Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you using HMA router or just simply their desktop software to get that kind of speed?

According to the review below HMA, based in UK, has one of the worst privacy record in the world

https://www.bestvpn.com/hidemyass-review/

Isn't having a VPN is to protect our privacy and security?

Thanks
https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-mull-fraudster-database-in-wake-of-lulzec-fiasco-111006/

HMA is indeed terrible from a privacy standpoint, but if he's just using it to bypass georestrictions then I guess it doesn't matter.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

HMA is the VPN service provider that turned over logs for lulzsec iirc...

Personally I'm using pia to bypass georestrictions for online gaming

Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT

From the case here PIA looks like not logging users' personal info leh

https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-no-logging-claims-tested-in-fbi-case-160312/

BTW, how's its upload/download speed? Can select server, protocol and encryption level? All all their servers Gigabit servers? Do they own and operate their servers? Are the servers bare metal or cloud based? Is it working for NetFlix US? Can watch 4k videos on Youtube smoothly?

Thanks

Last edited:

AlvinDj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend me a VPN service which is decently priced?

Thinking of getting PureVPN..

Last edited:

vickigoh

Reaction score
I am looking for vpn or dns to stream china content with a fast speed. I am using it on tv box and use apps like Bee app, moli, Qstation, youku and QQ music. I have VIP for youku and QQ music .. and QQ music need VPN to activate the VIP which in the past i use purevpn to do it but since yesterday purevpn cant access QQ music and for streaming drama and chinese also become slow. I can use unblock youku DNS too but recently very slow keep buffering.

For vpn, i tried purevpn and HMA (totally not working for me) ..
For DNS, i tried overplay, unotelly and dns4me = > unotelly & dns4me use on Bee app, Qstation and Moli is fine. But cannot work for Youku TV version & QQ music.

I came across this flyvpn which got many china servers and wondering anyone using it ?? How is the speed too??

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am looking for vpn or dns to stream china content with a fast speed. I am using it on tv box and use apps like Bee app, moli, Qstation, youku and QQ music. I have VIP for youku and QQ music .. and QQ music need VPN to activate the VIP which in the past i use purevpn to do it but since yesterday purevpn cant access QQ music and for streaming drama and chinese also become slow. I can use unblock youku DNS too but recently very slow keep buffering.

For vpn, i tried purevpn and HMA (totally not working for me) ..
For DNS, i tried overplay, unotelly and dns4me = > unotelly & dns4me use on Bee app, Qstation and Moli is fine. But cannot work for Youku TV version & QQ music.

I came across this flyvpn which got many china servers and wondering anyone using it ?? How is the speed too??
tried it once a long time ago. not happy.
anyway, why do u need bypass for QQmusic... i can access just fine.
DNS is frm getflix tho.

dun keep your hopes high for one service for everything to work.
i feel is improssible in these time

vickigoh

Reaction score
tried it once a long time ago. not happy.
anyway, why do u need bypass for QQmusic... i can access just fine.
DNS is frm getflix tho.

dun keep your hopes high for one service for everything to work.
i feel is improssible in these time

To activate QQ music VIP for my account, need China IP ...

So far i am quite satisfied with purevpn for streaming china & usa content as the speed very fast. I tested flyvpn not bad as well but purevpn seem faster abit. Only problem with purevpn cant access QQ music in PC anymore.

If not wrong, you are using MR right?? cause i cannot access QQ music thru PC now..not sure about you but already request to check on that.

Ya i know is impossible to have one work for all..so that why i am keeping a few good one DNS & VPN just in case only.

Getflix can access china content??

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To activate QQ music VIP for my account, need China IP ...

So far i am quite satisfied with purevpn for streaming china & usa content as the speed very fast. I tested flyvpn not bad as well but purevpn seem faster abit. Only problem with purevpn cant access QQ music in PC anymore.

If not wrong, you are using MR right?? cause i cannot access QQ music thru PC now..not sure about you but already request to check on that.

Ya i know is impossible to have one work for all..so that why i am keeping a few good one DNS & VPN just in case only.

Getflix can access china content??

what u mean by activate VIP.
once u paid for already, whenever u log in, it will be VIP already no?
why need to activate again? before replying just now, i went ahead and try resuming play then skipped a couple of songs (PC Client) no vpn needed.

i do get the geolocation thing once in a while. randomly or "cookies lease" expired my guess.

VPN needed only when need to use geoblocking apps.
On top of that, I do not really rely on purevpn's app, doesnt seem to work right on android 4.4.2
So I had them manually entered, either via openvpn or sstp

region options are currently not supported by getflix as i typed.
contents i access are all on the local catalog, so yeah .. lol

vickigoh

Reaction score
what u mean by activate VIP.
once u paid for already, whenever u log in, it will be VIP already no?
why need to activate again? before replying just now, i went ahead and try resuming play then skipped a couple of songs (PC Client) no vpn needed.

i do get the geolocation thing once in a while. randomly or "cookies lease" expired my guess.

VPN needed only when need to use geoblocking apps.
On top of that, I do not really rely on purevpn's app, doesnt seem to work right on android 4.4.2
So I had them manually entered, either via openvpn or sstp

region options are currently not supported by getflix as i typed.
contents i access are all on the local catalog, so yeah .. lol

Ya only the paying part only..i can access to download songs. Actually can use with app or client..just website cant access.

Ah ok so getitfix dont have region option then not for me liao..haha cause i mainly stream china content youku apps need VPN or unblock DNS to access and crunchyroll too but most important is still china IP. Not really accessing local content for me..

I think i will try it tonight cause using tv box quite abit different. Cause some dont work for tv apps

I tried set it manually on my tv box and it wont work too. My android is 4.4.2 but using apps is fine.. All china apps no problem even youku tv version apps..

Last edited:

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to be honest, everything in a on off thing, lol.
sometimes things will just work, sometimes multiple different connections aso cannot work.

vickigoh

Reaction score
to be honest, everything in a on off thing, lol.
sometimes things will just work, sometimes multiple different connections aso cannot work.

Ya agree with you especially is china content ..is like on and off..but so far purevpn worked for me at 90%..speed also fast..i use it with a few china common apps that i used daily and crunchyroll and worked perfectly well.

I do use QQ PC client download songs it worked fine too with no VPN or DNS. However yesteday got abit error cant download lol..

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya agree with you especially is china content ..is like on and off..but so far purevpn worked for me at 90%..speed also fast..i use it with a few china common apps that i used daily and crunchyroll and worked perfectly well.

I do use QQ PC client download songs it worked fine too with no VPN or DNS. However yesteday got abit error cant download lol..
maybe is their problem..
patnotebook blog is ur ah?

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s22:

if troubleshooting fail i'd just do other things or sleep
the next time access shld be ok liao.

cos, unless it is hardware issue, things will work themselves out. or well, the dns/vpn got blocked.

netsuAi

Master Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.