DBS Altitude Visa Signature

lewissac

Reaction score
perfectly legal, can be done in 2 ways

point transfer from credit card A to krisflyer B, but nothing stops airlines from closing your account or voiding the miles because it's against the tnc. this is provided that the bank actually approves the transfer.

adding someone to nominee list, and redeeming a ticket from your own krisflyer account. this is allowed to my knowledge.

correct me if i'm wrong

Okay. Seems the 2nd way is more approachable. Applies to Asia Miles too? I don't have KrisFlyer... :s12:

lewissac

Reaction score
What is the wait time to see the DBS point earned from the transaction reflected from the online banking? Im referring to usual earned point, NOT additional points earned.

dahnoob

Reaction score
Second way also need you to have miles in bulk. Nobody actually buys economy tickets this way. To redeem for biz, you need miles in bulk.

Okay. Seems the 2nd way is more approachable. Applies to Asia Miles too? I don't have KrisFlyer... :s12:

lewissac

Reaction score
Made a purchase using AMEX card for Amazon and claimed the USD25.00 AMEX code savings just now. :s12:

1x 4TB Seagate @ USD 109.99 (SITEX sell SGD 199)
1x 128GB Sandisk @ USD 22.99 (SITEX sell SGD 46.50)
1x 64GB Sandisk @ USD 12.99 (SITEX sell SGD 24.50)
1x card wallet @ USD 7.90

So SITEX RRP of SGD 270 vs Amazon's purchase of USD 153 (equiv to SGD 194-195 after discount savings) :D:D

vince123123

Reaction score
Amazon has all along been cheaper than anywhere you can find in Singapore for computer storage products.

lewissac

Reaction score
Amazon has all along been cheaper than anywhere you can find in Singapore for computer storage products.

Yup, agreed.

There's only 4 things I will cfm buy from Amazon.
- Any computer accessories
- Any books
- Men's wear accessories (wallet, etc)
- T-Shirt

lewissac

Reaction score
Wish to check.

Amazon purchases need how long to reflect it on unbill posted transactions?

The Amazon purchased is confirmed but I do not see the credit limit reduced.... kinda odd to me.

lewissac

Reaction score
Guys.

Does recurring payment/GIRO able to earn DBS points for this card? Just to confirm since TnC nv says anything about recurring payment and GIRO.

Transferring most of my payments here since my plan foiled when HSBC rejected my card application. Sigh.... *&^&$&%^*

lusunshine

Reaction score
Guys.

Does recurring payment/GIRO able to earn DBS points for this card? Just to confirm since TnC nv says anything about recurring payment and GIRO.

Transferring most of my payments here since my plan foiled when HSBC rejected my card application. Sigh.... *&^&$&%^*

Yes, it earns.

fitlies

Reaction score
After some reading, seems like only HSBC cards give points for tax payments. Just wish to confirm this and if anyone is using any other general-spending cards e.g. Altitude/Priv/Premiermiles to make payment?

Deliberating whether to break my monthly previously-arranged GIRO in exchange for one lump sum via CC.

david_yyy

Reaction score
After some reading, seems like only HSBC cards give points for tax payments. Just wish to confirm this and if anyone is using any other general-spending cards e.g. Altitude/Priv/Premiermiles to make payment?

Deliberating whether to break my monthly previously-arranged GIRO in exchange for one lump sum via CC.
I think HSBC does not give 5x or 10x for tax payment, only 1x. Anyone can confirm?

I also dont think they gives 5x/10x for telco, sp services, hdb parking, town council, roadtax, etc.

Sent from LGE LG-H961N using GAGT

zumaba

Reaction score
If using this card to buy airticket from Lufhansa online for $2,500 (quoted in SGD), can earn 3 mile/$?

or any better cards to use?

lewissac

Reaction score
If using this card to buy airticket from Lufhansa online for $2,500 (quoted in SGD), can earn 3 mile/$?

or any better cards to use?

See if can book from Expedia? UOB Prvi offer 6mpd for Expedia booking (hotel and flight)

lewissac

Reaction score
Wierd.

Is Amazon Purchases qualify for 2mpd (or 5X reward)? My Amex card doesn't reflect this. Very sure I pay in USD.

Cuz I don't see any DBS points reflected. OR have to wait longer? Usually all DBS points for local transactions are immediately reflected upon posted on unbilled transaction.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.