Wireless Bluetooth Headphones Recommendations

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
Sony Zx770bn selling at Sony Store for $249 (before 20% discount).

Just tested it today and comfort level the MDR-1000X is definitely more comfortable.

gila-monster

Reaction score
It seems Bose QC35 is not in your shopping list. I will not further emphasise its sound quality but the comfort for the GC35 is great. Worth adding into your list.:D

musicsg_com

Reaction score
My review of Jabra Move Wireless:

The first thing that strikes me when I listened to the Jabra Move is its clear treble. The bass level mixes well in quiet environments, but it loses the impact when listening to music tracks with noisy vocal mix or under noisy environment, which is the case for any small-sized on-ear headphones.

http://musicphotolife.com/2014/11/jabra-move-wireless-headphones-review/

11160195.jpg

chanbri

Reaction score
I'm still using my Jabra Revo Wireless. Bought it around 250 when it was on sale at Ion Epicenter last year.

I think its value for the money. It has touch controls and while it doesn't have active no ice cancellation, it offers some passive noice cancellation/isolation as it is an over-ear can.

After around a year of use, the ear cushions now are peeling off/flaking. Not sure where to find replacements but they are removable. Jabra.com do sell them at US$29.99

Asslann

Reaction score
Is Sony Zx770bn reasonably comfortable?

I'm using HD 598 with amp.

Any idea if the sound quality would be better? :s11:

iCubes

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm using QC35 too...super comfortable..I can wear it for hours without any ear aches I've experienced with other headsets. After a long while, no matter how good the music quality is on other phones, your ears will feel tired and you want to take them off. QC35 puts the world in silent mode. Very happy using them.

Neutrino3561

Reaction score
I'm acoustic engineer in one of audio related company in Malaysia (not SONY :)).
I have Sony 1ABT and just bought MDR-zx770bn at lazada Malaysia at RM402 two weeks ago. I tested MDR-1000x before go for MDR-zx770bn.

From my observation with SBC or Aptx,

1ABT
sounds wormer, more bass, less treble. Total package sounds more comfortable, good for long time period of listening. No ANC. It sounds great when listen at quiet environment, but the sound is totally different when u take bus or flight. The low frequency noise will mask over the bass and u will only hear mid and treble.

MDR-1000x
Good ANC, the ANC did not create uncomfortable sound. I notice a lot of ANC headphones created uncomfortable sound at mid range where the phase offset did not perform properly. The sound is quite balance, more treble and less bass compare to 1ABT. But it sounds a bit harder compare to 1ABT, this is the only reason stop me from moving to 1000x.

MDR-zx770bn
ANC not so great, I can hear a bit of uncomfortable sound at mid frequency. End up I use putty to block the ANC mic port to prevent mid and high frequency pass through the mic, so that only low frequency noise will be processed.
770bn is the worst compare to 1000x and 1ABT, too much of bass and high frequency (has the V shape kind of EQ). Need to manually tune the bass port to reduce the bass and high frequency.
The only item I like 770bn is the price, Audio technica ANC7B,ANC9, Bose QC15 all are above RM850! And without BT feature.

Now I'm using 1ABT at home (quiet environment), MDR-zx770bn for traveling (noisy environment).

Tested BOSE products, but I prefer SONY's sound character.

Greent

Reaction score
Almost want to buy the SONY MDR-zx770bn but after reading your review
make me give a miss of this headphone despite is on budget ...

Still looking @ a NC headphone ... so any recommendation ?

Neutrino3561

Reaction score
For MDR-ZX770BN, Manage to compare the default audio vs SQ priority mode (volume up + power on), SQ priority mode is significantly better (balance audio), Clearer mid range.

yijuchoo

Reaction score
Bose qc35 needs to install the app which I'm afraid of issues with the app & upgrade problem etc. I think Sony mdr 1000x will be a better option if considering the ease of useability. I'm thinking of using for both home & travelling use. So I guess putting in $200 more will b more feasible to meet both needs?

fathornet

Reaction score
I'm getting a wireless headphone for my gf as a christmas present.
Currently I'm looking at Jabra move wireless, Bose on-ear BT and Koss BT540i.

I read complaints on amazon that the seams of the earcups comes apart easily on the Jabra Move.

Between Bose and Koss, I'm leaning towards Koss as it is at a lower price point and the reviews online seem to be favourable.

Any experts care to comment?

musicdreamer

Reaction score

I read complaints on amazon that the seams of the earcups comes apart easily on the Jabra Move.

Between Bose and Koss, I'm leaning towards Koss as it is at a lower price point and the reviews online seem to be favourable.

I'm no expert but will comment anyways:s13: Koss aside their Porta Pro...not impressed. Bose is popular but if for GF can check out B&O play H5, the pink colour damm sweet.

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how the review for beats executive Headset? Now Hwee seng going sell their demo for 139 only

musicsg_com

Reaction score

For gifts to ladies, I also recommend Beoplay H5 or Jaybird Freedom F5. You can read my reviews here:

H5: http://musicphotolife.com/2016/07/beoplay-h5-review-wireless-earphones-bo-play/

Drawback of H5 is relatively short battery life and proprietary charging port.

Beoplay-H5-14.jpg

Freedom: http://musicphotolife.com/2016/11/jaybird-freedom-wireless-review/

Its small earbuds will not look too overwhelmed for lady user, its versatile style makes it an ideal fashion wear too.

Both earphones have clear bright treble details, so if your GF does not like that, the Freedom has an app to tune the EQ to her liking.

fathornet

Reaction score
For gifts to ladies, I also recommend Beoplay H5 or Jaybird Freedom F5. You can read my reviews here:

Drawback of H5 is relatively short battery life and proprietary charging port.

Its small earbuds will not look too overwhelmed for lady user, its versatile style makes it an ideal fashion wear too.

Both earphones have clear bright treble details, so if your GF does not like that, the Freedom has an app to tune the EQ to her liking.

Thanks for the advice! I'll go read up your review.

Fwahfwah

Reaction score
I have the H7. Quite decent. Vocal and separation. But no keep case to go with it. Sensor volume knob takes some time to learn to control but once you get the hang of it its fine. Got mine at Decibels, great boss to chat with. I learn abit from talking to him

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.