Malaysia prepaid card

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok thanks! guess i give a try when i go JB again
usually only stay for a day there. occasionally several days if i head to KUL or PEN. main use for internet, whatsapp, facebook, hoping to try uber/grab

are steps correct??? thanks!

Please refer to this link for more details, basically it will able clear all your queries. :)

https://new.digi.com.my/cs/Satellite/Page/tnc/default/tnc_digi_prepaid_best

Anyway I will focus on the data part.

After activate your 'new' DIGI Prepaid Best, dial *888*1# to redeem free 300MB internet (valid for 7days), this will sufficient if you are light data user.

Beside that, you can download their DIGI app to another 1 GB data for free (only for newbie); please refer to this: https://new.digi.com.my/promotion/mydigi-newbie.

Or Make RM1 IDD calls and get 200MB Internet, wait for their SMS notification and then dial *888*1# within 24 hours of receiving this SMS.

This Prepaid Best SIM also come with basic internet for social messaging (64kbps speed capped @ 500MB/month) which will able you to whatsApp, wechat

Another key thing that need to look at is SIM Card Lifecycle

• Upon activation of a SIM card, the status of SIM card will be updated to Active state that will last for a 30-day period. Active state means a Subscriber is allowed to make outgoing and incoming calls or SMS or any type of services including Internet access.

• If there is no reload activities performed after the Active state and with credit balance available in the SIM card, then a Subscriber will not be able to use any Digi services, but is able to receive incoming calls and SMS.

• If during the Active state but before end of Active state validity period, a Subscriber has utilized all the credit balance, then a Subscriber will not be able to use any Digi services, but is able to receive incoming calls and SMS.

• Number of days given to a Subscriber to receive incoming calls and SMS is 75 days upon expiry of Active state validity period, but no outgoing transactions are allowed unless reload is performed.

• Upon reaching 75 days validity period, if there is still no reload activities performed, the status of SIM card will be changed to Suspended (R2) whereby a Subscriber will not be allowed to receive incoming or outgoing calls or SMS except for automated SMS from Digi.

• Upon the following day of the Suspended state, the status of the SIM card will be changed to Terminated state and a Subscriber will not be able to obtain back the mobile number or any remaining credit balance or freebies in the SIM card.

HTH...=:p

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Friend was at Maxis Center Taman Molek, and told they don't sell the Hotlink Tablet SIM packs anymore.

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:eek: the fine prints so many clauses :s22:
thanks! :D
Please refer to this link for more details, basically it will able clear all your queries. :)

https://new.digi.com.my/cs/Satellite/Page/tnc/default/tnc_digi_prepaid_best

Anyway I will focus on the data part.

After activate your 'new' DIGI Prepaid Best, dial *888*1# to redeem free 300MB internet (valid for 7days), this will sufficient if you are light data user.

Beside that, you can download their DIGI app to another 1 GB data for free (only for newbie); please refer to this: https://new.digi.com.my/promotion/mydigi-newbie.

Or Make RM1 IDD calls and get 200MB Internet, wait for their SMS notification and then dial *888*1# within 24 hours of receiving this SMS.

This Prepaid Best SIM also come with basic internet for social messaging (64kbps speed capped @ 500MB/month) which will able you to whatsApp, wechat

Another key thing that need to look at is SIM Card Lifecycle

• Upon activation of a SIM card, the status of SIM card will be updated to Active state that will last for a 30-day period. Active state means a Subscriber is allowed to make outgoing and incoming calls or SMS or any type of services including Internet access.

• If there is no reload activities performed after the Active state and with credit balance available in the SIM card, then a Subscriber will not be able to use any Digi services, but is able to receive incoming calls and SMS.

• If during the Active state but before end of Active state validity period, a Subscriber has utilized all the credit balance, then a Subscriber will not be able to use any Digi services, but is able to receive incoming calls and SMS.

• Number of days given to a Subscriber to receive incoming calls and SMS is 75 days upon expiry of Active state validity period, but no outgoing transactions are allowed unless reload is performed.

• Upon reaching 75 days validity period, if there is still no reload activities performed, the status of SIM card will be changed to Suspended (R2) whereby a Subscriber will not be allowed to receive incoming or outgoing calls or SMS except for automated SMS from Digi.

• Upon the following day of the Suspended state, the status of the SIM card will be changed to Terminated state and a Subscriber will not be able to obtain back the mobile number or any remaining credit balance or freebies in the SIM card.

HTH...=:p

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Omg, last hope in danga for jb area...

As in they won't be selling this plan anymore, I understand.

When this plan was first launched, the stock arrived in Taman Molek first. I went to Danga Bay but stock didn't arrive at their side yet, so I'd to head to Taman Molek where they'd a whole lot displayed.

Second visit to Danga Bay to change SIM card, they only had 3 pieces left then.

This time round, I'm not sure Danga Bay will have anything if there's nothing left in Taman Molek. I may be wrong... let's hope I'm wrong... =:p

Friend was taking his own sweet time to find/replace his lost card, until i warned him that this plan may become history altogether, so he won't be able to buy a new pack eventually.

Notice their website only lists the Maxis Centers in Penang, Melaka, and KL area. Nothing in JB for this plan...

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As in they won't be selling this plan anymore, I understand.

When this plan was first launched, the stock arrived in Taman Molek first. I went to Danga Bay but stock didn't arrive at their side yet, so I'd to head to Taman Molek where they'd a whole lot displayed.

Second visit to Danga Bay to change SIM card, they only had 3 pieces left then.

This time round, I'm not sure Danga Bay will have anything if there's nothing left in Taman Molek. I may be wrong... let's hope I'm wrong... =:p

Friend was taking his own sweet time to find/replace his lost card, until i warned him that this plan may become history altogether, so he won't be able to buy a new pack eventually.

Notice their website only lists the Maxis Centers in Penang, Melaka, and KL area. Nothing in JB for this plan...

The validity of this tablet plan cannot be extended right even though we do a top up to add on the data ?

Mine going to expire soon...:(

sydney16

Reaction score
Went to the website for maxis hot link pass. How do I purchase? I will probably get the 2gb at 3rm . That should be sufficient for my 2D1N trip

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to the website for maxis hot link pass. How do I purchase? I will probably get the 2gb at 3rm . That should be sufficient for my 2D1N trip

Can you share the link on this pass? They normally have the steps there somewhere.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The validity of this tablet plan cannot be extended right even though we do a top up to add on the data ?

Mine going to expire soon...:(

I think the validity of the card will be extended when you reload an expiring tablet SIM, but the validity of the existing data package cannot be extended.

What I did the last time was just to reload, then subscribe to the only 365 days data package, which is the 2GB one, though I don't really use that much within a year.

I've one expiring in 2 months' time. =:p

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the validity of the card will be extended when you reload an expiring tablet SIM, but the validity of the existing data package cannot be extended.

What I did the last time was just to reload, then subscribe to the only 365 days data package, which is the 2GB one, though I don't really use that much within a year.

I've one expiring in 2 months' time. =:p

That mean I will need to reload a few days before the 'official' 1 year period, wait until the existing data package expire and then subscribe a brand new '2GB' data to extend the SIM card validity?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That mean I will need to reload a few days before the 'official' 1 year period, wait until the existing data package expire and then subscribe a brand new '2GB' data to extend the SIM card validity?

Yup, just about what I did. Though back then I did it before the expiry since we couldn't roam with this plan, had to do it during a day-trip over. :D

kitkat2

Reaction score
thinking of taking a coach to kl, is there places at tbs that I can buy new sim card?

in kl there are many places that you can get at official retail prices: kk mart, mynews.

or you can take train to midvalley for digi flagship store or to kl sentral for maxis.

kitkat2

Reaction score
So it might be cheaper to buy a new card instead?

Thanks.

you are so smart. but many singaporeans like to own a permanent malaysian number :)

if you are getting digi, get an extra card for your next trip. dont let the seller open the packaging and activate it for you. activate it yourself by making the first call on your next visit :)

Last edited:

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, just about what I did. Though back then I did it before the expiry since we couldn't roam with this plan, had to do it during a day-trip over. :D

You mean top up or subscribe the data package? Thought few days back we were able to receive roaming SMS.

Still thinking should I extend or let it lapse and get the Hotlink Fast instead. =:p

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mean top up or subscribe the data package? Thought few days back we were able to receive roaming SMS.

Still thinking should I extend or let it lapse and get the Hotlink Fast instead. =:p

Ya, but back then roaming wasn't enabled yet. Over 6 months to a year already.

We weren't able to roam back then, thus I reload and subscribe at the same time, when I went over to JB.

Now, yes, can do it at the comfort of your own home. :D

Depending on what you want from the card. For me, I'll just keep at least one tablet plan which I can conveniently pop into a dual SIM phone, get the network, and use the data without having to do anything else. Oh, no one has tried making calls with this? I've only tried calling but didn't wait for it to be picked up. If can, and one doesn't need the free weekend data from Fast... :s13:

fifoent

Reaction score
TBS, no idea... maybe U Mobile or DiGi Live from the newstand or 7-Eleven if it's there. If your coach makes a break stop at Lucky Garden (Yong Peng), there's a DiGi booth there.

Maxis Hotlink Fast.

in kl there are many places that you can get at official retail prices: kk mart, mynews.

or you can take train to midvalley for digi flagship store or to kl sentral for maxis.

thanks for the input

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whether to set to partner network when we're roaming

To cut a long story short, I noticed a deduction on a card and was told it's for data roaming, though the option has never been put on in any of my phones. Their proof is that I was hooked on their roaming partner's network.

I recall that when I once set the network for a U Mobile card to Singtel/M1 instead of Starhub, I received a message saying that I'll not be able to use data roaming if I'm not on their partner's network.

Now I'm thinking of changing all my cards to networks other than their partners'. Do you think this is feasible?

Anyone knows? :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.