Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

eekee

Reaction score
Think this is a known issue for this model, perhaps switching to using flash drive will have less problem.

Personally I'm using a cheap PRC model and so far dun have issue with recording on a 32GB flash drive.

As for your second question, dun really get what you're asking.

Second question: is there there a way to share my Draco antenna with my TV and AC Ryan?

Yup AC Ryan sucks.. Thought by passing more will get better quality..

Any link to the PC model that you're using? 32gb can record how many hours?

Last edited:

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Second question: is there there a way to share my Draco antenna with my TV and AC Ryan?

Yup AC Ryan sucks.. Thought by passing more will get better quality..

Any link to the PC model that you're using? 32gb can record how many hours?

AFAIK, indoor antenna are not meant to be share but someone has use a single passive antenna for his entire BTO flat. Check his setup here.

PRC refer to People Republic of China, so any model will work. K2 is the more popular one. Didn't really take note about the diskspace usage, should be able to last a number of hours.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
antenna need to be near windows...this is so so backward in terms of technology...MDA power!

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The cables can't directly connect... But I used some tapes to keep them together and after some adjustment, working! Thanks for the advice!

Now... Hope it lasts because it was working before until suddenly some channels stopped working again.

you need to use this proper extension cable:

250px-IEC_169-2_male_and_female_connector.JPG

Or buy another antenna with longer rf cable.

eekee

Reaction score
AFAIK, indoor antenna are not meant to be share but someone has use a single passive antenna for his entire BTO flat. Check his setup here.

PRC refer to People Republic of China, so any model will work. K2 is the more popular one. Didn't really take note about the diskspace usage, should be able to last a number of hours.

What model is your PRC unit? Any link to where you bought it?

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's interesting to know that there's no 1 product that any HWZer can recommend ...

I am wondering what is the limitation of the product that there's no 1 value for money brand or model...

how come huh?

Norman Chan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It boil down to individual , if you buy cheap later overheat and spoil than people will start saying recommend lousy product. If buy expensive (got a bit of brand name) than people will comment got cheap why need buy expensive.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so kinda think the industry is not normalised yet...bad/unstable product, ridiculous price, and too many varying factor like reception?

guess just have to wait and see...this is really 1 technology that is 1 step forward, 10 step backward...

gardiboy

Master Member
Reaction score
gUYS, I just got a new TV and was recommended to buy the Daiyo eu1705 flat antenna.

However, the shows intermittently lags! AND stutters!

DId I get ripped off? I Already have a SCV cable point in this new BTO flat.

WHat should I do?

Subscribe to Starhub? What if I wanna view only the free to air chananels?
Can I just connect a cable direct to the scv outlet without a set top box?

ipevery

Reaction score
gUYS, I just got a new TV and was recommended to buy the Daiyo eu1705 flat antenna.

However, the shows intermittently lags! AND stutters!

DId I get ripped off? I Already have a SCV cable point in this new BTO flat.

WHat should I do?

Subscribe to Starhub? What if I wanna view only the free to air chananels?
Can I just connect a cable direct to the scv outlet without a set top box?
I am in the same boat. But I got a simple standing type antenna from SLS for $18. Works great.

my6600

Reaction score
still using the built in dvb-t2 tv is better, most decoder the built quality is very poor. UI is ugly, the feeling of the remote control is damn bad while pressing the buttons.:(

tank_t

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am in the same boat. But I got a simple standing type antenna from SLS for $18. Works great.

may I know which level you stayed? how far is the antenna from the window.

right now I testing for a friend who stays on level 2. I used my draco STB at his place. however the signal is pretty weak and the picture stutters a lot.
signal strength measured from draco stb fluctuates a lot 99% can drop to 10%.
and the tv is about 2-3m away from the window.

was thinking to recommend a better antenna.

gardiboy

Master Member
Reaction score
may I know which level you stayed? how far is the antenna from the window.

right now I testing for a friend who stays on level 2. I used my draco STB at his place. however the signal is pretty weak and the picture stutters a lot.
signal strength measured from draco stb fluctuates a lot 99% can drop to 10%.
and the tv is about 2-3m away from the window.

was thinking to recommend a better antenna.

Will subscribing to StarHub cable resolve the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.