Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

petty blue

Master Member
Reaction score
National Jr pass not covered on Nozomi trains along the Tokaido/Sanyo Shinkans. Just checking is there a better and quicker route to get to Osaka , Kyoto from Tokyo?

deartan

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just realize that the first day we will be in Japan is their Thanksgiving Day. Gonna travel on the Shinkansen from Shinagawa (or maybe Tokyo Station) to Nagoya, then the Wide Hida to Takayama on that very day. Previously my main worry was the morning rush hour crowd but since it is their public holiday, will it also be crowded in the early morning? Am traveling in a group of 7 including 2 kids.

We will touch down at 6am on the 23rd Nov and got to rush to collect our JR passes also. Will it be better to collect our JR passes at Tokyo Station instead of waiting for Haneda JR office to open at 7:45am? And the chances of getting seats should be higher at Tokyo Station right?

Sorry super noob here, first time doing free and easy trip in Japan. First trip to Japan was years ago joining a tour agency.

Thank you in advance!

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Take ur pass at airport then start ur trip... U can use it on the nex... Do everything at shinnogawa...less ppl..

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where at shinjuku is a good places to shop? I am not looking at malls...

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My gf wants to shop... Clothes, snacks.. , but we did pass by some jav street yesterday.. Haha.. Please help

Would help if you clarify what kind of things you're looking to buy. Clothes? Souvenirs? Snacks? JAV DVDs?

deartan

Reaction score
Take ur pass at airport then start ur trip... U can use it on the nex... Do everything at shinnogawa...less ppl..

I guess I can only do it this way. :(

But I saw that a few commented that the JR office in Haneda Airport only have 2 counters and the queue is usually long.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My gf wants to shop... Clothes, snacks.. , but we did pass by some jav street yesterday.. Haha.. Please help

I'm not a fan of shopping so I can't help here, but if you are desperate for an answer, why don't just Google for some shopping places with your gf's requirement in mind? :s11: Got internet to come edmw ask, sure can go Google what...?

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes the q is abit long.. But it's worth the wait

I guess I can only do it this way. :(

But I saw that a few commented that the JR office in Haneda Airport only have 2 counters and the queue is usually long.

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks man

I'm not a fan of shopping so I can't help here, but if you are desperate for an answer, why don't just Google for some shopping places with your gf's requirement in mind? :s11: Got internet to come edmw ask, sure can go Google what...?

Bertrand Traore

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Close down hwz sua, since everything "supposedly" can be googled. Ppl asking for advises only.

Got internet to entertain urself, sure can dun come here shoot ppl what...?

thwysg

Reaction score

Harajuku towards Omotesando and Shibuya for clothes. Actually Shinjuku - can go to Mylord. Lots of small shops in the building selling ladies stuff.

Snacks go to departmental store basements or Tokyo station. Ameyoko in Ueno is another place to look for shoes and snacks.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Close down hwz sua, since everything "supposedly" can be googled. Ppl asking for advises only.

Got internet to entertain urself, sure can dun come here shoot ppl what...?

He asked at early morning. By noon still no one replied. So I just told him if desperate then go Google instead of waiting. Liddat oso wrong?

Bertrand Traore

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He asked at early morning. By noon still no one replied. So I just told him if desperate then go Google instead of waiting. Liddat oso wrong?

i think if he asked in the morning and no one replied he would have googled it himself alr :s22: or maybe he is asking for the next day/few days coming. just dun see the need to shoot him instead of giving constructive feedbacks

yanbros

Master Member
Reaction score
i think if he asked in the morning and no one replied he would have googled it himself alr :s22: or maybe he is asking for the next day/few days coming. just dun see the need to shoot him instead of giving constructive feedbacks

Got nothing good to say, just keep to yourself. Lets practice some self control and etiquette :)

deartan

Reaction score
About 30mins or more.. Coz I and my gf had to go to the washroom.. Then the next flight was full of ang mo... So they took up most of the q..

😱😱

Okie, then we shall try to rush to get to the JR office as fast as possible.

Thank you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.