Car rental in Perth, Western Australia

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
Strangely enough, my last car rental with Avis, they didn't take a deposit.. But typically between 200-500$

I don't think Hertz takes deposits from me either but I'm some sort of a member so the treatment might be different. Most of my rentals are with Hertz as their IT system isn't very good and I can usually get very good discounts off it. :s13:

Quasar

Reaction score
I don't think Hertz takes deposits from me either but I'm some sort of a member so the treatment might be different. Most of my rentals are with Hertz as their IT system isn't very good and I can usually get very good discounts off it. :s13:
I believe they don't need a deposit because your cc is on file with them already when you paid/booked. Somewhere in the long list of T&Cs you ticked it says they can charge you without further authorization for any fines, tolls, and damage incurred during the rental. Same goes for the Avis.

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have two Toyota Kluger from Hertz right now. Deposit is $300 each because it's a hertz franchisee.

This vehicle is a 7 seater SUV but note it's only 2WD so no offroading is possible. Comes equipped with 3.5l v6 engine option - plenty of torque available but at times too much torque for the front wheel to handle (traction control keep kicking in when flooring from standstill). Good for families of 5 with luggages

Fuel consumption wise - ard 10l/100 for highway and 18l/100km for city driving

Last edited:

spurman

Reaction score
Anyone used rentalcars.com in perth???

Kinda like vroomvroom 3rd party link up site. But prices seems cheaper sia. They have option for full coverage. But not sure how full sia.

actigenE

Reaction score
Anyone used rentalcars.com in perth???

Kinda like vroomvroom 3rd party link up site. But prices seems cheaper sia. They have option for full coverage. But not sure how full sia.

if u run a search online, some horror stories. Actually why not just go direct for peace of mind?

spurman

Reaction score
if u run a search online, some horror stories. Actually why not just go direct for peace of mind?

This 3rd party site offers comprenhensive coverage at lower price though but then how comprehensive i dunno sia.

spurman

Reaction score

This 3rd party site offers comprenhensive coverage at lower price though but then how comprehensive i dunno sia.

Quasar

Reaction score
These aggregator websites are only agents, referring you to rental companies to sell you the insurance. The actual rental contract is signed on the spot when you pick up the car later.

Unless you know what you are doing, chances are you will end up buying another "comprehensive insurance" on the spot at the rental company. Direct is generally the best for car rental companies unless they are using franchisee operations. Search a bit more and you can find discount codes for most of the major operations.

spurman

Reaction score
These aggregator websites are only agents, referring you to rental companies to sell you the insurance. The actual rental contract is signed on the spot when you pick up the car later.

Unless you know what you are doing, chances are you will end up buying another "comprehensive insurance" on the spot at the rental company. Direct is generally the best for car rental companies unless they are using franchisee operations. Search a bit more and you can find discount codes for most of the major operations.

Thanka for the insight bro

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got money to go traveling but no money to pay fines, so cheapskate.....:eek: No wonder this world is in a mess...

If you really stay in Australia before, you should compare their driving habits to the driving habits here, one is certainly 1st world standards, while the other is still in 3rd world standards....

I am indeed living here? What for pay unnecessary fines if there's no harm trying to appeal?

owenowenno

Reaction score
Was in Perth Airport International arrival On 5 dec Morning 5.50am,
Hertz and Avis counter already manned at the time
The queue is longer for hertz than avis,by maybe 30% more

For those using Red spot, please find out if u have go to their domestic terminal as it was not manned for the 50 mins there when i was selecting my car from Hertz or maybe they start later

also found out, For Hertz, on the spot booking of rental car is more expensive the advance booking
Luckily i pre book 2 days earlier

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.