MS Surface Phone

bitwise

Reaction score
Expected to launch one year from now.

Surface Phone and huge Windows 10 Mobile Redstone 2 update slated for April 2017

Will it be too late? Or will it have ground breaking new features that it will finally make MS' phone platform a threat to Android and iPhone?

Personally, I think MS is serious with the mobile side. I mean what's the use of their big UWP project without the phone factor? Realistically, I believe MS goal now is to be like the Apple of mobile space. They might settle for 20% of the whole pie.

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
App wise MS still have a lot to catch up. Plus they have stopped the android windows bridge project for android apps to work on windows. Not sure what they are doing but in order for them to come back with a bang.. They need to have a break through. Android and iOS are so well established in terms of hardware and software so MS need to find its niche in this competitive market

Ibodnano

Reaction score
don't care if it is called Lumia or surface phone, it is how much advancement the camera will make which I care for.

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
SURFACE操作系統用在平板電腦產品上已經好失敗佐。。。仲要用在手機上?

Rickosw

Reaction score
don't care if it is called Lumia or surface phone, it is how much advancement the camera will make which I care for.

50MP (Xenon Flash) F1.8 with RAW FORMAT - U go big or u go home ! :D:D:D

ps: really miss L1020 camera

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Surface phone is closer than we think ?

Famed tech leaker Evan blass has leaked images of the mythical surface phone and apparently its closer to final product than we think :)

7jfuqfN.jpg

And a series of apparently real life photos?

qA51t2E.jpg

images from evleaks twitter
http://https://twitter.com/evleaks?lang=en

Last edited:

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but I abit hesitant of large phablets, the 950xl was already too big for me already

One thing I am skeptical is that Evan blass mentioned about intel chip. As for as I remember , intel has ceased development of mobile grade processors and unless they are putting an actual i series chip inside, how can they solve the cooling and battery life issues?

Looks very similar to L1520 except thinner.

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
False alarm, it seems the renders and pictures were based on a prev dell mini tablet that was designed to run the intel atom processor with early continuum like functionality. The project was cancelled once intel dropped the atom processors. Was too good to be true :(

Yeah, but I abit hesitant of large phablets, the 950xl was already too big for me already

One thing I am skeptical is that Evan blass mentioned about intel chip. As for as I remember , intel has ceased development of mobile grade processors and unless they are putting an actual i series chip inside, how can they solve the cooling and battery life issues?

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Windows today demoed running g full windows 10 on a SD835.
Will a surface class mobile device be possible?

Microsoft shows off Windows 10 on ARM in action http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-shows-windows-10-arm-action

Think it is possible. :)

I think it would be a good if the eco system is there on the Windows store.

Many manufacturers have been toying with the idea of one device for mobile, work and play.
Starting from the Motorola Atrix to HP's Elite X3 devices. Even recently Samsung's S8 series has a phone to monitor dock (dEX) that transforms the phone into a pseudo all in one device

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think it is possible. :)

I think it would be a good if the eco system is there on the Windows store.

Many manufacturers have been toying with the idea of one device for mobile, work and play.
Starting from the Motorola Atrix to HP's Elite X3 devices. Even recently Samsung's S8 series has a phone to monitor dock (dEX) that transforms the phone into a pseudo all in one device
https://www.windowscentral.com/hp-lenovo-asus-snapdragon-835-windows10-pcs/

With this does it mean the surface class mobile device is finally coming ? :p

MasterChief86

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.