[PS4 sexperts lip lai] Go for PS4 Pro or PS4 Slim @ 1080p?

GundamG

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a 27inch 4K monitor. should i go for ps4 slim or pro?

Last edited:

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
I have a 27inch 4K monitor. should i go for ps4 slim or pro?
Personal opinion, no actual experience... If don't already have any ps4 and can afford (price difference doesn't break the bank for you), always go for the pro regardless what tv. At this point in time, really if money is not a major concern, there is no point getting a lower end version. (With a 27" monitor, you are sitting very close anyway, so the diff between 1080p and 4k resolution should be visible.)

On your 4K monitor, you can try different settings, like let the ps4 pro output in 1080p only instead of 4k (could get better frame rate and look better running in pro enhance modes). Or just run at 4k mode and compare. HDR (high dynamic range) actually plays a big part too, it's not just 4K. People are looking for 4K+HDR TVs for such purpose. (Regular ps4 supports HDR too, after recent patch.) So if your 4K monitor doesn't have HDR, should try out different combinations of resolution vs performance to see which one gives you a better picture. At least if you get the Pro you have all these options available to you. On a Slim, you basically only have the Slim output in 1080p (often at 30fps or unstable 60fps) and letting the monitor upscale it. (On Pro, most games actually don't run at native 4k, there is some scaling or other techniques involved as well, but at least it is optimised by the game developers, not just routine upscaling by the tv.)

Last edited:

GundamG

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok, money is not really a concern, just need to wait for the stock to arrive. going to preorder one later.

ethan89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
wow why they bring in so few sets ?
Repost:
Initial batch is like that lah. The factory's production capacity not ramp up yet. The specs and designs still undergoing last minute changes (the Pro seems to have some spec changes after Sony saw the Xbox's). The parts suppliers probably not at full production capacity yet or quality not stablised yet (case in point, Samsung's battery supplier, actually Sony suffered from that too a few years ago with their laptop). Sony wouldn't have started actual production run too early otherwise hard to keep everything under wrap. So early supply always won't be enough, especially when there is a high demand for the product. For this case, a high demand is expected, especially at this time of the year nearing the holidays. PS4 had been outselling Xbox One since day 1, but for the last couple of months, Xbone actually took the lead. Unless Sony is suddenly losing the console war, the only logical explanation is that people are holding back on PS4 purchase, all waiting for the Pro instead.
Just look at the original Wii, it was short on stock for 2 years!

Slavor

Reaction score
Hopefully this gimmick doesn't last beyond end of November. A bit stupid to not have stock ready for the general public to buy in time for Christmas...

Typical marketing gimmick u know.

Companies like to make use of 1st batch goods to create a hype... It's a psychological tactic to excite potential customers.

See what Apple and Samsung did with their latest smartphones on the 1st day of release.

Sent from "It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things."
- Theodore Roosevelt using GAGT

refresh

Reaction score
Those cannot resist the temptation of ffxv will get the ps4 slim to play first maybe...? Help Sony clear stock.

Hopefully this gimmick doesn't last beyond end of November. A bit stupid to not have stock ready for the general public to buy in time for Christmas...

Slavor

Reaction score
I almost did that myself a few days ago, but the thought of buying a soon to be outdated console made me change my mind...

Those cannot resist the temptation of ffxv will get the ps4 slim to play first maybe...? Help Sony clear stock.

kellogs

Reaction score
I think this marketing hype is really stupid when US and UK is flooded with PS4 PRO.

I dont understand why Sony Singapore/APAC is treating its Singapore customer like this

ethan89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Slavor

Reaction score
I agree. This was supposed to be my first console in 6 years. If it isn't going to be available by year end I might as well wait till Nintendo switch comes out to buy that instead.

I think this marketing hype is really stupid when US and UK is flooded with PS4 PRO.

I dont understand why Sony Singapore/APAC is treating its Singapore customer like this

God Of Pcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I buy the slim liao,going to sell it soon once i sian of ff15 or once there no other games i like

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.