View Single Post
Old 27-11-2016, 12:24 AM   #8769
dachee

Visited Gain City to buy Mitsubishi for my resale HDB 5 room house but was talked into buying LG System 3 insteadfrom Gain City.

Since we moved Into our fully renovated house beginning this year, we have so much headaches

1. Compressor dented and collected rain water - small matter and settled quickly.

2. Hot air blewing shortly after 2 months or so. Called Gain City and LG man came. Said gas leak and not product problem.

3. Gain City's sub contractor came, said need to do minor hacking to attach devices to detect where the gas leakage was. But I monitor first after he him tightened a knot in the compressor. Fortunately it worked.

4. First service done by Gain City also disappointing. The senior technician still ok but the junior simply talked too much, messy and untidy. But worst, was told one unit cannot be serviced as the trunking blocked the aircon and cover couldn't be removed. Need to relocate the unit.

5. Gain City's sub contractors came the next week. Either to relocate and move the unit upward or opened up the trunking every time servicing is done. I took the 2nd option to avoid all the messes and inconvenience.

6. The same unit started to make funny noise whenever I switched it on. On nights when I sleep light, I feel irritated by the noises.

7. Worst of all, rain water started to sip into master room lately!!! Given my feedback in Gain City 3 days ago, asking for a complete solution but no response from them yet!!!

I am considering to seek help from another aircon company and also give up my 2 year service contract with Gain City. Any recommendations?

If Gain City cannot resolve my problems once and for all, I hope another company can.
Hi, It is so sad to hear your problem. I guess that you are not the only one facing such incompetent installer.

In my opinion, there is a contract between you and Gain City in regards to the purchase of the air conditioner, of which installation is part of the contract. In the event that you have another person / company working on the installation defects, than Gain City may have to right to void the installation warranty.

1. Talk to LG about your problem and ask them for help.

2. You may also wish to ask Gain City for their LG approved installer to review the installation and do the necessary repairs.

3. In the event that LG is not able to help you and you get no response from Gain City, then record all the problems and defects that you faced. Issue Gain City a written letter to have the problems / defects rectified within a specific but reasonable time, making clear to them that only LG approved installer are acceptable. You may wish to request LG for a list of their approved installer.

4. There are cases where installer do not even vacuum the line (copper coils) and check for leak before releasing the gas into the system. Such actions would likely cause future major breakdown of the system that happens after the installation warranty is over.

5. In the event that there is not response from Gain City, you may wish to make a claim from the small claim court immediately for the refund of the installation cost so that you can pay for a reliable installer (recommended by LG)with a one year warranty to redo the installation.

You may wish to update us on your progress in resolving this problem. This will help others to avoid the same problems. Do discuss with others on other alternatives towards a solution to your problem.

From your case, I, personally will never purchase any air conditioner or even other products from Gain City.

Above are my opinion and hope that it is helpful.