Sony MDR1000X

chanbri

Reaction score
Anybody has this? Would like to hear your personal take on this. I'm on the fence to buy this and still checking if this is value for the money or there are better alternatives at this price point.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No alternatives for this since MDR-1000X is a popular wireless headset given it is loaded with tons of features.

simonsez

Reaction score
I am looking to get this as well.
Sony Days does not seem to have a promotion on this though...

lunarsong

Reaction score
given the price point, Bose QC35 is probably the next alternative

i personally feel 1000x is the best wireless headphone, but see if u can justify the extra cost of the 1000x for features which you can do without

chanbri

Reaction score
Was comparing these with the QC35, perhaps with Sennheisser Momentum 2.0 Wireless as well.
Have tried auditions with both QC35 and the Sony. Sony wins in features and SQ for me. Comfort goes to QC35.

I'm a bit concern on the leather parts though as those will flake off in time.....

robertcooper

Reaction score
Was comparing these with the QC35, perhaps with Sennheisser Momentum 2.0 Wireless as well.
Have tried auditions with both QC35 and the Sony. Sony wins in features and SQ for me. Comfort goes to QC35.

I'm a bit concern on the leather parts though as those will flake off in time.....

Can always replace the pads, I'm sure service centres stocks them.

mac_oasis

Master Member
Reaction score
given the price point, Bose QC35 is probably the next alternative

i personally feel 1000x is the best wireless headphone, but see if u can justify the extra cost of the 1000x for features which you can do without

I second that. i feel that its the best bluetooth headset currently.

GegeV2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows the prices in Japan? if its cheaper to get from there (i be heading there in jan)

simonsez

Reaction score
I bought these. Took full advantage of Qoo10's 100$ coupon + Stereo's 10% off!!!
I am enjoying these so far. Definitely recommend over Bose QC35. I find the. noise isolation better with more intelligent features (ambient modes + quick listen - really useful)

audioenslave

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
letting go sony mdr-1000x gotten over christmas with full set + receipt below retail price

Interested pls pm me.

sry to hijack this thread

Winston7222

Reaction score
Anyone knows the prices in Japan? if its cheaper to get from there (i be heading there in jan)

Just back from Japan, it's priced at about 41,200 yen (IIRC) for Sony Overseas Model, which comes international warranty. Available @ Ginza store as well as airport.

GegeV2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you able to claim tax refund?

Just back from Japan, it's priced at about 41,200 yen (IIRC) for Sony Overseas Model, which comes international warranty. Available @ Ginza store as well as airport.

Winston7222

Reaction score
Are you able to claim tax refund?

I believe the price is already before tax as it's the same price in the airport tax free area.

As for Bose qc35, the price is 37,000 yen before tax.

Advise to buy from Sony Ginza or those tax free shop like Big Camera as they will process the tax refund directly when you pass them your passport and only pay for "before tax price".

Hope this helps.

delrosa81

Reaction score
Im more of a bass person and I actually got the Sony 1ABT over the 1000X. I prefer the design of the 1ABT as well. If U r looking at this category, why not consider the B&O Beoplay H9? IMO the sound is superior to the 1ABT and defintely the 1000X and price is approx. Close due to ongoing promo with POSB for the B&O.

GegeV2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help!

Got the overseas model
The black version is sold out at most places in Tokyo, SONY Store @ Ginza, Bic Camera etc.
SONY Store at Nagoya and Osaka have stocks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.