmware .3941, laptop using intel 8260ac, but my ap also had connection drop.I was on both 2.4ghz for my ap, and 5ghz for my laptop. As for settings wise, I am using the recommended settings in the posts.

Jun Jun

Reaction score
next time quote the story again mah.. who will scroll down so many posts to look for your issue.. :D

if it's still problematic, you can try to reflash the firmware again and do a reset. or u can go to rma your product.

ac88u will only drop connections when the smart connect mechanism is switching, or that your device has power saving mode turned on.

Mumimo is disabled, i did a reset before and for rma, i already did it a few times. For device power saving mode, it is off, and not only my laptop has issue but my ap also drops the connection.

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score

curious, does MUMIMO increase performance for 5ghz devices?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
in real world performance, you need to have at least 3 or more mumimo devices connected to the same radio, then you'll know the difference comparing to sumimo.

for the time being, mumimo phones will drop to 1x1 due to broadcom driver.. so not helpful actually..

curious, does MUMIMO increase performance for 5ghz devices?

Jun Jun

Reaction score
By the way, any guys face this when using .3941 where the ssid of the network would change to Asus_68 2.4ghz and Asus_68 5ghz when resetting the network?

Jun Jun

Reaction score
Internet connection still dropping from my ap. Guys how do i fix it?Does not say anything in the log. My family very annoyed with this issue alrd:( Btw, do I have to go into recovery mode before I flash the firmware? Also, should I use Merlins firmware?

Last edited:

decker23

Reaction score
just got this router. worst router in my history of switching router. 1GBPS becomes 10mbps with m1 fibre.

flashing to merlin and all the dated firmware doesnt help. Core 1 Usage is @ 100% with one connected client without surfing net. there is a very serious software bug.

cant even reach 100mbps

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just got this router. worst router in my history of switching router. 1GBPS becomes 10mbps with m1 fibre.

flashing to merlin and all the dated firmware doesnt help. Core 1 Usage is @ 100% with one connected client without surfing net. there is a very serious software bug.

cant even reach 100mbps

something is wrong with ur unit uh, if it is as bad as you have claimed, why so many ppl use no such problem :s22: go get it exchanged or smth.

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score

cant even reach 100mbps
U sway got lemon la.. I using mine for nearly a year no issue at all

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U sway got lemon la.. I using mine for nearly a year no issue at all

ppl nowadays damn fast jump the gun without checking, use already see got issues, immediately blame product for being cui, worst and everything, for all we know, could be user problem :s22: nowadays, everything getting smarter, user must be smart too, you must fine-tune ur router setting and update to stable firmware, i believe the user base for ac88u is quite huge in hwz, alot of users here own 1 unit. if really so cui, why everyone still buying? :s11:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.