Malaysia prepaid card

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how to top up hot link fast sim card?

what is the minimum amount?

I remember some Hot Link shop told me 30rm? So ex?!
RM5, and ...

Reload vouchers can be bought in 7-Eleven outlets in MY, some supermarket cashiers like Aeon, Maxis Hotlink dealer and some mobile accessories shops. You can also do it online before your trip, at the ePay website.

sorry for noob kwestion

can buy hotlink fast sim pack from 7-eleven?
No.

Standing Birdy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so hotlink fast sim pack can only buy from hotlink or maxis centre?
is it immediate activation or need to wait some time before can use?

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When i bought mine few weeks back @ Danga Bay Maxis Centre, it is activated immediately.

IMO that's the best place to buy if you don't mind the little travelling. There's another Maxis Center in Taman Molek. If you're in Melaka, head for the Maxis Center in Mahkota Parade shopping mall. I think the one in Batu Pahat Shopping Mall is also a Maxis Center.

Otherwise, can also be bought at dealer shops all over the area of JB Sentral, City Square, and beyond. The one in City Square was said to have "system down" for quite a while, not sure if it's up already. If you're in Sutera Mall, can head for the Maxis shop there as well.

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thank you very much. :o I try this offline map for my trip in malacca. :o Works damn good and accurate. :o When I drive from SG to Malacca I also use this offline map. :o I use it when I turn on pre-paid Singtel SIM card. :o It uses the singtel phone network + offline map. :o Very accurate when comparing waze + celcom prepaid. :o

Standing Birdy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMO that's the best place to buy if you don't mind the little travelling. There's another Maxis Center in Taman Molek. If you're in Melaka, head for the Maxis Center in Mahkota Parade shopping mall. I think the one in Batu Pahat Shopping Mall is also a Maxis Center.

Otherwise, can also be bought at dealer shops all over the area of JB Sentral, City Square, and beyond. The one in City Square was said to have "system down" for quite a while, not sure if it's up already. If you're in Sutera Mall, can head for the Maxis shop there as well.

i'm going KL
gonna try to find hotlink
if cannot find then just anyhow buy another prepaid for data

thanks for all the replies:)

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OneXOX is offering a Super Season Pass 3GB @RM30 for new users!!! :s12:

FYI a Season Pass has a validity as long as the SIM card itself, so you can easily get 28 months PLUS 30 days out of it!

Don't forget to ask your dealer about it! :)

(One-time subscription only)

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

FYI a Season Pass has a validity as long as the SIM card itself, so you can easily get 28 months PLUS 30 days out of it!

Forgo my Hotlink tablet and get one more of this? :D Why only for new users...

Seriously thinking to let my Hotlink tablet plan lapse and last day of my current validity is 9th Dec. =:p

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Wow... Good deal...

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Forgo my Hotlink tablet and get one more of this? :D Why only for new users...

Seriously thinking to let my Hotlink tablet plan lapse and last day of my current validity is 9th Dec. =:p

Everyone is hoping they'll offer this to existing users soon. Watch out for their Happy Hour offers! :s13:

I'm holding on to my Hotlink Tablet SIM. Since they allow roaming and stuff now, whether intentionally or not, and also stopped selling new packs, I want to see what's going to happen to it eventually. :D

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Everyone is hoping they'll offer this to existing users soon. Watch out for their Happy Hour offers! :s13:

I'm holding on to my Hotlink Tablet SIM. Since they allow roaming and stuff now, whether intentionally or not, and also stopped selling new packs, I want to see what's going to happen to it eventually. :D

I am going to use Starhub Happy SIM to try for my coming trip. :)

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M1 passport good or not?

Heard somebody mentioned green one not so good; my main reason to get this is try on different regions.

M1 Data Passport is for postpaid accounts, and there're charges like activation and stuff? I'm using the prepaid M Card that just draws from the existing data without having to pay for anything. :D

Not too bad, since I'm using it in a spare phone here and when heading across, can already get a MY line while queuing for my bus at Tuas CIQ. :)

Not sure about overseas, but I don't like the reception of the green one here. =:p

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Digi prepaid available now.
15325210_10154769392408166_3202964229702691489_o.jpg

Was told that XPax Turbo prepaid now allows data and voice to be used in malaysia, singapore and indonesia.

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M1 Data Passport is for postpaid accounts, and there're charges like activation and stuff? I'm using the prepaid M Card that just draws from the existing data without having to pay for anything. :D

Not too bad, since I'm using it in a spare phone here and when heading across, can already get a MY line while queuing for my bus at Tuas CIQ. :)

Not sure about overseas, but I don't like the reception of the green one here. =:p

I will give a try to the green data roam and subscribed their 2.4Gb for 30 days use ($15 damage), will see how good their coverage.

More of less will not continue my Hotlink tablet plan; inside still have 90Mb and RM$5 credit. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.