Malaysia prepaid card

leonardo83

Reaction score
if i topup RM5, that day 49 will be day 1 of 5 of active period. on day 6, it will be day 1 of 50 for the inactive period.

just repeat the cycle to keep the line alive.

i normally enter JB once a month.... so just prior to entering jb, i do the topup and get weekend free 2gb data.

Thanks alot

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DiGi Best @ Giant Nusa Bestari (Bukit Indah)

Anyone wanting to get a DiGi Best SIM pack and happens to be in Bukit Indah, you may want to head to the dealer on the ground floor of Giant Nusa Bestari.

Their SIM packs have no compulsory reload or data subscription, while they also have 2 other tiers of nicer numbers priced at RM30 and RM50 more.

Meanwhile, for Maxis Hotlink Fast, since the City Square dealer is still having "system upgrading" issue, can try the one in Sutera Mall if you're in that area. A friend bought a SIM pack from there at RM10 a couple of months back, with no compulsory whatever.

Lampard

Reaction score
will my hotlink fast prepaid balance fortified once it becomes inactive ? how to keep it alive ?

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will my hotlink fast prepaid balance fortified once it becomes inactive ? how to keep it alive ?

HTH~~~

What is the lifecycle of Hotlink FAST Plan?

Hotlink FAST Plan gives you a 5-day active period upon activation with an additional 50-day credit grace period.

What is ‘credit grace’ period (or known previously as ‘deactive’ period)?

During the credit grace period, you can only receive incoming call and SMS. To be able to make call, SMS, & surf the internet, please perform a top up. To avoid service cancellation, please top-up before the end of the credit grace period.

What will happen to my unused credit in credit grace period?

Your unused credit in grace period will be frozen, and you can only receive incoming calls and SMS. Upon your next top up, unused credit balance can be used with your Top Up amount.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RM1/day quite expensive if extend longer, no wonder comes with free weekend data.
Validity 365 was removed from Hotlink Fast when they started giving free weekend data.

Thanks, cannot use credit balance to extend right?
Not for Maxis Hotlink.

Can use credit transfer to reactive your card, but you won't be able to use data, whether free or otherwise.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thinking of taking a coach to kl, is there places at tbs that I can buy new sim card?
TBS, no idea... maybe U Mobile or DiGi Live from the newstand or 7-Eleven if it's there. If your coach makes a break stop at Lucky Garden (Yong Peng), there's a DiGi booth there.

Which Malaysia prepaid card should I get , for a 2D1N trip? Mainly for data . Please advise
Maxis Hotlink Fast.

fatfleaz

Reaction score
I bought a digi live card during my last trip and planning to keep the number long term. Will be making a few trips over the next 2 months.

From digi's website, it appears there's no free data plan if I topup credit? Data is only available by purchasing data plan. So it might be cheaper to buy a new card instead?

Thanks.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Spotted a DiGi booth right smack in JB CIQ building, few steps from the customs clearance. Pretty good business. :D

First link , that is.

Last edited:

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Prepaid in Dual SIM smartphone

Hi
i wonder if anyone using Prepaid on Dual SIM smartphone?
i.e main SIM in slot1 & prepaid in slot2

is it possible to have 1 whatsapp using either SIM?

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi
i wonder if anyone using Prepaid on Dual SIM smartphone?
i.e main SIM in slot1 & prepaid in slot2

is it possible to have 1 whatsapp using either SIM?

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you are connected to internet.

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok thanks! guess i give a try when i go JB again
usually only stay for a day there. occasionally several days if i head to KUL or PEN. main use for internet, whatsapp, facebook, hoping to try uber/grab

bear with me, as i'm still quite new with these prepaid =:p
1. Let's say i get Digi BEST RM8 preloaded with RM5 valid for 30days
https://new.digi.com.my/prepaid-plans

2. then i simply subscribe to RM1 50MB for 1 day
https://new.digi.com.my/prepaid-addons#Daily-Weekly

3. so once 30days up, any unused credits will expire and i will have to reload with new credits

are steps correct??? thanks!
Shouldn't be a problem as long as you are connected to internet.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.