WhizComms, new Fibre Broadband provider

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sticking with M1, sure match $29 for 1Gbps in 1+ years time when I renew.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sticking with M1, sure match $29 for 1Gbps in 1+ years time when I renew.
Should be la if M1 still want to be cheapest in town. A few days ago i already mentioned waiting for M1 to knockdown the price to $29 for 1Gbps plan.

Last edited:

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Should be la if M1 still want to be cheapest in town. A few days ago i already mentioned waiting for M1 to knockdown the price to $29 for 1Gbps plan.

You slowly wait lor, won't be so soon.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Unless really too many people jumped over.

If they step up their marketing then everybody will lose some customers to them, not just M1. In fact, SH probably got the most to lose from this since ST indirectly gains from selling wholesale to Whiz.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If they step up their marketing then everybody will lose some customers to them, not just M1. In fact, SH probably got the most to lose from this since ST indirectly gains from selling wholesale to Whiz.

Actually after i jumped over to M1 i heard many ST users say ST improved a lot so i guess many people (perhap > 5k) will start to jump to this new isp. When VQ was new in Sg, many people jumped over. I guess SH and M1 will loss more customers so it will be wiser to knock down their price earlier to prevent people from jumping over.

UptheToon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone willing to try this out? Will it be good? Quite tempting.

natzboyz

Reaction score
how to survive? Aren't they just renting the "fibre line" from SH/M1/Singtel?

Price war sure not sustainable

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
how to survive? Aren't they just renting the "fibre line" from SH/M1/Singtel?

Price war sure not sustainable

They're just buying from Singtel at wholesale rates.

secureshell

Reaction score
The Managing Director of WhizComms is also the Managing Director of Phoenix Comms, the company that sells prepaid IDD cards. He's an ex Singtel guy. The office address for WhizComms is also the address for Phoenix Comms.

WhizComms = Phoenix Comms

singtel in disguise

UptheToon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If they are cheap and stable connection. Why not? Who cares singtel or not.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If they are cheap and stable connection. Why not? Who cares singtel or not.

Cheap yes but stable nobody knows. Then again, if it's the same stability as ST, ST customers must be fuming why on earth are they paying so much for the same shyt :s22:

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cheap yes but stable nobody knows. Then again, if it's the same stability as ST, ST customers must be fuming why on earth are they paying so much for the same shyt :s22:

New provider of course must promote service at a cheaper price. If comparable, who would give a try?

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If their customers have problem, do their backend have direct access to resolve the problem? Or they can only tell customers "We have escalated to Singtel for solution"?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If their customers have problem, do their backend have direct access to resolve the problem? Or they can only tell customers "We have escalated to Singtel for solution"?

well i don't think so they will say that. if you tell me the engineers rectifying the issue are from singtel, this one i believe..

Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol like this end up its singtel **** XD

well its still different i suppose. whizcomm comes out with their own business strategy and merely use the existing infrastructure to deliver their services.

deathblade82

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.