WhizComms, new Fibre Broadband provider

SiaoAngMoh

Reaction score
Then M1 1Gbps is good but i would recommend upgrading the router to ASUS RT-AC68U to get the AiProtection which everyone need.

For people that know what they are doing, turn that shyt off. Every site you visit is logged by Trend Micro with that AiProtection enabled.

In your case, might be good to leave on. :s13:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For people that know what they are doing, turn that shyt off. Every site you visit is logged by Trend Micro with that AiProtection enabled.

In your case, might be good to leave on. :s13:
Please do not mislead others. Nowadays, ransomware can lock your PC and ask you to pay ramsonsome and many cases reported to police. Please watch our Crimewatch. Such protection should always be switch on as it provide the security everyone need. In the olden day such security really slow your internet down but today it is not because it has local CDN and real time protection is provided over the cloud locally. Trend Micro do not log your personal data at all. It uses their white and black listing. It has known malware site filtering. Security suite is a must today. Internet banking is also another concern.

Last edited:

jury_pack

Master Member
Reaction score
Please do not mislead others. Nowadays, ransomware can lock your PC and ask you to pay ramsonsome and many cases reported to police. Please watch our Crimewatch. Such protection should always be switch on as it provide the security everyone need. In the olden day such security really slow your internet down but today it is not because it has local CDN and real time protection is provided over the cloud locally. Trend Micro do not log your personal data at all. It uses their white and black listing. It has known malware site filtering.

Wa.... Now CEO for trendmicro liao. FYI, Norton, trendmicro, McAfee all tracks, logs all internet activity and uploads back to their servers for analysis. Ransomware, of you are not stupid to any how download from unknown source or open unknown zip files. What is there to worry?

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wa.... Now CEO for trendmicro liao. FYI, Norton, trendmicro, McAfee all tracks, logs all internet activity and uploads back to their servers for analysis. Ransomware, of you are not stupid to any how download from unknown source or open unknown zip files. What is there to worry?
Do you know how many users are using them. Can not afford to log. Virus and worm are not so simple like what you think or else security company all closed down. Even big companies worldwide use security suite. For home user they do not log personal data and it will be over write after ~2 weeks. There are too many home users so they will only provide a solution when u call them for help. Worm can download itself in the background without the user knowing it.

Last edited:

Kapish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

malicious payloads can be delivered via legitimate sites especially through adobe flash plugin, basically malvertising. reason why ddos attacks are still a major problem in the world is because of ignorant users like you. trendmicro aiprotection is just like google safe browsing. comparing the sites you visit against their malicious site list.

jury_pack

Master Member
Reaction score
malicious payloads can be delivered via legitimate sites especially through adobe flash plugin, basically malvertising. reason why ddos attacks are still a major problem in the world is because of ignorant users like you. trendmicro aiprotection is just like google safe browsing. comparing the sites you visit against their malicious site list.
Me? What me? Oh crap. Please, I don't even use Norton or trendmicro or McAfee. Trendmicro aiprotection does more than what Google does. But of course is up to you to think whether do they do logging or not lor.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Me? What me? Oh crap. Please, I don't even use Norton or trendmicro or McAfee. Trendmicro aiprotection does more than what Google does. But of course is up to you to think whether do they do logging or not lor.
Even if they log so what? The most is log by ip address only and the log will be overwrite ~ 2 weeks as too many users so they can not afford to keep it for too long and most people using dynamic ip address. There are so many users worldwide so they will not have so much time to monitor a home user. May be corperate user they may monitor a bit. It is safe to use such security suite and so many companies worldwide are using it. Virus is not so simple as you think. If you get hit by ransomware or spyware i will start laughing for sure.

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My best guess wld be what ST is using now lor. Since, they using ST infra to deliver the service. And the ONT usually have to be from the same vendor as the OLT.
Most likely la. Singtel has two ONT and one of them is ZTE and i think the other one is Alcatel ONT.

UptheToon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My best guess wld be what ST is using now lor. Since, they using ST infra to deliver the service. And the ONT usually have to be from the same vendor as the OLT.

You mean aztech router? Damn lousy that one.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mean aztech router? Damn lousy that one.

singtel doesn't use aztech nowadays, they use a brand new arcadyan made OEM model.

Also, sharing the infrastructure with singtel doesn't mean they also use vlan, i guess only whiz can advise better on this..

deathblade82

Reaction score
Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

UptheToon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U login and sign up already ?

I'm doing it now. When I sign up they asking if I would like to add SGD 98.00 for AirLive 1200R router.
Specs as listed below.

2.4 G/5G Dual Band Concurrent, 802.11ac + b/g/n, 3 dBi detachable MIMO Antenna, Data rate up to 1200 Mbps, Output Power max 23dBm, 10/100/1000 LANx4, and Concurrent users up to 64.

Should I take anot? Top 98.00. Please advise urgently.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.